- Treatment of Lyme borreliosisHermann J Girschick
Paediatric Rheumatology, Immunology, Osteology and Infectious Diseases, Children s Hospital, University of Wuerzburg, Josef Schneider Str, 2, 97080 Wuerzburg, Germany
Arthritis Res Ther 11:258. 2009..If the infection is manifest, then treatment strategies should target not only the pathogen by using antibiotics but also the chronic inflammation by using anti-inflammatory drugs...
- Chronic nonbacterial osteomyelitis in childhood: prospective follow-up during the first year of anti-inflammatory treatmentChristine Beck
Children s Hospital, Section of Paediatric Rheumatology, Osteology, Immunology and Infectious Diseases, University of Wurzburg, Josef Schneider Strasse 2, 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R74. 2010..Prospectively followed cohorts using a standardized protocol in diagnosis and treatment have rarely been reported...
- Do B cells play a role in the pathogenesis of juvenile idiopathic arthritis?H Morbach
Pediatric Rheumatology, Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Children s Hospital, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Autoimmunity 42:373-5. 2009..We discuss whether BC play a role in the pathogenesis of JIA appraising the question for an immunological basis of BC directed therapy...
- Tumor necrosis factor receptor 1-associated periodic syndrome without fever: cytokine profile before and during etanercept treatmentH Morbach
Section of pediatric rheumatology and osteology, Children s Hospital, University of Wurzburg, Josef Schneider Str 2, 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Rheumatol Int 30:207-12. 2009..Hereditary fever syndromes have to be considered in case of chronic unexplained inflammation even if fever is no presenting symptom...
- How can calcium pyrophosphate crystals induce inflammation in hypophosphatasia or chronic inflammatory joint diseases?C Beck
Children s Hospital, Section of Pediatric Rheumatology, Immunology and Infectious Diseases, University of Wurzburg, Josef Schneider Str 2, 97090, Wurzburg, Germany
Rheumatol Int 29:229-38. 2009..They might support the development of new therapeutic strategies for crystal-induced inflammation. Eventually, patients with HP might as well profit from such strategies addressing these metabolic disorders secondary to the gene defect...
- Whole-body MRI in the childhood form of hypophosphatasiaC Beck
Section of Pediatric Rheumatology, Osteology, Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Children s Hospital, University of Wurzburg, Josef Schneider Strasse 2, 97080, Wurzburg, Germany
Rheumatol Int 31:1315-20. 2011..Differential diagnosis includes an inflammatory process being active in these locations...
- Crohn's disease during etanercept therapy in juvenile idiopathic arthritis: a case report and review of the literatureV Wiegering
Pediatric Rheumatology, Immunology, Gastroenterology and Infectious Diseases, Children s Hospital, University of Wurzburg, Josef Schneider Str 2, 97080, Wurzburg, Germany
Rheumatol Int 30:801-4. 2010..This case indicates that immunodysregulatory and even proinflammatory effects of etanercept are of relevance in the clinical practice. Furthermore, TNFalpha as a part of its function seems to downregulate mucosal inflammation in CD...
- Reference values for B cell subpopulations from infancy to adulthoodH Morbach
Department of Pediatrics, University of Wurzburg, Germany
Clin Exp Immunol 162:271-9. 2010....
- Differential expression patterns of recombination-activating genes in individual mature B cells in juvenile idiopathic arthritisC Faber
Section of Paediatric Rheumatology and Osteology, Children's Hospital, , Josef Schneider Str 2, , Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 65:1351-6. 2006..Thus, it was hypothesised that impaired receptor revision contributes to autoimmune pathogenesis in JIA...
- B-cell pathology in juvenile idiopathic arthritisV Wiegering
Pediatric Hematology, Oncology and Neurooncology, Pediatric Stem Cell Transplantation Program, Children s Hospital, University of Wurzburg, Josef Schneider Str 2, 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Arthritis 2010:759868. 2010..In this review we will discuss the importance of B-cells in the pathogenesis of JIA appraising the question for an immunological basis of B-cell targeted therapy in JIA...
- [Hypophosphatasia]C Beck
Bereiche Immunologie, Infektiologie, Hämostasiologie, Rheumatologie, Osteologie und Gastroenterologie, Kinderklinik und Poliklinik des Universitätsklinikums, Julius Maximilians Universitat Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Klin Padiatr 221:219-26. 2009..At the moment symptomatic support and treatment is most important because a causative therapy, e. g. enzyme replacement therapy, is not yet available...