Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Martin Luther University
- Nucleic acid sequence of feline preprorelaxin and its localization within the feline placentaT Klonisch
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Martin Luther University of Halle Wittenberg, D 06097 Halle Saale, Germany
Biol Reprod 60:305-11. 1999..Trophoblast cells located at the villous chorioallantoic tips invading the endometrium and extravillous trophoblast cells in the junctional placental zone were devoid of relaxin...
- Canine preprorelaxin: nucleic acid sequence and localization within the canine placentaT Klonisch
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, D 06097 Halle Saale, Germany
Biol Reprod 60:551-7. 1999..The uterine glands and nonplacental uterine areas of the canine zonary girdle placenta were devoid of relaxin mRNA and relaxin. We conclude that the syncytiotrophoblast is the source of relaxin in the canine placenta...
- Canine relaxin-like factor: unique molecular structure and differential expression within reproductive tissues of the dogT Klonisch
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Faculty of Medicine, Grosse Steinstrasse 52, D 06097 Halle Saale, Germany
Biol Reprod 64:442-50. 2001..Differential expression of RLF and relaxin appears to reflect distinct autocrine and paracrine functions of RLF in canine reproductive tissues...
- Molecular remodeling of members of the relaxin family during primate evolutionT Klonisch
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Martin Luther University Faculty of Medicine, Halle Saale, Germany
Mol Biol Evol 18:393-403. 2001....
- Epidermal growth factor-like ligands and erbB genes in the peri-implantation rabbit uterus and blastocystT Klonisch
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Martin Luther University, D 06097 Halle Saale, Germany
Biol Reprod 64:1835-44. 2001..This study provides strong evidence for a role of the ErbB/EGF-like system in embryo/maternal interactions during the peri-implantation period in the rabbit...
- INSL3 ligand-receptor system in the equine testisThomas Klonisch
Departments of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Faculty of Medicine, Halle, Germany
Biol Reprod 68:1975-81. 2003..The detection of transcripts for equine Lgr8 in the testis has identified the testis as a potential target of INSL3...
- Molecular and genetic regulation of testis descent and external genitalia developmentThomas Klonisch
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Medical Faculty, Martin Luther University of Halle Wittenberg, Halle Saale, Germany
Dev Biol 270:1-18. 2004....
- The cellular localization of autotaxin impacts on its biological functions in human thyroid carcinoma cellsAnja Seifert
Institute of Medical Immunology, University of Halle Wittenberg, Halle Saale, Germany
Oncol Rep 19:1485-91. 2008....
- Expression of the epidermal growth factor seven-transmembrane member CD97 correlates with grading and staging in human oral squamous cell carcinomasTarek Mustafa
AG Experimentelle Chirurgie und Onkologie, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Magdeburger Strasse 18, 06097 Halle, Germany
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:108-19. 2005..The heterodimeric CD97 protein is a epidermal growth factor seven-transmembrane family member and was identified as a dedifferentiation marker in thyroid carcinomas. Nothing is known about CD97 in OSCCs. Material and..
- Role of glutaminyl cyclases in thyroid carcinomasAstrid Kehlen
Probiodrug AG, Weinbergweg 22, Halle, Saale, Germany
Endocr Relat Cancer 20:79-90. 2013..Our results reveal new evidence for a novel role of QC in thyroid carcinomas and provide an intriguing rationale for the use of QC inhibitors as a means of blocking pECCL2 formation and preventing thyroid cancer metastasis...
- Expression, regulation and function of autotaxin in thyroid carcinomasAstrid Kehlen
Institute of Medical Immunology, University of Halle Wittenberg, Halle, Germany
Int J Cancer 109:833-8. 2004..Further studies are needed to provide insight into the role of ATX in the normal and neoplastic thyroid gland...
- Cytoplasmic domain of proEGF affects distribution and post-translational modification of microtubuli and increases microtubule-associated proteins 1b and 2 production in human thyroid carcinoma cellsJanette Pyka
Clinics of Surgery, Medical Faculty, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Halle, Germany
Cancer Res 65:1343-51. 2005....
- Relaxin enhances the collagenolytic activity and in vitro invasiveness by upregulating matrix metalloproteinases in human thyroid carcinoma cellsJoanna Bialek
Clinics of General, Visceral and Vascular Surgery, Martin Luther University, Halle Saale, Saxony Anhalt, Germany
Mol Cancer Res 9:673-87. 2011..In conclusion, enhanced tumor cell invasion by RLN2 involves the formation of MT1-MMP-enriched invadopodia that lead to increased collagenolytic cell invasion by human thyroid cancer cells...
- Lysosomal acid hydrolases of the cathepsin family are novel targets of INSL3 in human thyroid carcinoma cellsJoanna Bialek
Clinics of General, Visceral, and Vascular Surgery, Martin Luther University, Halle Saale, Germany
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1160:361-6. 2009..Thus, we provide the first evidence that the INSL3 peptide can promote early tumor cell invasiveness in human thyroid carcinoma cells by enhancing their metabolic activity and elastin-degrading potential...
- INSL-3 is expressed in human hyperplastic and neoplastic thyrocytesSabine Hombach-Klonisch
Department of General, Visceral and Vascular Surgery, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, 06097 Halle, Germany
Int J Oncol 22:993-1001. 2003....
- Insulin-like factor 3 promotes wound healing at the ocular surfaceUlrike Hampel
Department of Anatomy II, Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen Nurnberg, Faculty of Medicine, Universitätsstrasse 19, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Endocrinology 154:2034-45. 2013..These findings suggest a novel and gender-specific role for INSL3 and cognate receptor RXFP2 signaling in ocular surface homeostasis and determined a novel role for hrINSL3 in corneal wound healing...
- CD82, and CD63 in thyroid cancerZhouxun Chen
Department of General, Visceral and Vascular Surgery, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Magdeburger Strasse 18, D 06097 Halle, Germany
Int J Mol Med 14:517-27. 2004..CD82 may serve as a prognostic marker of metastasis in thyroid cancer. Constitutive expression of CD63 may indicate that this factor does not play a direct role in thyroid carcinogenesis...
- The roe deer as a model for studying seasonal regulation of testis functionThomas Klonisch
Department of Human Anatomy and Cell Science, Medical Faculty, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Int J Androl 29:122-8. 2006..This report emphasizes the intricate relationship between seasonal cellular differentiation, intratesticular growth factor networks and their impact on the functional dynamics during the seasonal changes in roe deer testis...
- Relaxin-like peptides in cancerJosh D Silvertown
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Int J Cancer 107:513-9. 2003....
- Seasonal expression of INSL3 and Lgr8/Insl3 receptor transcripts indicates variable differentiation of Leydig cells in the roe deer testisSabine Hombach-Klonisch
Department of Human Anatomy and Cell Science, Faculty of Medicine, University of Mannitoba, Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Biol Reprod 71:1079-87. 2004..A complex functional role of the INSL3/LGR8 ligand-receptor system in the roe deer testis was suggested by the detection of specific hybridization signals for roe deer Lgr8 transcripts in Sertoli cells of the roe deer testis...
- INSL3 in the benign hyperplastic and neoplastic human prostate glandThomas Klonisch
Department of Human Anatomy and Cell Science, University of Manitoba, Faculty of Medicine, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3E 0W3, Canada
Int J Oncol 27:307-15. 2005..In conclusion, we have identified a functional INSL3-LGR8 ligand-receptor system in human prostate carcinoma cells...
- Developmental expression and gene regulation of insulin-like 3 receptor RXFP2 in mouse male reproductive organsShu Feng
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Biol Reprod 77:671-80. 2007..We determined the promoter region capable of providing the gubernacular-specific expression of Rxfp2. Analysis of RXFP2 promoter identified SOX9 as a new transcriptional enhancer of human gene expression...
- Relaxin enhances the oncogenic potential of human thyroid carcinoma cellsSabine Hombach-Klonisch
Department of Human Anatomy and Cell Science, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba, 130 Basic Medical Sciences, 730 William Ave, Winnipeg, MB, R3E 0W3, Canada
Am J Pathol 169:617-32. 2006..Thus, relaxin enhances the oncogenic potential and acts as novel endocrine modulator of invasiveness in human thyroid carcinoma cells...
- Relaxin-like ligand-receptor systems are autocrine/paracrine effectors in tumor cells and modulate cancer progression and tissue invasivenessThomas Klonisch
Department of Human Anatomy and Cell Science, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba, 130 Basic Medical Science Bldg, 730 William Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3E 0W3
Adv Exp Med Biol 612:104-18. 2007..This review presents recent new findings and emphasises the important functions of the relaxin/INSL3 ligand-receptor system as novel autocrine/paracrine effectors influencing tumor progression and tissue invasiveness...
- Expression of CD97 and CD55 in human medullary thyroid carcinomasTarek Mustafa
Universitätsklinik und Poliklinik für Allgemein, Viszeral und Gefässchirurgie AG Experimentelle and Chirurgische Onkologie, Martin Luther Universitat, Magdeburger Strasse 18, D 06097 Halle, Germany
Int J Oncol 24:285-94. 2004..CD97 and CD55 may facilitate adhesion of C-cell carcinoma to surrounding surfaces which would result in rapid tumor cell spread...
- Dioxin exerts anti-estrogenic actions in a novel dioxin-responsive telomerase-immortalized epithelial cell line of the porcine oviduct (TERT-OPEC)Sabine Hombach-Klonisch
Department of Human Anatomy and Cell Science, University of Manitoba, Faculty of Medicine, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Toxicol Sci 90:519-28. 2006..This action then alters the local endocrine milieu, potentially resulting in a largely unexplored cause of impaired embryonic development and female infertility...
- Protamine-1 and -2 mRNA in round spermatids is associated with RNA-binding proteinsKlaus Steger
Institute of Veterinary Anatomy, Frankfurter Strasse 98, 35392 Giessen, Germany
Histochem Cell Biol 117:227-34. 2002..Furthermore, the presence of RNA-binding proteins within the coding sequence of mRNAs demands proteinase K treatment prior to cDNA synthesis, a compelling necessity for the study of gene expression...