- Bipolar disorderBruno Muller-Oerlinghausen
Department of Psychiatry, Research Group of Clinical Psychopharmacology, Freie Universitat Berlin, Berlin
Lancet 359:241-7. 2002..They also possess well documented antisuicidal effects. Second choice prophylactic treatments are carbamazepine and valproate, although evidence of their effectiveness is weaker...
- [The efficacy of Slow Stroke Massage in depression]Bruno Muller-Oerlinghausen
Brain Center Berlin
Psychiatr Prax 34:S305-8. 2007..They were also more marked in patients as compared to healthy subjects. CONCLUSION: Slow Stroke Massage can be used effectively and safely as a complimentary therapeutic strategy in depressed patients...
- [Pharmacological suicide prevention under special consideration of lithium salts]Bruno Muller-Oerlinghausen
Brain Center Berlin
Psychiatr Prax 34:S292-5. 2007..This minireview summarizes the existing evidence from large, international observational studies and RCTs on the suicide preventive effects of lithium as compared to other mood stabilizers and antidepressants...
- The impact of lithium long-term medication on suicidal behavior and mortality of bipolar patientsBruno Muller-Oerlinghausen
Former Research Group Clinical Psychopharmacology, Freie Universitat Berlin, Germany
Arch Suicide Res 9:307-19. 2005..The evidence that lithium can effectively reduce suicide risk has been integrated into modern algorithms in order to select the optimal maintenance therapy for an individual patient...
- Prophylaxis of schizoaffective disorder with lithium or carbamazepine: outcome after long-term follow-upChristopher Baethge
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Universitatsklinikum Benjamin Franklin, Freie Universitat Berlin, Eschenallee 3, 14050 Berlin, Germany
J Affect Disord 79:43-50. 2004....
- The antisuicidal and mortality-reducing effect of lithium prophylaxis: consequences for guidelines in clinical psychiatryBruno Muller-Oerlinghausen
Freie Universitat, German Medical Association, Cologne Berlin, Germany
Can J Psychiatry 48:433-9. 2003..06% of the population). Rational treatment strategies most likely would demand that prescription rates be about 10 times higher...
- [Pharmacologic management of atrial fibrillation by specialists in internal medicine, cardiologists, and general practitioners (GPs) in Berlin]Bruno Muller-Oerlinghausen
Med Klin (Munich) 98:359-63. 2003..Aim of the present study was to investigate in which way general practitioners (GPs) as well as specialists in internal medicine and cardiologists in private practice are managing treatment of AF in the German capital...
- [Improving drug safety in Germany: an alliance between the government and the medical profession]Bruno Muller-Oerlinghausen
Robert Rössle Klinik im HELIOS Klinikum Berlin Buch, Klinik für Hämatologie, Onkologie u Tumorimmunologie, Charite, Campus Berlin Buch
Z Evid Fortbild Qual Gesundhwes 102:582-6; discussion 593, 606-8. 2008..This project was issued in November 2007 by the Federal Ministry of Health. The Drug Commission will be responsible for the co-ordination of any future actions...
- Effects of supraphysiological thyroxine administration in healthy controls and patients with depressive disordersMichael Bauer
Department of Psychiatry, Klinikum Benjamin Franklin, Freie Universitat Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Affect Disord 68:285-94. 2002..Unexpectedly, only minimal side effects have been reported. The goal of the present study was to investigate whether healthy controls and depressed patients differ in their ability to tolerate supraphysiological doses of T(4)...
- Suicidality, impulsivity and aggression--is there a link to 5HIAA concentration in the cerebrospinal fluid?Jens Roggenbach
Former Research Group Clinical Psychopharmacology, Freie Universitat Berlin, 14050, Berlin, Germany
Psychiatry Res 113:193-206. 2002..More carefully designed studies are required to overcome the existing methodological shortcomings...