Hans H Maurer
- Wagmann L, Meyer M, Maurer H. What is the contribution of human FMO3 in the N-oxygenation of selected therapeutic drugs and drugs of abuse?. Toxicol Lett. 2016;258:55-70 pubmed publisher..The successful application of a modified RAF approach including FMO3 proved the importance of FMO3 in the N-oxygenation of DOAs in human metabolism. ..
- Caspar A, Meyer M, Maurer H. Human cytochrome P450 kinetic studies on six N-2-methoxybenzyl (NBOMe)-derived new psychoactive substances using the substrate depletion approach. Toxicol Lett. 2018;285:1-8 pubmed publisher..However, in cases where substances with high contributions from polymorphically expressed CYP2C19 and CYP2D6 are encountered, inter-individual variations in metabolism and excretion cannot be excluded. ..
- Richter L, Kaminski Y, Noor F, Meyer M, Maurer H. Metabolic fate of desomorphine elucidated using rat urine, pooled human liver preparations, and human hepatocyte cultures as well as its detectability using standard urine screening approaches. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2016;408:6283-94 pubmed publisher..Finally, desomorphine (crocodile) consumption should be detectable by all standard urine screening approaches mainly via the parent compound and/or its glucuronide assuming similar kinetics in rats and humans. ..
- Helfer A, Michely J, Weber A, Meyer M, Maurer H. LC-HR-MS/MS standard urine screening approach: Pros and cons of automated on-line extraction by turbulent flow chromatography versus dilute-and-shoot and comparison with established urine precipitation. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1043:138-149 pubmed publisher
- Maurer H, Meyer M. High-resolution mass spectrometry in toxicology: current status and future perspectives. Arch Toxicol. 2016;90:2161-2172 pubmed publisher..Finally, a discussion on advantages as well as limitations and future perspectives of these methods is included. ..
- Michely J, Brandt S, Meyer M, Maurer H. Biotransformation and detectability of the new psychoactive substances N,N-diallyltryptamine (DALT) derivatives 5-fluoro-DALT, 7-methyl-DALT, and 5,6-methylenedioxy-DALT in urine using GC-MS, LC-MSn, and LC-HR-MS/MS. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2017;409:1681-1695 pubmed publisher
- Caspar A, Brandt S, Stoever A, Meyer M, Maurer H. Metabolic fate and detectability of the new psychoactive substances 2-(4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)-N-[(2-methoxyphenyl)methyl]ethanamine (25B-NBOMe) and 2-(4-chloro-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)-N-[(2-methoxyphenyl)methyl]ethanamine (25C-NBOMe) in human and . J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2017;134:158-169 pubmed publisher..The presented study demonstrated that 25B-NBOMe and 25C-NBOMe were extensively metabolized and detectable by both LC-based SUSAs. ..
- Helfer A, Michely J, Weber A, Meyer M, Maurer H. Liquid chromatography-high resolution-tandem mass spectrometry using Orbitrap technology for comprehensive screening to detect drugs and their metabolites in blood plasma. Anal Chim Acta. 2017;965:83-95 pubmed publisher..Applicability studies showed that the developed method provided fast, simple, and robust screening and identification of a broad range of drugs within therapeutic ranges. ..
- Caspar A, Westphal F, Meyer M, Maurer H. LC-high resolution-MS/MS for identification of 69 metabolites of the new psychoactive substance 1-(4-ethylphenyl-)-N-[(2-methoxyphenyl)methyl] propane-2-amine (4-EA-NBOMe) in rat urine and human liver S9 incubates and comparison of its screening powe. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2018;410:897-912 pubmed publisher..The main targets for both LC-MS screenings should be the phenylacetic acid derivative, the mandelic acid derivative both with and without additional O-demethylation, and, for GC-MS, the hydroxy metabolite after conjugate cleavage. ..
- Maurer H. Analytical toxicology. EXS. 2010;100:317-37 pubmed..The importance of quality control and possibilities and limitations of interpretation of the analytical result are also discussed. ..
- Maurer H. How can analytical diagnostics in clinical toxicology be successfully performed today?. Ther Drug Monit. 2012;34:561-4 pubmed publisher..Quality control aspects and strategies for competent interpretation of the analytical result in correlation with the clinical signs presented by the patient are discussed. ..
- Maurer H. Chemistry, pharmacology, and metabolism of emerging drugs of abuse. Ther Drug Monit. 2010;32:544-9 pubmed publisher..They have gained popularity and notoriety as rave drugs. The metabolic pathways, the involvement of cytochrome P450 isoenzymes in the main pathways, and their roles in hepatic clearance are also summarized...
- Michely J, Meyer M, Maurer H. Dried urine spots - A novel sampling technique for comprehensive LC-MSn drug screening. Anal Chim Acta. 2017;982:112-121 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, DUS might be an alternative sampling technique for comprehensive drug testing or adherence monitoring. ..