- Influence of glycaemic control on platelet bound CD40-CD40L system, P-selectin and soluble CD40 ligand in Type 2 diabetesH Neubauer
Medical Clinic II, St Josef Hospital, Ruhr University Bochum, Bochum, Germany
Diabet Med 27:384-90. 2010..The purpose of this study was to investigate whether platelet-bound CD40-CD40L signalling, P-selectin expression and soluble CD40L were increased in patients with diabetes mellitus and can be normalized by improving glycaemic control...
- How to optimise clopidogrel therapy? Reducing the low-response incidence by aggregometry-guided therapy modificationHorst Neubauer
Clinic of Cardiology and Angiology, St Josef Hospital BG Kliniken Bergmannsheil, University Hospitals, Ruhr University Bochum, Gudrunstrasse 56, 44791 Bochum, Germany
Thromb Haemost 99:357-62. 2008..6% to 5.0%. Our aggregometer-guided therapeutic algorithm reduced the relative percentage of clopidogrel LR by 78.9%. This approach could prove to be helpful in achieving a further decrease in the incidence of clopidogrel resistance...
- Comparing the antiplatelet effect of clopidogrel hydrogensulfate and clopidogrel besylate: a crossover studyHorst Neubauer
Cardiovascular Center, St Josef Hospital, Ruhr University Bochum, Gudrunstrasse 56, 44791, Bochum, Germany
Clin Res Cardiol 98:533-40. 2009....
- Upregulation of platelet CD40, CD40 ligand (CD40L) and P-Selectin expression in cigarette smokers: a flow cytometry studyHorst Neubauer
Cardiovascular Center, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 20:694-8. 2009..These findings emphasize that cigarette smoking leads to a proinflammatory and prothrombotic state thus contributing to accelerated atherosclerosis...
- Pantoprazole does not influence the antiplatelet effect of clopidogrel-a whole blood aggregometry study after coronary stentingHorst Neubauer
Ruhr University Bochum, Cardiovascular Center, St Josef Hospital, Bochum, Germany
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 56:91-7. 2010..Therefore, the use of pantoprazole seems preferable in patients treated with clopidogrel when a concomitant medication with a PPI is indicated...
- Tailored antiplatelet therapy can overcome clopidogrel and aspirin resistance--the BOchum CLopidogrel and Aspirin Plan (BOCLA-Plan) to improve antiplatelet therapyHorst Neubauer
Cardiovascular Center, Ruhr University Bochum, St, Josef Hospital, Gudrunstr, 56, D 44791 Bochum, Germany
BMC Med 9:3. 2011..The aim of this single-center prospective study was to reduce the low response incidence of dual antiplatelet therapy with ASA and clopidogrel according to a prespecified therapy algorithm...
- Which is the best anticoagulant for whole blood aggregometry platelet function testing? Comparison of six anticoagulants and diverse storage conditionsAndreas Friedrich Christoph Kaiser
Cardiovascular Center, Ruhr University Bochum, St Josef Hospital, Gudrunstraße 56, Bochum, Germany
Platelets 23:359-67. 2012..In conclusion, sodium heparin and 45 µg/mL r-hirudin as anticoagulants guarantee the longest storage time for impedance aggregometry...
- Dose-dependent effect of early antiplatelet therapy in acute ischaemic strokeSaskia H Meves
Department of Neurology, St Josef Hospital, Ruhr University Bochum, Gudrunstrasse 56, D 44791 Bochum, Germany
Thromb Haemost 107:69-79. 2012..Our findings suggest using a loading dose of 500 mg ASA intravenously as this seems to be favourable when a sufficient early platelet inhibitory effect is wanted...
- The CYP2J2 G-50T polymorphism and myocardial infarction in patients with cardiovascular risk profileJan Borgel
Department of Cardiology, St, Josef Hospital Bergmannsheil, Ruhr University, Bochum, Germany
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 8:41. 2008..In the present study, we investigated the influence of this polymorphism on survived myocardial infarction in two study groups of patients with on average high cardiovascular risk profile...
- Lipophilic statins interfere with the inhibitory effects of clopidogrel on platelet function--a flow cytometry studyHorst Neubauer
Clinic of Cardiology and Angiology, Ruhr-University, Bochum, Germany
Eur Heart J 24:1744-9. 2003..It may be reasonable to test the therapeutic efficacy of clopidogrel in those patients who require long-term treatment...
- BAPA, a synthetic dual inhibitor of Factor Xa and Thrombin, extends the storage-time to a maximum of 12 hours in ADP- and 24 hours in arachidonic acid-induced impedance aggregometryAndreas F C Kaiser
Cardiovascular Center, St Josef Hospital, Ruhr University, Bochum, Germany
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 71:253-6. 2011..Further studies including blood samples of patients and the comparison of BAPA to other anticoagulants are necessary to define the potential role of BAPA anticoagulated samples...
- Unrecognized secondary causes of hypertension in patients with hypertensive urgency/emergency: prevalence and co-prevalenceJan Borgel
Department of Cardiology and Angiology, University Clinic St Josef Hospital, Heart Center, University of Bochum, Germany
Clin Res Cardiol 99:499-506. 2010..Hypertensive urgency/emergency occurs frequently, yet no prospective data on common secondary causes, including sleep apnea (SA), renal artery stenosis (RAS), and hyperaldosteronism, are available...
- Ventricular tachycardia during basilar-type migraine attackKalliopi Pitarokoili
Department of Neurology, Ruhr University, St Josef Hospital, Bochum, Germany
Ther Adv Neurol Disord 6:35-40. 2013..The therapeutic implications of such a co-occurrence as well as a possible relationship between ventricular tachycardia and the underlying biology of basilar-type migraine are discussed...
- Is there an ideal way to initiate antiplatelet therapy with aspirin? A crossover study on healthy volunteers evaluating different dosing schemes with whole blood aggregometrySaskia H Meves
Ruhr University Bochum, Department of Neurology, St, Josef Hospital, Gudrunstrasse 56, D 44791 Bochum, Germany
BMC Res Notes 4:106. 2011..This study evaluated the platelet inhibitory effect in healthy volunteers by using three different aspirin loading doses to gain a model for initiating antiplatelet treatment in acute strokes patients...