- Newly diagnosed depression is associated with increased beta-thromboglobulin levels and increased expression of platelet activation markers and platelet derived CD40-CD40LHorst Neubauer
Cardiovascular Center, St Josef Hospital, Ruhr University Bochum, Gudrunstrasse 56, D 44791 Bochum, Germany
J Psychiatr Res 47:865-71. 2013..The present study was designed to evaluate the extent of platelet activation and platelet-derived markers of atherosclerotic disease in patients with newly diagnosed depression...
- Pantoprazole does not influence the antiplatelet effect of clopidogrel-a whole blood aggregometry study after coronary stentingHorst Neubauer
Ruhr University Bochum, Cardiovascular Center, St Josef Hospital, Bochum, Germany
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 56:91-7. 2010..Therefore, the use of pantoprazole seems preferable in patients treated with clopidogrel when a concomitant medication with a PPI is indicated...
- How to optimise clopidogrel therapy? Reducing the low-response incidence by aggregometry-guided therapy modificationHorst Neubauer
Clinic of Cardiology and Angiology, St Josef Hospital BG Kliniken Bergmannsheil, University Hospitals, Ruhr University Bochum, Gudrunstrasse 56, 44791 Bochum, Germany
Thromb Haemost 99:357-62. 2008..6% to 5.0%. Our aggregometer-guided therapeutic algorithm reduced the relative percentage of clopidogrel LR by 78.9%. This approach could prove to be helpful in achieving a further decrease in the incidence of clopidogrel resistance...
- Comparing the antiplatelet effect of clopidogrel hydrogensulfate and clopidogrel besylate: a crossover studyHorst Neubauer
Cardiovascular Center, St Josef Hospital, Ruhr University Bochum, Gudrunstrasse 56, 44791, Bochum, Germany
Clin Res Cardiol 98:533-40. 2009....
- Upregulation of platelet CD40, CD40 ligand (CD40L) and P-Selectin expression in cigarette smokers: a flow cytometry studyHorst Neubauer
Cardiovascular Center, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 20:694-8. 2009..These findings emphasize that cigarette smoking leads to a proinflammatory and prothrombotic state thus contributing to accelerated atherosclerosis...
- Influence of glycaemic control on platelet bound CD40-CD40L system, P-selectin and soluble CD40 ligand in Type 2 diabetesH Neubauer
Medical Clinic II, St Josef Hospital, Ruhr University Bochum, Bochum, Germany
Diabet Med 27:384-90. 2010..The purpose of this study was to investigate whether platelet-bound CD40-CD40L signalling, P-selectin expression and soluble CD40L were increased in patients with diabetes mellitus and can be normalized by improving glycaemic control...
- Tailored antiplatelet therapy can overcome clopidogrel and aspirin resistance--the BOchum CLopidogrel and Aspirin Plan (BOCLA-Plan) to improve antiplatelet therapyHorst Neubauer
Cardiovascular Center, Ruhr University Bochum, St, Josef Hospital, Gudrunstr, 56, D 44791 Bochum, Germany
BMC Med 9:3. 2011..The aim of this single-center prospective study was to reduce the low response incidence of dual antiplatelet therapy with ASA and clopidogrel according to a prespecified therapy algorithm...
- New pathways of increased cardiovascular risk in depression: a pilot study on the association of high-sensitivity C-reactive protein with pro-atherosclerotic markers in patients with depressionDaniela Zahn
Dept of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, Ruhr University Bochum, LWL University Hospital Bochum, Ruhr University Bochum, Bochum, Germany
J Affect Disord 146:420-5. 2013..The present study aimed at comparing hs-CRP and its relationship with atherogenic platelet markers in patients with type 2 diabetes (TD2) and/or newly diagnosed major depression (MD)...
- Cytochrome P450 2B6 and 2C9 genotype polymorphism--a possible cause of prasugrel low responsivenessCora C Franken
Cardiovascular Center, St Josef Hospital, Gudrunstrasse 56, D 44791 Bochum, Germany
Thromb Haemost 110:131-40. 2013..Also, there is a trend to an increased frequency of CYP2B6*6 in PLR. In conclusion, CYP2B6 and CYP2C9 polymorphisms seem to be associated with prasugrel low-response. ..
- Lipophilic statins interfere with the inhibitory effects of clopidogrel on platelet function--a flow cytometry studyHorst Neubauer
Clinic of Cardiology and Angiology, Ruhr University, Bochum, Germany
Eur Heart J 24:1744-9. 2003..Since certain lipophilic statins (i.e. simvastatin, atorvastatin, lovastatin) are a substrate of CYP3A4, we were interested in potential drug interactions between clopidogrel and statins...
- Which is the best anticoagulant for whole blood aggregometry platelet function testing? Comparison of six anticoagulants and diverse storage conditionsAndreas Friedrich Christoph Kaiser
Cardiovascular Center, Ruhr University Bochum, St Josef Hospital, Gudrunstraße 56, Bochum, Germany
Platelets 23:359-67. 2012..In conclusion, sodium heparin and 45 µg/mL r-hirudin as anticoagulants guarantee the longest storage time for impedance aggregometry...
- Dose-dependent effect of early antiplatelet therapy in acute ischaemic strokeSaskia H Meves
Department of Neurology, St Josef Hospital, Ruhr University Bochum, Gudrunstrasse 56, D 44791 Bochum, Germany
Thromb Haemost 107:69-79. 2012..Our findings suggest using a loading dose of 500 mg ASA intravenously as this seems to be favourable when a sufficient early platelet inhibitory effect is wanted...
- Cortisol, platelet serotonin content, and platelet activity in patients with major depression and type 2 diabetes: an exploratory investigationDaniela Zahn
From the Department of Health Psychology Zahn, Institute of Psychology, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Germany Departments of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy Petrak, Hägele, Herpertz and Psychiatry, Psychotherapy, and Preventive Medicine Juckel, Norra, UHL, LWL University Hospital Bochum, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy Franke, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Germany Central Institute of Mental Health Lederbogen, Medical Faculty, University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany and Cardiovascular Centre Neubauer, St Josef Hospital, Ruhr University Bochum, Bochum, Germany
Psychosom Med 77:145-55. 2015....
- The CYP2J2 G-50T polymorphism and myocardial infarction in patients with cardiovascular risk profileJan Borgel
Department of Cardiology, St, Josef Hospital Bergmannsheil, Ruhr University, Bochum, Germany
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 8:41. 2008..In the present study, we investigated the influence of this polymorphism on survived myocardial infarction in two study groups of patients with on average high cardiovascular risk profile...
- Clopidogrel high-on-treatment platelet reactivity in acute ischemic stroke patientsSaskia H Meves
Department of Neurology, St Josef Hospital, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany Electronic address
Thromb Res 133:396-401. 2014..We investigated the prevalence and risk factors for clopidogrel high-on-treatment platelet reactivity (clopidogrel-HTPR) in acute ischemic stroke patients...
- BAPA, a synthetic dual inhibitor of Factor Xa and Thrombin, extends the storage-time to a maximum of 12 hours in ADP- and 24 hours in arachidonic acid-induced impedance aggregometryAndreas F C Kaiser
Cardiovascular Center, St Josef Hospital, Ruhr University, Bochum, Germany
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 71:253-6. 2011..Further studies including blood samples of patients and the comparison of BAPA to other anticoagulants are necessary to define the potential role of BAPA anticoagulated samples...
- Effectiveness of antiplatelet therapy in atherosclerotic disease: comparing the ASA low-response prevalence in CVD, CAD and PADSaskia H Meves
Department of Neurology, St Josef Hospital, Ruhr University Bochum, Gudrunstraße 56, 44791, Bochum, Germany
J Thromb Thrombolysis 37:190-201. 2014..Our findings may explain, at least in part, the high rates of cardiovascular events observed in the course of atherothrombotic disease and support the need to improve antiplatelet therapy. ..
- Unrecognized secondary causes of hypertension in patients with hypertensive urgency/emergency: prevalence and co-prevalenceJan Borgel
Department of Cardiology and Angiology, University Clinic St Josef Hospital, Heart Center, University of Bochum, Germany
Clin Res Cardiol 99:499-506. 2010..Hypertensive urgency/emergency occurs frequently, yet no prospective data on common secondary causes, including sleep apnea (SA), renal artery stenosis (RAS), and hyperaldosteronism, are available...
- Safety and effectiveness of a novel vascular closure device: a prospective study of the ExoSeal compared to the Angio-Seal and ProGlideKaffer Kara
1 Cardiovascular Center, St Josef Hospital, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
J Endovasc Ther 21:822-8. 2014....
- Ventricular tachycardia during basilar-type migraine attackKalliopi Pitarokoili
Department of Neurology, Ruhr University, St Josef Hospital, Bochum, Germany
Ther Adv Neurol Disord 6:35-40. 2013..The therapeutic implications of such a co-occurrence as well as a possible relationship between ventricular tachycardia and the underlying biology of basilar-type migraine are discussed...
- Is there an ideal way to initiate antiplatelet therapy with aspirin? A crossover study on healthy volunteers evaluating different dosing schemes with whole blood aggregometrySaskia H Meves
Ruhr University Bochum, Department of Neurology, St, Josef Hospital, Gudrunstrasse 56, D 44791 Bochum, Germany
BMC Res Notes 4:106. 2011..This study evaluated the platelet inhibitory effect in healthy volunteers by using three different aspirin loading doses to gain a model for initiating antiplatelet treatment in acute strokes patients...