Affiliation: Martin Luther University
- Functional characterization of serum-free cultured rat hepatocytes for downstream transplantation applicationsHendryk Aurich
Klinik und Poliklinik für Innere Medizin I, Martin Luther Universitaet Halle Wittenberg, Germany
Cell Transplant 14:497-506. 2005..The loss of hepatocyte-specific functions during culture may be restored after transplantation, suggesting that the proper physiological environment is required to maintain the differentiated phenotype...
- Propagation and functional characterization of serum-free cultured porcine hepatocytes for downstream applicationsChristian Schneider
Universitätsklinik und Poliklinik fuer Innere Medizin I, Martin Luther Universitaet Halle Wittenberg, 06097, Halle, Germany
Cell Tissue Res 323:433-42. 2006..This may also be achieved in a recipient liver after hepatocyte transplantation provided that the proper physiological environment for the maintenance of the differentiated hepatocyte phenotype is present...
- Serum-free cryopreservation of porcine hepatocytesPeggy Muller
Molecular Hepatology Unit, First Department of Internal Medicine, Center for Applied Medical and Human Biological Research, Martin Luther University at Halle Wittenberg, Halle Saale, Germany
Cell Tissue Res 317:45-56. 2004..The cells seem to function adequately when an appropriate environment is chosen for recovery after cryopreservation, an ultimate demand for the clinical application of human hepatocytes...
- Functional integration of hepatocytes derived from human mesenchymal stem cells into mouse liversInes Aurich
1st Department of Medicine, Heinrich Damerow Strasse 1, Martin Luther University of Halle Wittenberg, D 06120 Halle Saale, Germany
Gut 56:405-15. 2007..Hence, novel cell sources are required to deliver hepatocytes of adequate quality for clinical use. Mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) from human bone marrow may have the potential to differentiate into hepatocytes in vitro and in vivo...
- Hepatocyte differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells from rat peritoneal adipose tissue in vitro and in vivoMalte Sgodda
First Department of Medicine, Martin Luther University of Halle Wittenberg, Heinrich Damerow Strasse 1, Halle Saale, Germany
Exp Cell Res 313:2875-86. 2007..Thus, MSCs from rat peritoneal adipose tissue exhibit the potential to differentiate into hepatocyte-like cells in vitro and in vivo...
- Zonal expression of hepatocytic marker enzymes during liver repopulationSarah Koenig
Department of General Surgery, Faculty of Medicine and University Hospital, Georg August University Goettingen, 37099, Goettingen, Germany
Histochem Cell Biol 128:105-14. 2007..These results indicate the high degree of plasticity of gene expression in hepatocytes subjected to a change in microenvironment...