- Plasticity of the human auditory cortex induced by discrimination learning of non-native, mora-timed contrasts of the Japanese language
Center for Biomagnetism, Institute of Experimental Audiology, Munster, Germany
Learn Mem 9:253-67. 2002
..The enhanced behavioral and neurophysiological sensitivity found after training indicates a strong relationship between learning and (plastic) changes in the cortical substrate...
- Spatial auditory attention is modulated by tactile priming
MEG Center, Center for Neurology, University of Tubingen, Otfried Müller Str 47, 72076, Tubingen, Germany
Exp Brain Res 164:41-7. 2005
..These results show that earlier responses are mainly governed by exogenous stimulus properties whereas cross-sensory interaction is spatially selective at a later (endogenous) processing stage...
- Pre-attentive detection of syntactic and semantic errors
Psycholinguistics and Cognitive Psychology Unit, Psychological Institute II, University of Munster, Germany
Neuroreport 16:77-80. 2005
..The semantic error elicited higher mismatch responses than the syntactic error. This error-sensitive component is interpreted as a very early detector for semantic and syntactic errors...
- MEG responses to rippled noise and Huggins pitch reveal similar cortical representations
Department of General Neurology, Hertie Institute for Clinical Brain Research, University of Tubingen, Hoppe Seyler Str 3, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Neuroreport 16:193-6. 2005
..These results suggest, first, that different pitches converge into a common cortical representation and, second, that the POR encompasses various successive processing stages...
- Dresden PTSD treatment study: randomized controlled trial of motor vehicle accident survivors
University of Zurich, Department of Psychopathology and Clinical Intervention, Switzerland
BMC Psychiatry 6:29. 2006
..The current study was conducted in order to test the efficacy of the modified manual by administering randomized controlled trial in which a CBT was compared to a wait-list control condition...
- Sequential audiovisual interactions during speech perception: a whole-head MEG study
Department of General Neurology, Hertie Institute for Clinical Brain Research, University of Tubingen, Germany
Neuropsychologia 45:1342-54. 2007
- Who is telling what from where? A functional magnetic resonance imaging study
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
Neuroreport 18:405-9. 2007
..Furthermore, the findings indicate that voice recognition may depend upon template matching within auditory association cortex whereas the sequencing of phonetic-linguistic information extends to frontal areas...
- Reduced mismatch negativity in posttraumatic stress disorder: a compensatory mechanism for chronic hyperarousal?
Department of Psychology, University Zurich, Switzerland, Binzmühlestr 14 17, 8050 Zurich, Switzerland
Int J Psychophysiol 68:27-34. 2008
..This protective inhibition is thought to be a fine-tuning process in PTSD in order to prevent arousal overload...