Peter H Seeberger
Affiliation: Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces
- Fair R, Hahm H, Seeberger P. Combination of automated solid-phase and enzymatic oligosaccharide synthesis provides access to Î±(2,3)-sialylated glycans. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015;51:6183-5 pubmed publisher..A synthetic strategy combining automated solid-phase chemical synthesis and enzymatic sialylation was developed to access Î±(2,3)-sialylated glycans. ..
- Kennedy D, Orts Gil G, Lai C, Müller L, Haase A, Luch A, et al. Carbohydrate functionalization of silver nanoparticles modulates cytotoxicity and cellular uptake. J Nanobiotechnology. 2014;12:59 pubmed publisher..These findings provide new perspectives on modulating the bioactivity of Ag-NPs by using carbohydrates. ..
- Ushakov D, Gilmore K, Seeberger P. Consecutive oxygen-based oxidations convert amines to Î±-cyanoepoxides. Chem Commun (Camb). 2014;50:12649-51 pubmed publisher..The corresponding Î±,Î±-dicyano- or Î±-cyano-Î±-esterepoxides were obtained in good yields (43-82%). ..
- Ye Z, Zhang Q, Wang S, Bharate P, Varela Aramburu S, Lu M, et al. Tumour-Targeted Drug Delivery with Mannose-Functionalized Nanoparticles Self-Assembled from Amphiphilic ?-Cyclodextrins. Chemistry. 2016;22:15216-15221 pubmed publisher..This targeted and controlled drug delivery system holds promise as a nanotherapeutic for cancer treatment. ..
- Schumann B, Parameswarappa S, Lisboa M, Kottari N, Guidetti F, Pereira C, et al. Nucleophile-Directed Stereocontrol Over Glycosylations Using Geminal-Difluorinated Nucleophiles. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2016;55:14431-14434 pubmed publisher..These fluorinated linkers enable the facile generation of ?-terminating synthetic glycans for the formation of glycoconjugates. ..
- Parameswarappa S, Reppe K, Geissner A, Ménová P, Govindan S, Calow A, et al. A Semi-synthetic Oligosaccharide Conjugate Vaccine Candidate Confers Protection against Streptococcus pneumoniae Serotype 3 Infection. Cell Chem Biol. 2016;23:1407-1416 pubmed publisher..Formulation of the defined protective lead candidate glycotope has to be further evaluated to elicit optimal long-term immunity. ..
- Broecker F, Seeberger P. Synthetic Glycan Microarrays. Methods Mol Biol. 2017;1518:227-240 pubmed..Microarrays are incubated with GBPs, and binding events are quantitatively detected by fluorescent signals. These methods are readily adaptable to a multitude of purposes from basic research to biomedical applications. ..
- Reinhardt A, Wehle M, Geissner A, Crouch E, Kang Y, Yang Y, et al. Structure binding relationship of human surfactant protein D and various lipopolysaccharide inner core structures. J Struct Biol. 2016;195:387-395 pubmed publisher..The selective mutation of SP-D promotes targeting of LPS inner core oligosaccharides on Gram-negative bacteria to develop novel therapeutic agents. ..
- Broecker F, Martin C, Wegner E, Mattner J, Baek J, Pereira C, et al. Synthetic Lipoteichoic Acid Glycans Are Potential Vaccine Candidates to Protect from Clostridium difficile Infections. Cell Chem Biol. 2016;23:1014-1022 pubmed publisher..difficile bacteria and inhibited intestinal colonization of C. difficile in mice in vivo. Our findings underscore the promise of synthetic LTA glycans as C. difficile vaccine candidates. ..
- Broecker F, Seeberger P. Identification and Design of Synthetic B Cell Epitopes for Carbohydrate-Based Vaccines. Methods Enzymol. 2017;597:311-334 pubmed publisher..The procedures, exemplified with a surface carbohydrate of Clostridium difficile, may serve as a guideline for selecting protective oligosaccharide epitopes for vaccines against infectious and malignant diseases. ..
- Hahm H, Schlegel M, Hurevich M, Eller S, Schuhmacher F, Hofmann J, et al. Automated glycan assembly using the Glyconeer 2.1 synthesizer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:E3385-E3389 pubmed publisher..Purification and quality-control protocols for the oligosaccharide products have been standardized. Synthetic glycans prepared in this way are useful reagents as the basis for glycan arrays, diagnostics, and carbohydrate-based vaccines. ..