Genomes and Genes
Sonja M Wojcik
Affiliation: Max Planck Institute for Experimental Medicine
- A shared vesicular carrier allows synaptic corelease of GABA and glycineSonja M Wojcik
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, Max Planck Institute of Experimental Medicine, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Neuron 50:575-87. 2006..Since GABA and glycine compete for vesicular uptake, these data point to a close association of Viaat with GABA-synthesizing enzymes as a key factor in specifying GABAergic neuronal phenotypes...
- Regulation of membrane fusion in synaptic excitation-secretion coupling: speed and accuracy matterSonja M Wojcik
Max Planck Institut fur experimentelle Medizin, Abteilung Molekulare Neurobiologie, Hermann Rein Strasse 3, D 37075 Gottingen, Deutschland
Neuron 55:11-24. 2007....
- Analysis of neurotransmitter release mechanisms by photolysis of caged Ca²⁺ in an autaptic neuron culture systemAndrea Burgalossi
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, Max Planck Institute of Experimental Medicine, Gottingen, Germany
Nat Protoc 7:1351-65. 2012..The protocol takes three weeks to complete and provides unprecedented insights into the mechanisms of transmitter release...
- Synaptic and vesicular co-localization of the glutamate transporters VGLUT1 and VGLUT2 in the mouse hippocampusEtienne Herzog
, Abteilung Molekulare Neurobiologie, , Germany
J Neurochem 99:1011-8. 2006..As the number of transporter molecules per vesicle affects quantal size, the developmental window where VGLUT1 and VGLUT2 are co-expressed may allow for greater plasticity in the control of quantal release...
- Expression of constitutively active erythropoietin receptor in pyramidal neurons of cortex and hippocampus boosts higher cognitive functions in miceDerya Sargin
Division of Clinical Neuroscience, Max Planck Institute of Experimental Medicine, Gottingen, Germany
BMC Biol 9:27. 2011..However, the critical EPO targets in brain are unknown, and separation of direct and indirect effects has remained difficult, given the role of EPO in hematopoiesis and brain oxygen supply...
- Identification of the minimal protein domain required for priming activity of Munc13-1David R Stevens
Physiologisches Institut, , Kirrberger Str. 8, D-66421 Homburg/Saar, Germany
Curr Biol 15:2243-8. 2005..Priming by Munc13-1 appears to require its interaction with Syntaxin 1 because point mutants that do not bind Syntaxin 1 do not prime chromaffin granules...
- Interaction between the vesicular glutamate transporter type 1 and endophilin A1, a protein essential for endocytosisJacqueline Vinatier
INSERM U513, Neurobiology and Psychiatry, Faculte de Medecine, Creteil, France
J Neurochem 97:1111-25. 2006..Overall, the discovery of endophilin as a partner for VGLUT1 in nerve terminals strongly suggests the existence of functional differences between VGLUT1 and -2 terminals in their abilities to replenish vesicle pools...