Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Max Planck Institute for Experimental Medicine
- Dere E, Ronnenberg A, Tampe B, Arinrad S, Schmidt M, Zeisberg E, et al. Cognitive, emotional and social phenotyping of mice in an observer-independent setting. Neurobiol Learn Mem. 2018;150:136-150 pubmed publisher..The phenotyping battery presented here may be well-suited as high-throughput multifaceted diagnostic instrument for translational neuropsychiatry and behavioral genetics. ..
- Ehrenreich H, Hasselblatt M, Knerlich F, von Ahsen N, Jacob S, Sperling S, et al. A hematopoietic growth factor, thrombopoietin, has a proapoptotic role in the brain. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:862-7 pubmed..This effect is not only inhibited by EPO but also by neurotrophins. We suggest that the proapoptotic function of TPO helps to select for neurons that have acquired target-derived neurotrophic support. ..
- Ehrenreich H, Krampe H. Does disulfiram have a role in alcoholism treatment today? Not to forget about disulfiram's psychological effects. Addiction. 2004;99:26-7; author reply 27-8 pubmed
- Ju A, Hammerschmidt K, Tantra M, Krueger D, Brose N, Ehrenreich H. Juvenile manifestation of ultrasound communication deficits in the neuroligin-4 null mutant mouse model of autism. Behav Brain Res. 2014;270:159-64 pubmed publisher..Together, these data support an early manifestation of communication deficits in Nlgn4(-/-) mice that appear more pronounced in immature females with their overall stronger USV as compared to males. ..
- Poggi G, Boretius S, MÃ¶bius W, Moschny N, Baudewig J, Ruhwedel T, et al. Cortical network dysfunction caused by a subtle defect of myelination. Glia. 2016;64:2025-40 pubmed publisher..Thus, subtle but primary abnormalities of CNS myelin can be the cause of a persistent cortical network dysfunction including catatonia, features typical of neuropsychiatric conditions. GLIA 2016;64:2025-2040. ..
- Pan H, Oliveira B, Saher G, Dere E, Tapken D, Mitjans M, et al. Uncoupling the widespread occurrence of anti-NMDAR1 autoantibodies from neuropsychiatric disease in a novel autoimmune model. Mol Psychiatry. 2018;: pubmed publisher..These data suggest that NMDAR1-AB of the IgG class shape behavioral phenotypes upon access to the brain but do not cause brain inflammation on their own. ..
- Tantra M, KrÃ¶cher T, Papiol S, Winkler D, RÃ¶ckle I, Jatho J, et al. St8sia2 deficiency plus juvenile cannabis exposure in mice synergistically affect higher cognition in adulthood. Behav Brain Res. 2014;275:166-75 pubmed publisher..We conclude that juvenile cannabis exposure may cause delayed but lasting damage on cognition in subjects genetically predisposed to altered NCAM polysialylation. ..
- Winkler D, Daher F, Wüstefeld L, Hammerschmidt K, Poggi G, Seelbach A, et al. Hypersocial behavior and biological redundancy in mice with reduced expression of PSD95 or PSD93. Behav Brain Res. 2018;352:35-45 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that both PSD95 and PSD93 are involved in processing of social stimuli and control of social behavior. This important role may be partly assured by functional/behavioral and biological/biochemical redundancy. ..
- Stepniak B, KÃ¤stner A, Poggi G, Mitjans M, Begemann M, Hartmann A, et al. Accumulated common variants in the broader fragile X gene family modulate autistic phenotypes. EMBO Mol Med. 2015;7:1565-79 pubmed publisher..To conclude, normal variation in these genes contributes to the continuum of autistic phenotypes. ..
- Dere E, Winkler D, Ritter C, Ronnenberg A, Poggi G, Patzig J, et al. Gpm6b deficiency impairs sensorimotor gating and modulates the behavioral response to a 5-HT2A/C receptor agonist. Behav Brain Res. 2015;277:254-63 pubmed publisher..To conclude, Gpm6b deficiency impairs sensorimotor gating and modulates the behavioral response to a serotonergic challenge. ..
- Ehrenreich H, Degner D, Meller J, Brines M, Behe M, Hasselblatt M, et al. Erythropoietin: a candidate compound for neuroprotection in schizophrenia. Mol Psychiatry. 2004;9:42-54 pubmed
- Adamcio B, Sargin D, Stradomska A, Medrihan L, Gertler C, Theis F, et al. Erythropoietin enhances hippocampal long-term potentiation and memory. BMC Biol. 2008;6:37 pubmed publisher..These mechanisms of action of EPO have to be further exploited for treating neuropsychiatric diseases. ..
- Sargin D, El Kordi A, Agarwal A, Muller M, Wojcik S, Hassouna I, et al. Expression of constitutively active erythropoietin receptor in pyramidal neurons of cortex and hippocampus boosts higher cognitive functions in mice. BMC Biol. 2011;9:27 pubmed publisher..This property of EPOR signaling should be exploited for defining novel strategies to therapeutically enhance cognitive performance in disease conditions. ..
- El Kordi A, Radyushkin K, Ehrenreich H. Erythropoietin improves operant conditioning and stability of cognitive performance in mice. BMC Biol. 2009;7:37 pubmed publisher..Early erythropoietin treatment leads to lasting improvement of cognitive performance in healthy mice. This finding should be exploited in novel treatment strategies for brain diseases. ..