- [Value of mistletoe lectin standardized mistletoe extract for evaluating antitumor properties]U Mengs
Forschung und Entwicklung, Madaus AG, Koln, Deutschland
Wien Med Wochenschr 149:262-4. 1999..The quality of this preparation has also been shown in several animal models to demonstrate antitumoral potencies...
- Antitumoral effects of an intravesically applied aqueous mistletoe extract on urinary bladder carcinoma MB49 in miceU Mengs
Madaus AG, Ostmerheimer Strasse 198, D 51109 Köln, Germany
Anticancer Res 20:3565-8. 2000....
- No induction of chromosomal aberrations in Chinese hamster ovary cells by chrysophanolU Mengs
Madaus AG, Ostmerheimer Strasse 198, D 51109, Cologne, Germany
Mutat Res 492:69-72. 2001..We conclude that chrysophanol had no clastogenic activity under the conditions described...
- A 13-week oral toxicity study of senna in the rat with an 8-week recovery periodU Mengs
Madaus AG, 51101, Cologne, Germany
Arch Toxicol 78:269-75. 2004..Thus, the biochemical and morphological changes seen following 13 weeks of treatment of senna significantly reversed following 8 weeks of recovery...
- Mistletoe extracts standardized to mistletoe lectins in oncology: review on current status of preclinical researchU Mengs
Madaus AG, Koln, Germany
Anticancer Res 22:1399-407. 2002..The objective of this review is to present the current state of preclinical research on standardized mistletoe extracts which hence may be included in the category of rationalphytotherapy...
- No clastogenic activity of a senna extract in the mouse micronucleus assayU Mengs
Madaus, Ostmerheimer Strasse 198, D 51109, Cologne, Germany
Mutat Res 444:421-6. 1999..Together with further negative in vivo genotoxicity studies with anthranoids, the conclusion can be drawn that there is no indication so far demonstrating a genotoxic risk for patients taking senna laxatives...
- Light and electron-microscopic changes in the colon of the guinea pig after treatment with anthranoid and non-anthranoid laxativesU Mengs
Madaus AG, Koln, FRG
Pharmacology 47:172-7. 1993....
- An oral carcinogenicity and toxicity study of senna (Tinnevelly senna fruits) in the ratJ M Mitchell
Purdue Pharma, Ardsley, NY, USA
Arch Toxicol 80:34-44. 2006..Based upon these data, it is concluded that senna is not carcinogenic even after daily administration for 2 years at dosages of up to 300 mg/kg/day in Sprague-Dawley rats...
- No evidence of stimulation of human tumor cell proliferation by a standardized aqueous mistletoe extract in vitroA M Burger
Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Science Centre, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, ON M4N 3M5, Canada
Anticancer Res 23:3801-6. 2003..Our data clearly demonstrate that, by applying scientifically valid methods and procedures, the standardized AME did not stimulate tumor cell proliferation but showed time- and concentration-dependent antiproliferative effects...
- Anticancer activity of rViscumin (recombinant mistletoe lectin) in tumor colonization models with immunocompetent miceB Schaffrath
MEMOREC Stoffel GmbH, , Germany
Anticancer Res 21:3981-7. 2001..The results indicate that rViscumin has antineoplastic properties and might therefore be a promising candidate in cancer therapy...
- Antiproliferative activity of an aqueous mistletoe extract in human tumor cell lines and xenografts in vitroA M Burger
Tumor Biology Center, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Arzneimittelforschung 51:748-57. 2001..Experiments with sensitive tumor types identified in these in vitro studies are currently ongoing in order to demonstrate the anticancer activity of AME in different animal tumor models...
- Anticancer activity of an aqueous mistletoe extract (AME) in syngeneic murine tumor modelsA M Burger
Tumor Biology Center, University of Freiburg, Germany
Anticancer Res 21:1965-8. 2001..In view of the low dose levels used, the effects are most likely due to the immunostimulatory rather than to the cytotoxic potencies of AME...
- Cellular immunomodulation and safety of standardized aqueous mistletoe extract PS76A2 in tumor patients treated for 48 weeksW Dohmen
Academical Practice of General Medicine, Medical Faculty, RWTH Aachen, Thomashofstrasse 3, D 52070 Aachen, Germany
Anticancer Res 24:1231-7. 2004..Summarizing, it can be stated that the standardized mistletoe extract PS76A2 significantly improved the immune status of tumor patients and was administered safely over a long period...
- The standardised mistletoe extract PS76A2 improves QoL in patients with breast cancer receiving adjuvant CMF chemotherapy: a randomised, placebo-controlled, double-blind, multicentre clinical trialV F Semiglasov
Scientific Research Oncological Institute, St Petersburg, Russia
Anticancer Res 24:1293-302. 2004..05). Overall, PS76A2 was well tolerated. Local reactions at the injection sites occurred dose-dependently, but were mild at the low and medium dose levels...
- Quality of life is improved in breast cancer patients by Standardised Mistletoe Extract PS76A2 during chemotherapy and follow-up: a randomised, placebo-controlled, double-blind, multicentre clinical trialV F Semiglazov
Petrov Research Institute of Oncology, St Petersburg, Russia
Anticancer Res 26:1519-29. 2006..6% of the PS76A2 group. In conclusion, PS76A2 (15 ng mistletoe lectin/0.5 ml twice weekly) was shown to be safe and effective in improving QoL in breast cancer patients during chemotherapy and follow-up...