Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology
- High resolution spatial analysis of plant systemsJ Kehr
Max Planck Institut fur Molekulare Pflanzenphysiologie, Am Muhlenberg 1, 14424, Potsdam, Germany
Curr Opin Plant Biol 4:197-201. 2001....
- Analysis of xylem sap proteins from Brassica napusJulia Kehr
Department Lothar Willmitzer, Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, 14424 Potsdam, Germany
BMC Plant Biol 5:11. 2005..Although these proteins might have important impact on the performance of above-ground organs, only a few of them have been identified so far and their physiological functions are still unclear...
- Long distance transport and movement of RNA through the phloemJulia Kehr
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, Department Lothar Willmitzer, Am Muhlenberg 1, 14424 Golm Potsdam, Germany
J Exp Bot 59:85-92. 2008..This review is a summary of the current knowledge on RNAs contained in the phloem long-distance transport system, their transport mechanism, and their potential functions...
- MicroRNA399 is a long-distance signal for the regulation of plant phosphate homeostasisBikram Datt Pant
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Plant Physiology, Science Park Golm, Am Muhlenberg 1, 14476 Potsdam, Germany
Plant J 53:731-8. 2008..Hence the transported miR399 molecules retain biological activity. This is a demonstration of systemic control of a biological process, i.e. maintenance of plant Pi homeostasis, by a phloem-mobile microRNA...
- Protein extraction from xylem and phloem sapJulia Kehr
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, Potsdam, Germany
Methods Mol Biol 355:27-35. 2007..This chapter outlines how proteins can be obtained and purified from xylem and phloem saps to perform subsequent proteomic analyses...
- Phloem sap proteins: their identities and potential roles in the interaction between plants and phloem-feeding insectsJulia Kehr
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, Department Willmitzer, Am Muhlenberg 1, D 14424 Potsdam, Germany
J Exp Bot 57:767-74. 2006....
- Single cell technologyJulia Kehr
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, Department Willmitzer, Am Muhlenberg 1, 14476 Golm Potsdam, Germany
Curr Opin Plant Biol 6:617-21. 2003..Recent breakthroughs have been made in tissue-specific DNA, RNA and protein analysis of plants by applying laser-based microdissection techniques...
- Proteomics of curcurbit phloem exudate reveals a network of defence proteinsChristina Walz
Department L Willmitzer, Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, Am Muehlenberg 1, 14424 Potsdam, Germany
Phytochemistry 65:1795-804. 2004..The results indicate that the majority of the so far identified proteins are involved in stress and defence reactions...
- Identification of nutrient-responsive Arabidopsis and rapeseed microRNAs by comprehensive real-time polymerase chain reaction profiling and small RNA sequencingBikram Datt Pant
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, 14476 Potsdam, Germany
Plant Physiol 150:1541-55. 2009..Taken together, these results reveal the existence of complex small RNA-based regulatory networks mediating plant adaptation to mineral nutrient availability...
- Towards the proteome of Brassica napus phloem sapPatrick Giavalisco
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, Department Lothar Willmitzer, Potsdam, Germany
Proteomics 6:896-909. 2006..g., proteins mediating calcium and G-protein signaling, a set of RNA-binding proteins, and FLOWERING LOCUS T (FT) and its twin sister that might be key components for the regulation of flowering time...
- Evaluation of two-dimensional electrophoresis and liquid chromatography--tandem mass spectrometry for tissue-specific protein profiling of laser-microdissected plant samplesMartina Schad
Department Willmitzer, Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, Potsdam, Germany
Electrophoresis 26:2729-38. 2005..But because of the significantly lower sample amount required for LC-MS/MS than for 2-DE, the combination of LMPC and LC-MS/MS has a higher potential to promote comprehensive proteome analysis of specific plant tissues...
- Identification and characterization of small RNAs from the phloem of Brassica napusAnja Buhtz
Department Lothar Willmitzer, Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, 14 476 Potsdam, Germany
Plant J 53:739-49. 2008..The strong responses in the phloem suggest a role of miRNAs in systemic information transfer via this long-distance transport system...
- Xylem sap protein composition is conserved among different plant speciesAnja Buhtz
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, Am Muhlenberg 1, 14476, Golm, Germany
Planta 219:610-8. 2004..This indicates an important basic role of these proteins in maintaining xylem function...
- Preparation and quality assessment of RNA from cell-specific samples obtained by laser microdissectionRegine Kleber
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, Golm, Germany
Methods Mol Biol 323:367-77. 2006..This chapter outlines how to prepare plant material for microdissection and methods to extract and measure high-quality RNA suitable for a variety of different downstream applications...
- Y3IP1, a nucleus-encoded thylakoid protein, cooperates with the plastid-encoded Ycf3 protein in photosystem I assembly of tobacco and ArabidopsisChristin A Albus
Max Planck Institut fur Molekulare Pflanzenphysiologie, 14476 Potsdam Golm, Germany
Plant Cell 22:2838-55. 2010..Our data indicate that Y3IP1 represents a novel factor for PSI biogenesis that cooperates with the plastid genome-encoded Ycf3 in the assembly of stable PSI units in the thylakoid membrane...
- Overexpression of the sucrose transporter SoSUT1 in potato results in alterations in leaf carbon partitioning and in tuber metabolism but has little impact on tuber morphologyGeorg Leggewie
Max Planck Institut fur Molekulare Pflanzenphysiologie, Am Muhlenberg 1, 14476, Golm, Germany
Planta 217:158-67. 2003....
- Evidence for the presence and activity of a complete antioxidant defence system in mature sieve tubesChristina Walz
Department Willmitzer, Max Planck Institut fur Molekulare Pflanzenphysiologie, Am Muhlenberg 1, 14476 Golm, Germany
Plant J 31:189-97. 2002....
- Identification of high levels of phytochelatins, glutathione and cadmium in the phloem sap of Brassica napus. A role for thiol-peptides in the long-distance transport of cadmium and the effect of cadmium on iron translocationDavid G Mendoza-Cózatl
Division of Biological Sciences, Cell and Developmental Biology Section, and Center for Molecular Genetics, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0116, USA
Plant J 54:249-59. 2008..Our results suggest that, in addition to directional xylem Cd transport, the phloem is a major vascular system for long-distance source to sink transport of Cd as PC-Cd and glutathione-Cd complexes...
- Adaptation of aphid stylectomy for analyses of proteins and mRNAs in barley phloem sapFrank Gaupels
Institute of Phytopathology and Applied Zoology, IFZ, Heinrich Buff Ring 26 32, D 35392 Giessen, Germany
J Exp Bot 59:3297-306. 2008..Two of the discovered proteins probably represent isoforms of a new phloem-mobile sucrose transporter. Notably, two-dimensional electrophoresis confirmed that there are >250 phloem proteins awaiting identification in future studies...