Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Martin Luther University
- Xanthomonas AvrBs3 family-type III effectors: discovery and functionJens Boch
Department of Genetics, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, D 06099 Halle Saale, Germany
Annu Rev Phytopathol 48:419-36. 2010..Specificity of TAL effectors is determined by a novel modular DNA-binding domain. Here, we describe the discovery of TAL effectors and their structure, activity, and host targets...
- Breaking the code of DNA binding specificity of TAL-type III effectorsJens Boch
Department of Genetics, Institute of Biology, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Weinbergweg 10, D 06099 Halle Saale Germany
Science 326:1509-12. 2009..Our study describes the functionality of a distinct type of DNA binding domain and allows the design of DNA binding domains for biotechnology...
- Characterization of AvrBs3-like effectors from a Brassicaceae pathogen reveals virulence and avirulence activities and a protein with a novel repeat architectureSabine Kay
Institute of Genetics, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, D 06099 Halle, Saale, Germany
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 18:838-48. 2005..In addition, hax3 and hax4, but not hax2, have a Bs4-dependent avirulence activity in tomato and in transgenic Nicotiana benthamiana expressing the Bs4 resistance gene...
- Computational predictions provide insights into the biology of TAL effector target sitesJan Grau
Institute of Computer Science, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Halle Saale, Germany
PLoS Comput Biol 9:e1002962. 2013..TALgetter is implemented as part of the open-source Java library Jstacs, and is freely available as a web-application and a command line program...
- TAL effector-DNA specificityHeidi Scholze
Department of Genetics, Institute of Biology, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Halle, Germany
Virulence 1:428-32. 2010..The unique TAL-DNA binding domain allows design of proteins with potentially any given DNA recognition specificity enabling many uses for biotechnology...
- Promoter elements of rice susceptibility genes are bound and activated by specific TAL effectors from the bacterial blight pathogen, Xanthomonas oryzae pv. oryzaePatrick Römer
Institute of Biology, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, 06099 Halle Saale, Germany
New Phytol 187:1048-57. 2010..Our findings show that variations in the UPT boxes of different rice accessions correlate with susceptibility or resistance of these accessions to the bacterial blight pathogen...
- Transcriptional activators of human genes with programmable DNA-specificityRené Geissler
Section Microbial Biotechnology, Institute of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Halle Saale, Germany
PLoS ONE 6:e19509. 2011..The creation of TAL proteins with potentially any desired DNA-recognition specificity allows their versatile use in biotechnology...
- Insights into genome plasticity and pathogenicity of the plant pathogenic bacterium Xanthomonas campestris pv. vesicatoria revealed by the complete genome sequenceFrank Thieme
Martin Luther Universitat, Institut fur Genetik, Weinbergweg 10, D 06120 Halle Saale, Germany
J Bacteriol 187:7254-66. 2005..Comparisons with other completely sequenced plant pathogens predicted six novel type III effector proteins and several other virulence factors, including adhesins, cell wall-degrading enzymes, and extracellular polysaccharides...
- Type III secretion chaperones ShcS1 and ShcO1 from Pseudomonas syringae pv. tomato DC3000 bind more than one effectorUte Kabisch
Institute of Genetics, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, 06099 Halle Saale, Germany
Microbiology 151:269-80. 2005..In addition, ShcS1 is also able to form heterodimers with ShcO1. These data demonstrate that ShcS1 and ShcO1 are exceptional class IA TTS chaperones because they can bind more than one target effector...
- TAL effectors are remote controls for gene activationHeidi Scholze
Department of Genetics, Institute of Biology, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, 06099 Halle Saale, Germany
Curr Opin Microbiol 14:47-53. 2011..Rearrangement of repeat modules allows design of proteins with desired DNA-binding specificities. Here, we summarize how TAL specificity is encoded, first structural data and first data on site-specific TAL nucleases...
- Five phylogenetically close rice SWEET genes confer TAL effector-mediated susceptibility to Xanthomonas oryzae pv. oryzaeJana Streubel
Department of Genetics, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Weinbergweg 10, D 06120, Halle Saale, Germany
New Phytol 200:808-19. 2013..Our results demonstrate that five phylogenetically close SWEET proteins, which presumably act as sucrose transporters, can support Xoo virulence. ..
- TALENoffer: genome-wide TALEN off-target predictionJan Grau
Institute of Computer Science and Department of Genetics, Institute of Biology, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, D 06099 Halle Saale, Germany
Bioinformatics 29:2931-2. 2013..We show that TALENoffer successfully predicts known off-targets of engineered TALENs and yields a competitive runtime, scanning complete mammalian genomes within a few minutes...