Affiliation: Martin Luther University
- Ringseis R, Muller A, Herter C, Gahler S, Steinhart H, Eder K. CLA isomers inhibit TNFalpha-induced eicosanoid release from human vascular smooth muscle cells via a PPARgamma ligand-like action. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1760:290-300 pubmed..With respect to the effects of CLA on experimental atherosclerosis, our findings suggest that the anti-inflammatory effect of CLA is at least partially responsible for the anti-atherogenic effects of CLA observed in vivo. ..
- Ringseis R, Gutgesell A, Dathe C, Brandsch C, Eder K. Feeding oxidized fat during pregnancy up-regulates expression of PPARalpha-responsive genes in the liver of rat fetuses. Lipids Health Dis. 2007;6:6 pubmed..Moreover, the present study shows that feeding oxidized fat during whole pregnancy, but not during late pregnancy, lowers triacylglycerol concentrations in fetal livers. ..
- Ringseis R, Piwek N, Eder K. Oxidized fat induces oxidative stress but has no effect on NF-kappaB-mediated proinflammatory gene transcription in porcine intestinal epithelial cells. Inflamm Res. 2007;56:118-25 pubmed..Thus, the present study aimed to explore the effect of oxidized frying oil on PPARgamma DNA-binding and proinflammatory responses in intestinal epithelial cells...
- Ringseis R, Pösel S, Hirche F, Eder K. Treatment with pharmacological peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha agonist clofibrate causes upregulation of organic cation transporter 2 in liver and small intestine of rats. Pharmacol Res. 2007;56:175-83 pubmed..Furthermore, the present results also indicate that an increased carnitine biosynthesis also contributes to the clofibrate-induced increase in hepatic carnitine concentration...
- Ringseis R, Lüdi S, Hirche F, Eder K. Treatment with pharmacological peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha agonist clofibrate increases intestinal carnitine absorption in rats. Pharmacol Res. 2008;58:58-64 pubmed publisher..05). In conclusion, the present study shows that administration of clofibrate to rats increases carnitine absorption in small intestine which is probably due to the observed upregulation of OCTN2 mediated by activation of PPARalpha...
- Ringseis R, Wen G, Saal D, Eder K. Conjugated linoleic acid isomers reduce cholesterol accumulation in acetylated LDL-induced mouse RAW264.7 macrophage-derived foam cells. Lipids. 2008;43:913-23 pubmed publisher..05). In conclusion, the present study showed that CLA isomers reduce cholesterol accumulation in RAW264.7 macrophage-derived foam cells presumably by enhancing lipid acceptor-dependent cholesterol efflux...