Affiliation: Max Planck Institute for the History of Science
- Of frogs and men: the origins of psychophysiological time experiments, 1850-1865Henning Schmidgen
Max Planck Institute for the Hitory of Science, Berlin
Endeavour 26:142-8. 2002..In particular, the rapidly growing technologies of electromagnetism, which gave rise to telegraphy and electric clocks, facilitated the time measurements of 19th-century physiologists and psychologists...
- Pictures, preparations, and living processes: the production of immediate visual perception (anschauung) in the late-19th-century physiologyHenning Schmidgen
Max Planck Institute for the History of Science E mail
J Hist Biol 37:477-513. 2004..Thus, the images of late 19th century physiology stood half-way between machines and organisms, between books and instruments...
- Physics, ballistics, and psychology: a history of the chronoscope in/as context, 1845-1890Henning Schmidgen
Max Planck Institute for the History of Science, Berlin, Germany
Hist Psychol 8:46-78. 2005..These challenges were met with specific attempts to reduce the errors in chronoscopic experiments on shooting stands and in the psychological laboratory...
- Wundt as chemist? A fresh look at his practice and theory of experimentationHenning Schmidgen
Max Planck Institute for the History of Science, Berlin
Am J Psychol 116:469-76. 2003..Thus, in various ways, chemistry influenced Wundt's early theory and practice of experiment...
- [The development of psychophysiological measurement,1850-1865]Henning Schmidgen
Max Planck Institut für Wissenschaftsgeschichte Wilhelmstrasse 44, 10117 Berlin
NTM 12:100-15. 2004..It is no wonder then that it took some 20 years before this branch of research stabilised...
- General physiology, experimental psychology, and evolutionism. Unicellular organisms as objects of psychophysiological research, 1877-1918Judy Johns Schloegel
Max Planck Institute for the History of Science, Wilhelmstrasse 44, D 10117 Berlin, Germany
Isis 93:614-45. 2002....
- [Reaction time tests in Leipzig, Paris and Würzburg. The Franco-German history of a psychological experiment, 1890-1910]Jacqueline Carroy
Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales 54, boulevard Raspail F 75006, Paris
Medizinhist J 39:27-55. 2004..Rather, it is a history of transferences that sometimes includes surprising "re-transferences"...
- The virtual laboratory: a new on-line resource for the history of psychologyHenning Schmidgen
Max Planck Institute for the History of Science
Hist Psychol 6:208-13. 2003..Historians of psychology are encouraged to submit photographic material and essays to the Virtual Laboratory...