- [Extraosseous calcifications in dermatomyositis. A rare differential diagnosis of a benign heterotropic ossification]S Ochman
Klinik und Poliklinik für Unfall, Hand und Wiederherstellungschirurgie, Universitatsklinikum Munster, Muenster
Unfallchirurg 107:320-4. 2004..Surgical resection of the calcification revealed a good functional recovery of the joint but because of a high recurrency rate the operation is only indicated in special cases...
- [Rupture of the quadriceps tendon. Diagnosis and treatment of a rare injury]S Ochman
Klinik und Poliklinik für Unfall, Hand und Wiederherstellungschirurgie, Universitatsklinikum Munster
Unfallchirurg 108:436-44. 2005..The type of repair depends on the time of diagnosis and localisation of the rupture. The functional outcome depends on timely repair and early initiation of knee movement and strengthening therapy...
- [Is use of the fixateur externe no longer indicated for the treatment of unstable radial fracture in the elderly?]S Ochman
Klinik und Poliklinik für Unfall, Hand und Wiederherstellungschirurgie, Universitatsklinikum Munster, Waldeyerstr 1, 48149, Munster, Germany
Unfallchirurg 109:1050-7. 2006..All this raises the question of whether external fixation is no longer indicated for distal radius fractures in the elderly, or is now no more than a second-line treatment...
- Local application of VEGF compensates callus deficiency after acute soft tissue trauma--results using a limb-shortening distraction procedure in rabbit tibiaSabine Ochman
Department of Trauma, Hand and Reconstructive Surgery, University Hospital, Westfalische Wilhelms University, Waldeyerstr 1, D 48149 Muenster, Germany
J Orthop Res 29:1093-8. 2011..5% vs. 86%) in the test versus control group. The results showed that locally applied VEGF stimulates fracture healing after acute soft tissue trauma and might be an option for fracture treatment in cases with severe soft tissue damage...
- [Calcaneonavicular coalition fracture. A rare differential diagnosis of post-traumatic ankle pain]S Ochman
Klinik und Poliklinik für Unfall, Hand und Wiederherstellungschirurgie, Universitatsklinikum, Waldeyerstrasse 1, 48149 Munster, Deutschland
Unfallchirurg 111:944-50. 2008..We report 2 cases of a fracture of the calcaneonavicular coalition as the cause of chronic posttraumatic ankle pain and demonstrate the characteristics of tarsal coalitions with a review of the literature...
- Comparison between locking and non-locking plates for fixation of metacarpal fractures in an animal modelSabine Ochman
Department of Trauma, Hand and Reconstructive Surgery, University Hospital, Muenster, Germany
J Hand Surg Am 35:597-603. 2010....
- VEGF improves skeletal muscle regeneration after acute trauma and reconstruction of the limb in a rabbit modelSoenke Percy Frey
Department of Trauma, Hand, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Wuerzburg, Oberduerrbacher Str 6, 97080 Wuerzburg, Germany
Clin Orthop Relat Res 470:3607-14. 2012..Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) is associated with angiogenesis but it is not clear whether it would restore muscle force, reduce scarring, and aid in muscle regeneration after acute musculoskeletal trauma...
- Muscle strength quantification in small animals: a new transcutaneous technique in rabbitsRainer H Meffert
Department of Trauma, Hand, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Wurzburg, Oberdürrbacher Str 6, D 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
J Orthop Res 26:1526-32. 2008..01) and that a severe muscular injury was set with limited recovery. This technique provides a new option for examining muscle regeneration and rehabilitation in small animals...
- Intraoperative radiation therapy (IORT) in primary locally advanced and recurrent carcinoma of the rectum at a "non-dedicated" facilityStefan Hesselmann
Department of Radiotherapy and Radiooncology, University Hospital Muenster, D 48129 Muenster, Germany
Anticancer Res 23:1875-81. 2003..Our aim was to perform IORT at a "non-dedicated" facility to improve the local tumour control rate without increasing the complication rate...
- Long-term results after primary microsurgical repair of ulnar and median nerve injuries. A comparison of common score systemsThomas Vordemvenne
Department of Trauma and Hand Surgery, University Hospital of Munster, Waldeyerstr 1, 48149 Munster, Germany
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 109:263-71. 2007..Clinical influence factors for nerve reconstruction were investigated. Furthermore, current score systems were inquired and evaluated on their effectiveness to illustrate the success of repair...
- An unusual cause of ankle pain: fracture of a talocalcaneal coalition as a differential diagnosis in an acute ankle sprain: a case report and literature reviewDirk Wähnert
Department of Trauma, Hand and Reconstructive Surgery, University Hospital Munster, Albert Schweitzer Campus 1, Building W1, 48149 Munster, Germany
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 14:111. 2013..Ankle sprains have an incidence of about one injury per 10 000 people a day. In contrast tarsal coalition is a rare condition occurring in not more than one percent of the population...
- Retrograde nail for tibiotalocalcaneal arthrodesis as a limb salvage procedure for open distal tibia and talus fractures with severe bone lossSabine Ochman
Department of Trauma, Hand, and Reconstructive Surgery, University Hospital, Muenster, Germany
J Foot Ankle Surg 51:675-9. 2012....
- Cooperative effects in differentiation and proliferation between PDGF-BB and matrix derived synthetic peptides in human osteoblastsThomas Vordemvenne
Department of Trauma, Hand and Reconstructive Surgery, University Hospital Munster, Germany
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 12:263. 2011..We hypothesized that the combined use of PDGF-BB with synthetic peptides could result in an increase in proliferation and calcification of osteoblast-like cells...
- [3D navigated osteosynthesis of calcaneal fractures. Open and minimally invasive techniques]A Rübberdt
Klinik und Poliklinik für Unfall, Hand und Wiederherstellungschirurgie, Universitatsklinikum Munster, Munster
Unfallchirurg 112:15-22. 2009..A method for three-dimensional (3D) navigated placement of sustentacular screws for treating intraarticular calcaneal fractures is presented and evaluated...
- [Experiences with v.a.c. therapy, fluorescein vital dye and Integra in large surface avulsion injury of both legs]M Langer
Klinik und Poliklinik für Unfall Hand und Wiederherstellungschirurgie, Universitatsklinikum Munster
Zentralbl Chir 129:S46-8. 2004