C G Parsons
Affiliation: Merz Pharmaceuticals
- NMDA receptors as targets for drug action in neuropathic painC G Parsons
Department of Preclinical Research and Development, Merz and Co GmbH, Eckenheimer Landstrasse 100 104, D 60318 Frankfurt, Germany
Eur J Pharmacol 429:71-8. 2001..Such agents might be predicted to be devoid of CNS side effects at doses producing powerful antinociception at peripheral NMDA receptors...
- Budipine is a low affinity, N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor antagonist: patch clamp studies in cultured striatal, hippocampal, cortical and superior colliculus neuronesC G Parsons
Department of Pharmacology, Merz and Co, Frankfurt, Germany
Neuropharmacology 37:719-27. 1998..The relevance of NMDA receptor antagonism to the anti-Parkinsonian effects of budipine remains to be established...
- Amino-alkyl-cyclohexanes are novel uncompetitive NMDA receptor antagonists with strong voltage-dependency and fast blocking kinetics: in vitro and in vivo characterizationC G Parsons
Department of Pharmacology, Merz Co, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Neuropharmacology 38:85-108. 1999....
- Memantine is a clinically well tolerated N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor antagonist--a review of preclinical dataC G Parsons
Department of Pharmacological Research, Merz and Co, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Neuropharmacology 38:735-67. 1999....
- A novel class of amino-alkylcyclohexanes as uncompetitive, fast, voltage-dependent, N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor antagonists--in vitro characterizationK Gilling
Preclinical Research and Development, Merz Pharmaceuticals GmbH, Frankfurt, Germany
J Neural Transm 114:1529-37. 2007..In view of their relatively low affinity and associated rapid kinetics, they should prove to be useful therapeutics in a wide range of CNS disorders...
- Amino-alkyl-cyclohexanes as a novel class of uncompetitive NMDA receptor antagonistsW Danysz
Merz Co, Eckenheimer Landstrasse 100 104, Frankfurt, 60318, Germany
Curr Pharm Des 8:835-43. 2002..and pain (chronic pain, inhibition of tolerance to the analgesic effects of morphine). It turn, this agent has recently entered phase II of clinical trials in alcoholism after a favourable profile seen in phase I studies...
- Uncompetitive NMDA receptor antagonists attenuate NMDA-induced impairment of passive avoidance learning and LTPW Zajaczkowski
Department of Pharmacology, Merz and Co, Frankfurt M, Germany
Neuropharmacology 36:961-71. 1997..Thus, under conditions of tonic activation of NMDA receptors, uncompetitive NMDA receptor antagonists can paradoxically reverse deficits in learning and synaptic plasticity...
- Agonist concentration dependency of blocking kinetics but not equilibrium block of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors by memantineK E Gilling
In Vitro Pharmacology, Merz Pharmaceuticals GmbH, Eckenheimer, Landstrasse 100, 60318 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Neuropharmacology 53:415-20. 2007..These fast agonist concentration-dependent kinetic properties, in addition to the clear voltage-dependence of memantine, are proposed to be important for the therapeutic tolerability of this compound in the treatment of AD...
- The in vivo relevance of the varied channel-blocking properties of uncompetitive NMDA antagonists: tests on spinal neuronesM W Jones
Department of Physiology, School of Medical Sciences, University Walk, Bristol BS8 1TD, UK
Neuropharmacology 41:50-61. 2001....
- The fraction of activated N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors during synaptic transmission remains constant in the presence of the glutamate release inhibitor riluzoleG Rammes
Clinical Neuropharmacology, Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Kraepelinstrasse 2, 80804, Munich, Germany
J Neural Transm 115:1119-26. 2008..It is therefore likely that NMDA receptor antagonists would be able to exert additional therapeutic effects in combination therapy with GRIs...