Affiliation: Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry
- Pathways into ecstasy use: the role of prior cannabis use and ecstasy availabilityPetra Zimmermann
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Clinical Psychology and Epidemiology, Kraepelinstrasse 2, 80804 Munich, Germany
Drug Alcohol Depend 79:331-41. 2005..To explore the role of cannabis use for the availability of ecstasy as a potential pathway to subsequent first ecstasy use...
- Interaction of FKBP5 gene variants and adverse life events in predicting depression onset: results from a 10-year prospective community studyPetra Zimmermann
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Munich, Germany
Am J Psychiatry 168:1107-16. 2011..The authors explored gene-environment interactions between FKBP5 gene variants and adverse life events in predicting the first occurrence of a major depressive episode...
- Heterogeneity of DSM-IV major depressive disorder as a consequence of subthreshold bipolarityPetra Zimmermann
Molecular Psychology Unit, Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Kraepelinstrasse 2, 80804 Munich, Germany
Arch Gen Psychiatry 66:1341-52. 2009..There is growing evidence that major depressive disorder (MDD) might be overdiagnosed at the expense of bipolar disorder (BPD)...
- The interplay of familial depression liability and adverse events in predicting the first onset of depression during a 10-year follow-upPetra Zimmermann
Molecular Psychology Unit, Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Munich, Germany
Biol Psychiatry 63:406-14. 2008....
- Dependence symptoms in young cannabis users? A prospective epidemiological studyAgnes Nocon
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Clinical Psychology and Epidemiology, Kraepelinstrasse 2 10, 80804 Munich, Germany
J Psychiatr Res 40:394-403. 2006..To examine prospectively over a period of 4 years the profile of cannabis dependence and the risk of specific dependence criteria in a community sample of adolescents...
- The natural course of DSM-IV somatoform disorders and syndromes among adolescents and young adults: a prospective-longitudinal community studyRoselind Lieb
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Clinical Psychology and Epidemiology Unit, Kraepelinstr 2, Munich, Germany
Eur Psychiatry 17:321-31. 2002..Although somatoform disorders are assumed to be chronic clinical conditions, epidemiological knowledge on their natural course based on representative samples is not available...
- Increased HPA axis response to psychosocial stress in remitted depression: the influence of coping styleNina Höhne
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Kraepelinstr 2 10, 80804 Munich, Germany Electronic address
Biol Psychol 103:267-75. 2014..The amount of negative coping predicted the size of the plasma cortisol response in the combined group. Our results demonstrate the importance of psychological coping strategies for the investigation of HPA axis response in depression. ..
- Substance use and substance use disorders in a community sample of adolescents and young adults: incidence, age effects and patterns of useAxel Perkonigg
Department of Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Dresden University of Technology, Dresden, Germany
Eur Addict Res 12:187-96. 2006..Patterns of onset, cohort trends, and use of various substance classes are also analyzed...
- Where have they been? Service use of regular substance users with and without abuse and dependenceAxel Perkonigg
Technische Universitat Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 41:470-9. 2006..To present lifetime rates of service use for psychological and substance use related problems among regular substance users and to examine factors associated with service use...
- Cannabis use and cannabis use disorders and their relationship to mental disorders: a 10-year prospective-longitudinal community study in adolescentsHans Ulrich Wittchen
Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Technical University Dresden, D 01187 Dresden, Germany
Drug Alcohol Depend 88:S60-70. 2007..Whereas the role of externalizing disorders is relatively well established in predicting the onset of cannabis use (CU) or cannabis use disorder (CUD), the status of anxiety and mood disorders in predicting CU and CUD remains controversial...