Genomes and Genes
- oxLDL uptake by dendritic cells induces upregulation of scavenger-receptors, maturation and differentiationThomas Nickel
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik I, University Hospital Munich Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Atherosclerosis 205:442-50. 2009..In addition, we analyzed the impact of oxLDL on the nuclear transcription factor-kappa B (NF-kappaB)-pathway...
- oxLDL downregulates the dendritic cell homing factors CCR7 and CCL21Thomas Nickel
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik I, Campus Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, 81377 Munich, Germany
Mediators Inflamm 2012:320953. 2012..Our aim was to investigate the role of oxLDL in the modulation of the DC homing-receptor CCR7 and endothelial-ligand CCL21...
- Modulation of dendritic cells and toll-like receptors by marathon runningThomas Nickel
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik 1, Campus Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Marchioninistr 15, 81377 Munich, Germany
Eur J Appl Physiol 112:1699-708. 2012..Myeloid and plasmacytoid DCs are differently affected by the excessive physical stress. Immunomodulatory mechanisms seem to play a key role in the response and adaptation to acute excessive exercise...
- Extreme exercise enhances chromogranin A levels correlating with stress levels but not with cardiac burdenT Nickel
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik 1, Campus Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Atherosclerosis 220:219-22. 2012..Stress and heart failure are associated with increased systemic levels of chromogranin A (CGA). Here we analyzed the effects of marathon running on systemic CGA levels and the association with cardiac burden and stress...
- Immunomodulatory effects of aerobic training in obesityThomas Nickel
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik I, Campus Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Mediators Inflamm 2011:308965. 2011..Markers of the innate immune response were investigated in obese (ONE: ET≤40 km/week) and lean athletes (LNE: ET≤40 km/week and LE: ET≥55 km/week)...
- Coronary dilatation after heart transplantationThomas Nickel
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik 1, Campus Großhadern, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Munich, Germany
Transplantation 92:697-702. 2011..2% to 5%. The endothelial-dependent and -independent causes for CD are postulated. So far, the incidence and prognosis of CD after heart transplantation is unknown...
- Immunoregulatory effects of the flavonol quercetin in vitro and in vivoThomas Nickel
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik I, Campus Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians and University of Munich, 81377, Munich, Germany
Eur J Nutr 50:163-72. 2011..We aimed to characterize the impact of the flavonol quercetin on DC activity and differentiation in vitro and in vivo...
- Modification of endothelial biology by acute and chronic stress hormonesT Nickel
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik I, Campus Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Munchen, Germany
Microvasc Res 78:364-9. 2009..The present study was designed to evaluate the relationship between acute (epi- and norepinephrine) and chronic stress hormones (dexamethasone, beta-endorphin, corticotropin releasing hormone) and endothelial dysfunction...
- Impact of coronary endothelial dysfunction on adverse long-term outcome after heart transplantationMarion Kübrich
Divisions of Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery, University Hospital Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Transplantation 85:1580-7. 2008..The present prospective study tested whether endothelial dysfunction independently predicts cardiovascular-related events and death after heart transplantation (HTx)...
- Dual mode of HMG-CoA reductase inhibition on dendritic cell invasionSieglinde Kofler
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik I, University Medical Center Munich Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Atherosclerosis 197:105-10. 2008..As DCs control immunity, regulating DC/endothelial cell interaction by statins may have relevance to inflammation and atherogenesis...
- Magnetic resonance imaging of myocardial injury and ventricular torsion after marathon runningHenner Hanssen
Department of Prevention and Sports Medicine, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Clin Sci (Lond) 120:143-52. 2011..The stress of marathon running seems to be better described as a burden of myocardial overstimulation rather than cardiac injury...
- Gender-based analysis of outcome after heart transplantationSandra Eifert
Department for Cardiac Surgery, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Exp Clin Transplant 10:368-74. 2012..Literature and registries reveal controversial results. We reviewed 1000 heart transplantations at our center focusing on the influence of gender differences on short- and long-term outcome after heart transplantation...
- Combination antifungal therapy for invasive pulmonary aspergillosis in a heart transplant recipientAndres Beiras-Fernandez
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, D 81377 Munich, Germany
Exp Clin Transplant 9:279-83. 2011..This case report highlights the importance of a high degree of clinical suspicion to allow curative treatment of invasive aspergillosis and the efficiency of new antifungal drugs...
- Tacrolimus with mycophenolate mofetil or sirolimus compared with calcineurin inhibitor-free immunosuppression (sirolimus/mycophenolate mofetil) after heart transplantation: 5-year resultsIngo Kaczmarek
Transplantation Center Munich, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
J Heart Lung Transplant 32:277-84. 2013..This randomized controlled trial was performed to evaluate the efficacy and safety of 3 immunosuppressive protocols...
- Role of cytokines in cardiovascular diseases: a focus on endothelial responses to inflammationSieglinde Kofler
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Munich Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, 81377 Munich, Germany
Clin Sci (Lond) 108:205-13. 2005..This review will focus on the vascular mechanisms orchestrated by cytokines and summarizes the current knowledge concerning the contribution of cytokines to cardiovascular diseases...
- Drugs modulating endothelial function after transplantationThomas Nickel
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik I, University Hospital Munich Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Germany
Transplantation 82:S41-6. 2006..We briefly review the evidence supporting their use as protection for endothelial cells in transplant recipients...
- Modified serum profiles of inflammatory and vasoconstrictive factors in patients with emotional stress-induced acute coronary syndrome during World Cup Soccer 2006Ute Wilbert-Lampen
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik I, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 55:637-42. 2010..We sought to assess whether emotional stress-induced acute coronary syndrome (ACS) is mediated by increased inflammatory and vasoconstrictive mediators...
- Cardiac Output Measurements in Septic Patients: Comparing the Accuracy of USCOM to PiCCOSophia Horster
Medical Department II, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, Campus Großhadern, Marchioninistrase 15, 81377 Munich, Germany
Crit Care Res Pract 2012:270631. 2012..USCOM does reliably represent CO values as compared to the reference technique based on thermodilution (PiCCO). It seems to be appropriate in situations where CO measurements are most pertinent to patient management...