Affiliation: Otto-von-Guericke University
- Differentiation of idiopathic Parkinson's disease, multiple system atrophy, progressive supranuclear palsy, and healthy controls using magnetization transfer imagingThomas Eckert
Department of Neurology II, University of Magdeburg, 39120, Magdeburg, Germany
Neuroimage 21:229-35. 2004....
- The role of functional neuroimaging in the differential diagnosis of idiopathic Parkinson's disease and multiple system atrophyThomas Eckert
Dept of Neurology II, University of Magdeburg, Leipziger Str 44, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Clin Auton Res 14:84-91. 2004..The following paper provides a review of different PET imaging methods for the differential diagnosis of PD and MSA patients...
- Increased pre-SMA activation in early PD patients during simple self-initiated hand movementsT Eckert
Dept of Neurology II, University of Magdeburg, Germany
J Neurol 253:199-207. 2006..These findings provide new insights into the activation pattern of the cerebellum in PD patients...
- Abnormal metabolic networks in atypical parkinsonismThomas Eckert
Department of Neurology II, University of Magdeburg, Germany
Mov Disord 23:727-33. 2008..These disease-related networks can potentially be used in conjunction with functional brain imaging as quantifiable biomarkers for the assessment of these pathological conditions...
- FDG PET in the differential diagnosis of parkinsonian disordersThomas Eckert
Center for Neurosciences, Institute for Medical Research, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
Neuroimage 26:912-21. 2005..Computer-assisted methodologies may be particularly helpful in situations where experienced readers of FDG PET images are not readily available...
- Regional metabolic changes in parkinsonian patients with normal dopaminergic imagingThomas Eckert
Center for Neurosciences, Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, Manhasset, New York 11030, USA
Mov Disord 22:167-73. 2007..The results suggest that parkinsonian subjects with normal dopaminergic imaging do not have evidence of classical PD or an atypical parkinsonian syndrome...
- New strategies for automated differential diagnosis of degenerative brain disordersPhoebe G Spetsieris
Center for Neurosciences, Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, North Shore LIJ Health System, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2007:3421-5. 2007..It is shown that the extraction of exclusive sub-networks that stem from contrasting image features between conditions can be an effective tool for optimization that does not require expert knowledge...
- Assessment of the progression of Parkinson's disease: a metabolic network approachThomas Eckert
Center for Neurosciences, Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
Lancet Neurol 6:926-32. 2007..This approach will ultimately enable the assessment of abnormal network activity in people who are genetically at risk of Parkinson's disease...
- Quantification of Parkinson's disease-related network expression with ECD SPECTThomas Eckert
Center for Neurosciences, The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, North Shore LIJ Health System, 350 Community Drive, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 34:496-501. 2007..In the current study, we utilized a new, fully automated voxel-based method to quantify network expression in ECD SPECT images from patients with classical PD, patients with multiple system atrophy (MSA), and healthy control subjects...
- Neuroimaging and therapeutics in movement disordersThomas Eckert
Department of Neurology II and Psychiatry, University of Magdeburg, Germany
NeuroRx 2:361-71. 2005..Both imaging strategies have provided novel insights into the mechanisms underlying a variety of pharmacological and stereotaxic surgical treatment strategies for PD and other movement disorders...
- Assembly of DNA-functionalized gold nanoparticles studied by UV/Vis-spectroscopy and dynamic light scatteringKatrin G Witten
Institute of Inorganic Chemistry, RWTH Aachen University, Landoltweg 1, 52074, Aachen, Germany
Phys Chem Chem Phys 10:1870-5. 2008..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first systematic time-resolved in situ investigation of DNA-mediated AuNP assembly by UV/Vis-spectroscopy and DLS...