- Severe sexual sadism--an underdiagnosed disorder? Evidence from a sample of forensic inpatientsJoachim Nitschke
Department of Forensic Psychiatry, District Hospital Bezirksklinikum, Feuchtwanger Strasse 38, D 91522 Ansbach, Germany
J Forensic Sci 54:685-91. 2009..The latter, in contrast, more often reached media coverage through their offense(s). We conclude that severe sexual sadism is likely an underdiagnosed, yet forensically highly relevant disorder...
- A cumulative scale of severe sexual sadismJoachim Nitschke
Ansbach District Hospital, Germany
Sex Abuse 21:262-78. 2009..93) and represents a strong scale (H = .83) of the Guttman type (coefficient of reproducibility = .97). The 11-item scale distinguishes perfectly between sexual sadists and nonsadistic sex offenders in the sample...
- [Schizophrenic diseases, psychosis and homicide: the importance of community psychiatry for the prevention of offences]Joachim Nitschke
Bezirksklinikum Ansbach, Klinik für Forensische Psychiatrie, Ansbach
Psychiatr Prax 38:82-6. 2011..The risk of this group to commit a homicide is even more increased. The question of our study was to find out whether past homicides of schizophrenic patients could have been avoided if treatment had been administered properly...
- Empathy in sexually sadistic offenders: an experimental comparison with non-sadistic sexual offendersJoachim Nitschke
Ansbach District Hospital, Ansbach, Germany
Int J Law Psychiatry 35:165-7. 2012..The results suggest that severe sexual sadism is a distinct, pathological sexual arousal response, not a deficit in emotional processing...
- [Forensic psychiatry and behavioural analysis]J Nitschke
Bezirksklinikum Ansbach, Feuchtwanger Straße 38, 91522, Ansbach, Deutschland
Nervenarzt 82:827-33. 2011..This kind of approach should be intensified by increasing cooperation with behavioural analysis units and by further training for forensic therapists...