- Modern determination of complement activationMartin Oppermann
Abteilung Zelluläre und Molekulare Immunologie, Zentrum für Hygiene und Humangenetik, Humboldtallee 34, Gottingen, Germany
Semin Thromb Hemost 36:611-9. 2010..Several confounding factors also have to be taken into account to allow a correct interpretation of the results...
- Differential effects of CC chemokines on CC chemokine receptor 5 (CCR5) phosphorylation and identification of phosphorylation sites on the CCR5 carboxyl terminusM Oppermann
Department of Immunology, University of Gottingen, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
J Biol Chem 274:8875-85. 1999..This study demonstrates that chemokines differ in their ability to induce CCR5 phosphorylation and desensitization and provides a molecular mechanism for the agonist-induced attenuation of CCR5 signaling...
- Chemokine receptor CCR5: insights into structure, function, and regulationMartin Oppermann
Department of Immunology, Georg August University Gottingen, Kreuzbergring 57, 37075, Germany
Cell Signal 16:1201-10. 2004..This review discusses recent advances in the elucidation of the structure and function of CCR5, as well as the complex mechanisms that regulate CCR5 signalling and cell surface expression...
- Characterization of sequence determinants within the carboxyl-terminal domain of chemokine receptor CCR5 that regulate signaling and receptor internalizationK Kraft
Department of Immunology, University of Gottingen, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
J Biol Chem 276:34408-18. 2001..Together these results indicate that post-translational modifications of carboxyl-terminal serine and cysteine residues have a significant impact on receptor deactivation and internalization...
- Effects of anti-C5a monoclonal antibodies on oxygen use in a porcine model of severe sepsisM Mohr
Department of Anaesthesiology, Critical Care and Emergency Medicine, University of Goettingen, Germany
Eur J Clin Invest 28:227-34. 1998..We analysed the effects of complement depletion and of C5a inhibition on haemodynamic parameters, oxygen delivery (DO2), oxygen consumption (VO2), oxygen extraction ratio (OER) and blood lactate levels after live bacteria infusion in pigs...
- Palmitoylation of the 5-hydroxytryptamine4a receptor regulates receptor phosphorylation, desensitization, and beta-arrestin-mediated endocytosisEvgeni Ponimaskin
Abteilung Neuro und Sinnesphysiologie, Physiologisches Institut, Universitat Gottingen, Germany
Mol Pharmacol 67:1434-43. 2005....
- Quantitation of components of the alternative pathway of complement (APC) by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assaysM Oppermann
Department of Immunology, University of Gottingen, F R G
J Immunol Methods 133:181-90. 1990..The latter should permit the quantitation of other complement split products...
- G protein-coupled receptor kinases promote phosphorylation and beta-arrestin-mediated internalization of CCR5 homo- and hetero-oligomersFriederike Huttenrauch
Department of Cellular and Molecular Immunology, Georg August University, Gottingen, Germany
J Biol Chem 280:37503-15. 2005..These results show that GRKs and beta-arrestin are involved in heterologous receptor regulation by cross-phosphorylating and co-internalizing unligated receptors within homo- or hetero-oligomeric protein complexes...
- Beta-arrestin binding to CC chemokine receptor 5 requires multiple C-terminal receptor phosphorylation sites and involves a conserved Asp-Arg-Tyr sequence motifFriederike Huttenrauch
Department of Immunology, University of Gottingen, Kreuzbergring 57, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
J Biol Chem 277:30769-77. 2002..These results suggest that a conserved sequence motif within the second intracellular loop of CCR5 that is known to be involved in G protein activation plays a significant role in beta-arrestin binding to CCR5...
- The C-terminus of complement regulator Factor H mediates target recognition: evidence for a compact conformation of the native proteinM Oppermann
Department of Immunology, , , Germany
Clin Exp Immunol 144:342-52. 2006....
- Analysis of ligand-stimulated CC chemokine receptor 5 (CCR5) phosphorylation in intact cells using phosphosite-specific antibodiesBeatrix Pollok-Kopp
Department of Immunology, Georg August University, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
J Biol Chem 278:2190-8. 2003....
- Plasma clearance of the human C5a anaphylatoxin by binding to leucocyte C5a receptorsM Oppermann
Department of Immunology, University of Gottingen, Germany
Immunology 82:516-21. 1994..The binding of the C5a anaphylatoxin to cellular receptors represents an effective control mechanism that protects the organism from systemic effects of this potent phlogistic mediator...
- Mutation of the DRY motif reveals different structural requirements for the CC chemokine receptor 5-mediated signaling and receptor endocytosisBernard Lagane
Institut Pasteur, , 28 rue du Dr Roux, 75015 Paris, France
Mol Pharmacol 67:1966-76. 2005..These results have implications for how distinct biological responses of CCR5 might rely on a different set of receptor conformations...
- Surface expression and endocytosis of the human cytomegalovirus-encoded chemokine receptor US28 is regulated by agonist-independent phosphorylationThilo Mokros
, Department of Tumorgenetics and Immunogenetics, Berlin, Germany
J Biol Chem 277:45122-8. 2002..Thus, constitutive US28 phosphorylation regulates receptor endocytosis and receptor surface display and may thereby provide a pathogenic mechanism for a potential decoy function of the virally encoded receptor...
- pH-independent endocytic cycling of the chemokine receptor CCR5Nathalie Signoret
Cell Biology Unit, Medical Research Council Laboratory for Molecular Cell Biology, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Traffic 5:529-43. 2004..Our data show that exposure to low pH is not required for RANTES or MIP-1beta dissociation from CCR5, or for recycling of internalised CCR5 to the cell surface...
- Dynamics of protein kinase C-mediated phosphorylation of the complement C5a receptor on serine 334Beatrix Pollok Kopp
Department of Cellular and Molecular Immunology, Georg August University, 37073 Gottingen, Germany
J Biol Chem 282:4345-53. 2007....
- Role of the carboxyl terminal di-leucine in phosphorylation and internalization of C5a receptorElena S Suvorova
Department of Microbiology, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT 59717, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1783:1261-70. 2008..Our studies support a model in which the L318/L319 stabilizes an amphipathic helix (Q305-R320) in the membrane-proximal region of C5aR...
- Agonist-induced endocytosis of CC chemokine receptor 5 is clathrin dependentNathalie Signoret
Cell Biology Unit, Medical Research Council Laboratory for Molecular Cell Biology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
Mol Biol Cell 16:902-17. 2005..However, sequestration of cholesterol with filipin interferes with agonist binding to CCR5, suggesting that cholesterol and/or lipid raft domains play some role in the events required for CCR5 activation before internalization...
- Antibody blockade of CCL25/CCR9 ameliorates early but not late chronic murine ileitisJesus Rivera-Nieves
Digestive Health Center of Excellence, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Gastroenterology 131:1518-29. 2006..Furthermore, although clinical trials to evaluate the efficacy of targeting the CCL25/CCR9 axis for the treatment of Crohn's disease are being conducted, preclinical data in animal models of IBD are lacking...
- Anti factor H autoantibodies block C-terminal recognition function of factor H in hemolytic uremic syndromeMihaly Jozsi
Junior Research Group Cellular Immunobiology, Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology, Hans Knöll Institute, Jena, Germany
Blood 110:1516-8. 2007..These results suggest that aHUS-associated FH autoantibodies mimic the effect of C-terminal FH mutations, as they inhibit the regulatory function of FH at cell surfaces by blocking its C-terminal recognition region...