Uta Dorothee Immel
Affiliation: Martin Luther University
- Y chromosome polymorphisms and haplotypes in South Saxony-Anhalt (Germany)Uta Dorothee Immel
Department of Legal Medicine, Martin Luther University Halle, Franzosenweg 1, 06112 Halle, Saale, Germany
Forensic Sci Int 155:211-5. 2005..Two hundred and six different haplotypes were obtained. The haplotype diversity was 0.8915. Using AMOVA significant differences were observed to populations from Poland and Croatia...
- Y-chromosomal STR haplotype analysis reveals surname-associated strata in the East-German populationUta Dorothee Immel
Department of Legal Medicine, Martin Luther University, Halle Saale, Germany
Eur J Hum Genet 14:577-82. 2006..Our results suggest that surnames may provide a simple means to stratify, and thereby to render more efficient, Y-chromosomal analyses of Central Europeans that target more ancient events...
- TH01, a tetrameric short tandem repeat locus in the tyrosine hydroxylase gene: association with myocardial hypertrophy and death from myocardial infarction?Michael Klintschar
Institut fur Rechtsmedizin, Martin Luther Universitat Halle Wittenberg, Franzosenweg 1, 06097 Halle Saale, Germany
Dis Markers 21:9-13. 2005..This could be explained by a relatively small impact of the TH01 genotype on the blood pressure or by counteraction of another mechanism related to catecholamines and their effect on the human body...
- Fetal microchimerism in Hashimoto's thyroiditis: a quantitative approachMichael Klintschar
Institute of Legal Medicine, University Halle Wittenberg, Halle Saale, Germany
Eur J Endocrinol 154:237-41. 2006..The goal of the study was to reliably estimate the number of fetal engrafted cells and to further investigate factors influencing the development of MCH...
- Haplotype studies support slippage as the mechanism of germline mutations in short tandem repeatsMichael Klintschar
Institute of Legal Medicine, University Halle, Germany
Electrophoresis 25:3344-8. 2004..By doing so we were able to exclude UCO in each case. Moreover, we were able to identify the mutations as one-repeat contractions/expansions. Our data thus support slippage as the mechanism of germline mutations in STRs...
- Role of glutaminyl cyclases in thyroid carcinomasAstrid Kehlen
Probiodrug AG, Weinbergweg 22, Halle, Saale, Germany
Endocr Relat Cancer 20:79-90. 2013..Our results reveal new evidence for a novel role of QC in thyroid carcinomas and provide an intriguing rationale for the use of QC inhibitors as a means of blocking pECCL2 formation and preventing thyroid cancer metastasis...
- "Paterniplex", a highly discriminative decaplex STR multiplex tailored for investigating special problems in paternity testingThomas Betz
Institute for Legal Medicine, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Halle, Germany
Electrophoresis 28:3868-74. 2007....