- Functional results after cholesteatoma surgery in an adult population using the retrograde mastoidectomy techniqueAmir Minovi
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Ruhr University Bochum, St Elisabeth Hospital, Bleichstr 15, 44787, Bochum, Germany
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 271:495-501. 2014..6 versus 22.5 dB, p < 0.05). The retrograde mastoidectomy technique for cholesteatoma removal resulted in satisfying hearing results in the majority of the cases, with a recurrence rate comparable to the current literature...
- [Current concepts in the surgical management of otosclerosis]A Minovi
Universitätsklinik für Hals, Nasen, Ohrenheilkunde, Kopf und Halschirurgie, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, St Elisabeth Hospital, Bochum, Deutschland
HNO 57:273-86. 2009..The aim of this article is to present the current scientific concept, diagnostics and therapy of otosclerosis with an emphasis on surgical treatment options...
- [Quality of life in long-term survivors after laryngectomy]A Minovi
Universitätsklinik für Hals Nasen Ohrenheilkunde, Kopf und Halschirurgie, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, St Elisabeth Hospital, Bochum, Germany
Laryngorhinootologie 88:18-22. 2009..This study was designed to assess the postoperative quality of life (QoL) of 30 patients successfully treated with a laryngectomy...
- Expression and distribution of the intermediate filament protein nestin and other stem cell related molecules in the human olfactory epitheliumAmir Minovi
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Ruhr University Bochum, St Elisabeth Hospital, Bochum, Germany
Histol Histopathol 25:177-87. 2010..These observations emphasize an essential role of nestin for the process of regeneration, and also highlight this factor as a candidate marker for sustentacular cells in the human olfactory epithelium...
- Influence of bone morphogenetic protein-2 on spiral ganglion neurite growth in vitroStefan Volkenstein
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, St Elisabeth Hospital Bochum, Ruhr University of Bochum, Bleichstr 15, 44787, Bochum, Germany
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 266:1381-9. 2009..In contrast, rhBMP-2 can be attached to metal surfaces without loss of activity. Our findings suggest in vivo studies and a future clinical application of rhBMP-2 in cochlear implant technology to improve the tissue/electrode interface...
- [The relevance of anatomical courses in ENT-education]A Gurr
HNO Universitätsklinik der Ruhr Universität Bochum
Laryngorhinootologie 88:789-92. 2009..Dissection-courses have become an important element in ENT-education. They are offered covering different subjects. Until now no study exists that verifies the acceptance and efficiency of those courses...
- Long-term quality of life evaluation after laser microsurgery with or without adjuvant radiotherapy for laryngeal carcinomaAmir Minovi
Department of Otolaryngology, Ruhr University Bochum, St Elisabeth Hospital, Bochum, Germany
Kulak Burun Bogaz Ihtis Derg 18:362-6. 2008..We evaluated long-term quality of life of patients successfully treated with either laser-assisted microsurgery alone or combined with adjuvant radiotherapy for laryngeal carcinoma...
- Astringency is a trigeminal sensation that involves the activation of g protein-coupled signaling by phenolic compoundsNicole Schöbel
Department of Cell Physiology, Ruhr University Bochum, Universitatsstr 150, D 44780 Bochum, Germany, Leibniz Research Centre for Working Environment and Human Factors IfADo, Ardeystr 67, D 44139 Dortmund, Germany
Chem Senses 39:471-87. 2014....
- Protein isolation from ear wax made easyMatthias Schwaab
Clinic for Ear Nose and Throat Disease, Head and Neck Surgery, Ruhr University Bochum, Bochum, Germany
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 266:1699-702. 2009..Furthermore, it is a fast and easy method to extract proteins from ear wax. The benefit of the described method and the field of application will be discussed...
- Predictors of the outcome of nasal surgery in terms of olfactory functionA Minovi
Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, St Elisabeth Hospital, University of Bochum, Bochum, Germany
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 265:57-61. 2008..Future work is needed to identify further predictors of postoperative outcome in terms of olfactory function...
- Lower lip reconstruction with the tongue flap: surgical technique and long-term resultsA Minovi
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head, Neck and Facial Plastic Surgery, Klinikum Fulda gAG, Teaching Hospital of the Philipps University Marburg, Fulda, Germany
B-ENT 3:73-8. 2007..To demonstrate the functional long-term results after reconstruction of the lower lip with the tongue flap...