- Widespread use of pure and impure placebo interventions by GPs in GermanyKarin Meissner
Institute of Medical Psychology, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Goethestrasse 31, 80336 Munich, Germany
Fam Pract 29:79-85. 2012..To collect data on the use of placebo interventions by GPs in Germany...
- Introduction to placebo effects in medicine: mechanisms and clinical implicationsKarin Meissner
Institute of Medical Psychology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Goethestrasse 31 80336 Munich, Germany
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 366:1783-9. 2011....
- Bradygastric activity of the stomach predicts disgust sensitivity and perceived disgust intensityKarin Meissner
Institute of Medical Psychology, Ludwig Maximilians, University Munich, Germany
Biol Psychol 86:9-16. 2011..The results suggest that feelings of disgust may be specifically related to increased bradygastria, which may represent a prodromal sign of vomiting...
- Long-term effects of traditional Chinese medicine and hypnotherapy in patients with severe endometriosis--a retrospective evaluationKarin Meissner
Institute of Medical Psychology, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Technical University Munich, Germany
Forsch Komplementmed 17:314-20. 2010..In this retrospective study we aimed to assess the effectiveness of a combined therapy of Traditional Chinese medicine and hypnotherapy (systemic autoregulation therapy, SART) as a novel treatment for endometriosis-associated symptoms...
- Body signals, cardiac awareness, and the perception of timeKarin Meissner
Institute of Medical Psychology, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, Germany
Biol Psychol 86:289-97. 2011..These results support the view that autonomic function and interoceptive awareness underpin our perception of time intervals in the range of seconds...
- Organ-specificity of placebo effects on blood pressureKarin Meissner
Institute of Medical Psychology, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Auton Neurosci 164:62-6. 2011..Rather, results suggest that the placebo intervention specifically reduced systolic blood pressure...
- The placebo effect and the autonomic nervous system: evidence for an intimate relationshipKarin Meissner
Institute of Medical Psychology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Goethestrasse 31, 80336 Munich, Germany
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 366:1808-17. 2011..Nevertheless, more studies will be needed to further elucidate psychological and neurobiological pathways involved in autonomic placebo effects...
- Effects of placebo interventions on gastric motility and general autonomic activityKarin Meissner
Institute of Medical Psychology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
J Psychosom Res 66:391-8. 2009..The study aimed to investigate placebo effects on gastric motility and to examine possible autonomic mediating mechanisms...
- The placebo effect: advances from different methodological approachesKarin Meissner
Institute of Medical Psychology, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, D 80336 Munich, Germany
J Neurosci 31:16117-24. 2011..The integration of these different methodological approaches is a key objective, motivating our scientific pursuits toward a placebo research that can inform and guide important future scientific knowledge...
- Are sham acupuncture interventions more effective than (other) placebos? A re-analysis of data from the Cochrane review on placebo effectsKlaus Linde
Institute of General Practice, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Forsch Komplementmed 17:259-64. 2010..We re-analyzed the data from this review to investigate whether effects associated with sham acupuncture differed from those of other 'physical placebos'...
- Treatment of depressive disorders in primary care--protocol of a multiple treatment systematic review of randomized controlled trialsKlaus Linde
Institute of General Practice, Technische Universitat Munchen, Orleansstrasse 47, Munich, Germany
BMC Fam Pract 12:127. 2011..We aim to systematically review and compare the available evidence for the effectiveness of pharmacological, psychological, and combined treatments for patients with depressive disorders in primary care...