- Diagnosis and prognosis of early rheumatoid arthritis, with special emphasis on laboratory analysisRudolf Mierau
Rheumaklinik Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Clin Chem Lab Med 44:138-43. 2006..These laboratory parameters are also relevant for prognosis of disease persistence, functional impairment and radiological progression...
- Frequency of disease-associated and other nuclear autoantibodies in patients of the German Network for Systemic Scleroderma: correlation with characteristic clinical featuresRudolf Mierau
Laboratory at Rheumaklinik Aachen, Hauptstrasse 21, Aachen, D 52066, Germany
Arthritis Res Ther 13:R172. 2011..In the present study, we analysed in detail nuclear autoantibodies and their associations in systemic sclerosis (SSc) patients included in the German Network for Systemic Scleroderma Registry...
- [Scleroderma associated autoantibodies - clinical and diagnostic relevance]R Mierau
Labor an der Rheumaklinik Aachen, Burtscheider Markt 24, 52066, Aachen, Germany
Z Rheumatol 65:279-84. 2006..Some, however, are thought to be relevant to the as yet unanswered question of whether autoantibodies are directly involved in SSc pathogenesis...
- [Laboratory diagnostics for systemic sclerosis]R Mierau
Labor an der Rheumaklinik Aachen, Burtscheider Markt 24, 52066 Aachen
Z Rheumatol 66:206, 208-11. 2007..Numerous additional laboratory parameters are of value for investigating pathogenesis, but have not yet been generally introduced into the routine diagnostics of systemic sclerosis...
- Coexistence of antitopoisomerase I and anticentromere antibodies in patients with systemic sclerosisT Dick
Rheumaklinik u Rheumaforschungsinstitut, Aachen, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 61:121-7. 2002..Antibodies targeting DNA topoisomerase I (ATA) or centromere proteins (ACA) are associated with clinical subsets of patients with systemic sclerosis (SSc). The occurrence of those autoantibodies is considered to be mutually exclusive...
- Autoantibodies directed to novel components of the PM/Scl complex, the human exosomeRick Brouwer
Department of Biochemistry, University of Nijmegen, NL 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Arthritis Res 4:134-8. 2002..These results further support the conception that the autoimmune response may initially be directed to PM/Scl-100, whereas intermolecular epitope spreading may have caused the autoantibody response directed to the associated components...
- Development of a CENP-A/CENP-B-specific immune response in a patient with systemic sclerosisMichael Mahler
Institute of Molecular Genetics, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Arthritis Rheum 46:1866-72. 2002..Whether the D-penicillamine treatment received by this patient was involved in the triggering of this cascade remains a matter of speculation...
- Clinical diagnosis compared to classification criteria in in a cohort of 54 patients with systemic sclerosis and associated disordersHans Rudolf Ziswiler
Department of Rheumatology, Clinical Immunology and Allergology, University Hospital, Bern, Switzerland
Swiss Med Wkly 137:586-90. 2007..To compare clinical diagnosis with two validated classification criteria for systemic sclerosis (SSc) in a cohort of Swiss patients with SSc and associated disorders...