Affiliation: Otto-von-Guericke University
- Lymphocyte subsets' reference ranges in an age- and gender-balanced population of 100 healthy adults--a monocentric German studyKathleen Jentsch-Ullrich
Department of Haematology Oncology, Medical Faculty, Otto von Guericke University, Leipziger Str 44, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Clin Immunol 116:192-7. 2005..Based on these results, we established reference values for three subgroups: males < or = 50 years, females < or = 50 years, and males/females > 50 years...
- The role of diagnosis in patients failing peripheral blood progenitor cell mobilizationMichael Koenigsmann
Clinic of Hematology Oncology, Institute for Transfusion Medicine and Immunohematology, Otto von Guericke University, Magdeburg, Germany
Transfusion 44:777-84. 2004..Failure to mobilize PBPCs for auto-logous transplantation has mostly been attributed to previous therapy and poses therapeutic problems...
- Complete molecular remission in a patient with Philadelphia-chromosome positive acute myeloid leukemia after conventional therapy and imatinibKathleen Jentsch-Ullrich
University Hospital Magdeburg, Division of Hematology Oncology, Leipziger Str 44, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Haematologica 89:ECR15. 2004..Since the b2a2 transcript was still detectable, imatinib was started with quantitative RT-PCR monitoring. This result is promising and worth further evaluation to establish the role of imatinib in patients with Ph-positive AML...
- Acute myelofibrosis in a patient with diffuse large cell non Hodgkin's lymphoma and renal cancerMartin Mohren
Department of Hematology Oncology, Magdeburg University Hospital, Magdeburg, Germany
Leuk Lymphoma 44:1603-7. 2003..The concurrence of three distinctneoplasms within a short period of time as well as the complex cytogenetic aberrations found in her bone marrow cells reflect a strong individual susceptibility to malignant disease in this patient...
- Cardiac uptake of progenitor cells in patients with moderate-to-severe left ventricular failure scheduled for cardiac resynchronization therapyAndreas Goette
Division of Cardiology, University Hospital Magdeburg, Leipziger Street 44, 39120 Magdeburg Germany
Europace 8:157-60. 2006..We sought to determine the cardiac uptake of PC in patients with moderate-to-severe congestive heart failure (CHF) scheduled for cardiac resynchronization therapy...
- Thromboembolic complications after splenectomy for hematologic diseasesMartin Mohren
Klinik fur Hamatologie Onkologie, Universität Magdeburg, Germany
Am J Hematol 76:143-7. 2004..Incidence and pathophysiology of thromboembolic events (TE) in this patient group as well as prophylactic anticoagulation will be discussed, including a review of the current literature on this topic...
- Effect of atrial fibrillation on hematopoietic progenitor cells: a novel pathophysiological role of the atrial natriuretic peptide?Andreas Goette
University Hospital Magdeburg, Division of Cardiology, Leipziger Str 44, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Circulation 108:2446-9. 2003..Studies suggest that myocardial progenitor cells invade atrial tissue. So far it is unclear, however, whether an atrial disease per se affects circulating HPCs...
- Zygomycoses in patients with acute leukaemiaEnrico Schalk
Division of Haematology Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital of Magdeburg, Leipziger Str 44, D 39120, Magdeburg, Germany
Ann Hematol 85:327-32. 2006..A review of the literature of these emerging fungal infections is given and is focused on patients with acute leukaemia. In addition, the importance of autopsy as a tool for quality control and epidemiological studies is pointed out...
- Lethal candida sepsis associated with myeloperoxidase deficiency and pre-eclampsiaThomas Kalinski
Department of Pathology, Otto von Guericke University, Magdeburg, Germany
APMIS 115:875-80. 2007..We conclude that a combination of MPO-deficiency and gestational toxemia may indicate increased susceptibility to severe candida infections...
- Thymic hyperplasia following successful treatment for nodular-sclerosing Hodgkin's diseaseKatrin Scheinpflug
Department of Haematology and Oncology, Otto von Guericke University, Leipziger Street 44, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Leuk Lymphoma 44:1615-7. 2003..A detailed case report and a complete review of literature are provided...
- G-CSF-induced mobilization of CD34(+) progenitor cells and proarrhythmic effects in patients with severe coronary artery diseaseOliver Wolfram
Division of Cardiology, University Hospital Magdeburg, Magdeburg, Germany
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 30:S166-9. 2007..The in vivo mobilization of endothelial progenitor cells (EPCs) and the possible proarrhythmic effects in patients with severe coronary artery disease (CAD) and inducible ischemia have not been described...
- Fludarabine and bendamustine in refractory and relapsed indolent lymphoma--a multicenter phase I/II Trial of the east german society of hematology and oncology (OSHO)Michael Koenigsmann
Hematology Oncology Departments, University Magdeburg, Germany
Leuk Lymphoma 45:1821-7. 2004..Dose level 1 with 30 mg/m2/d of both drugs on days 1 to 3 was defined as the recommended dose. Despite unfavorable prognostic features (histologic subtype, stage of disease, pretreatment) response rates were good with this regimen...