Affiliation: Martin Luther University
- Clinical, endocrinological and radiography features in a child with McCune-Albright syndrome and pituitary adenomaW Zumkeller
Department of Pediatrics, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Halle, Germany
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 14:553-9. 2001..So far, this condition has been treated with pamidronate only in adults, but severely affected children also benefit from this treatment regimen...
- The IGF/IGFBP system in CNS malignancyW Zumkeller
Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, University Hospital, Department of Pediatrics, Ernst Grube Str 40, 06097 Halle Saale, Germany
Mol Pathol 54:227-9. 2001....
- IGFs and IGFBPs: surrogate markers for diagnosis and surveillance of tumour growth?W Zumkeller
Department of Paediatrics, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Ernst Grube Str 40, 06097 Halle Saale, Germany
Mol Pathol 54:285-8. 2001..Because dysregulation of the IGF system is a frequent pattern in malignancy, IGFs/IGFBPs might represent novel tumour markers that could be useful both for diagnosis and surveillance...
- The insulin-like growth factor system in hematopoietic cellsWalter Zumkeller
Department of Pediatrics, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Children s University Hospital, Halle Saale, Germany
Leuk Lymphoma 43:487-91. 2002..IGFs could therefore, although not classical hematopoietic growth factors, be of benefit for patients with diverse hematopoietic disorders...
- IGFs and IGF-binding proteins as diagnostic markers and biological modulators in brain tumorsWalter Zumkeller
Department of Paediatrics, Martin Luther University, Halle Wiitenberg, Ernst Grube Str 40, 06097 Halle Saale, Germany
Expert Rev Mol Diagn 2:473-7. 2002..Clinical trials are currently underway that should demonstrate whether a beneficial effect is achievable in these patients...
- Three novel PAX6 mutations in patients with aniridiaW Zumkeller
Department of Paediatrics, Martin Luther University, University Hospital, Ernst Grube Str 40, 06097 Halle Saale, Germany
Mol Pathol 56:180-3. 2003..To describe mutations in the PAX6 gene in five patients with aniridia from three unrelated families...
- The role of the GH/IGF system in pituitary tumorigenesisW Zumkeller
Department of Paediatrics, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
Horm Metab Res 35:664-6. 2003..Thus, this review focuses on the role of the growth hormone/insulin-like growth factor system in pituitary tumorigenesis with particular focus on the genetic alterations described in pituitary adenomas up to now...
- Deletions of the homeobox gene SHOX (short stature homeobox) are an important cause of growth failure in children with short statureGudrun A Rappold
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Heidelberg, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:1402-6. 2002....