Genomes and Genes
Matthew P Harris
Affiliation: Max Planck Institute for Biological Cybernetics
- Molecular evidence for an activator-inhibitor mechanism in development of embryonic feather branchingMatthew P Harris
Department of Anatomy, 1300 Bardeen, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:11734-9. 2005..The model is congruent with paleontological evidence that plumulaceous feathers are primitive to pennaceous feathers...
- The development of archosaurian first-generation teeth in a chicken mutantMatthew P Harris
Department of Anatomy, University of Wisconsin, 1300 University Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Curr Biol 16:371-7. 2006....
- Zebrafish eda and edar mutants reveal conserved and ancestral roles of ectodysplasin signaling in vertebratesMatthew P Harris
Max Planck Institute for Developmental Biology, Tubingen, Germany
PLoS Genet 4:e1000206. 2008..Lastly, our findings point to the utility of adult genetic screens in the zebrafish in identifying essential developmental processes involved in human disease and in morphological evolution...
- Shh-Bmp2 signaling module and the evolutionary origin and diversification of feathersMatthew P Harris
Department of Anatomy, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Exp Zool 294:160-76. 2002..Feather animation Quicktime movies can be viewed at http://fallon.anatomy.wisc.edu/feather.html...
- Bmp7 mediates early signaling events during induction of chick epidermal organsMatthew P Harris
Anatomy Department, University of Wisconsin Madison, 1300 University Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Dev Dyn 231:22-32. 2004..We propose that regulation of Bmp7 in localized areas of the embryonic epidermis facilitates the development of regional formation of integumentary organs...
- Duplication of fgfr1 permits Fgf signaling to serve as a target for selection during domesticationNicolas Rohner
Max Planck Institute for Developmental Biology, Spemannstrasse 35, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Curr Biol 19:1642-7. 2009..These findings provide evidence for the role for gene duplication in providing the raw material for generation of morphological diversity...
- Enhancing the efficiency of N-ethyl-N-nitrosourea-induced mutagenesis in the zebrafishNicolas Rohner
Department of Genetics, Max Planck Institute for Developmental Biology, Tubingen, Germany
Zebrafish 8:119-23. 2011..This facilitates ENU mutagenesis protocols considerably, facilitates higher dosing, and allows for sensitive strains of fish such as homozygous mutants to be mutagenized for use in genetic studies...