Andrea von Berg
Affiliation: Marien-Hospital Wesel
- Modified proteins in allergy preventionAndrea von Berg
Research Institute, Children s Department, Marien Hospital Wesel, Abteilung für Kinderheilkunde, Wesel, Germany
Nestle Nutr Workshop Ser Pediatr Program 64:239-47; discussion 247-57. 2009..Because more than 50% of allergic children do not have a family history of atopy, it would be worthwhile to consider primary allergy prevention with hydrolysates for all children who need supplementation to breastfeeding...
- Efficacy and safety of ipratropium bromide plus fenoterol inhaled via Respimat Soft Mist Inhaler vs. a conventional metered dose inhaler plus spacer in children with asthmaAndrea von Berg
Marien Hospital GmbH, Wesel, Germany
Pediatr Pulmonol 37:264-72. 2004..Use of Respimat SMI thus enables a 2-4-fold reduction in the nominal dose of IB/FEN, and obviates the need for a spacer...
- Certain hydrolyzed formulas reduce the incidence of atopic dermatitis but not that of asthma: three-year results of the German Infant Nutritional Intervention StudyAndrea von Berg
Department of Paediatrics, Marien Hospital Wesel, Wesel, Germany
J Allergy Clin Immunol 119:718-25. 2007..Recommendations for primary prevention of allergic diseases in high-risk children include feeding with hydrolyzed formulas if breast-feeding is insufficient...
- The concept of hypoallergenicity for atopy preventionAndrea von Berg
Research Institute for the Prevention of Allergies and Respiratory Diseases, Children s Department, Marien Hospital Wesel, Pastor Janssen Strasse 8 38, DE 46483 Wesel, Germany
Nestle Nutr Workshop Ser Pediatr Program 59:49-57; discussion 57-62. 2007....
- Peak inspiratory flow rates generated through the Novolizer and the Turbuhaler dry powder inhaler devices by children with stable asthmaAndrea von Berg
Research Institute for Prevention of Childrens Allergy and Respiratory Diseases, Marien Hospital, Wesel, Germany
J Aerosol Med 20:50-8. 2007..The flow rates achieved through the Novolizer allow for sufficient lung deposition even in children as young as 6 years...
- Preventive effect of hydrolyzed infant formulas persists until age 6 years: long-term results from the German Infant Nutritional Intervention Study (GINI)Andrea von Berg
Department of Pediatrics, Marien Hospital Wesel, Wesel, Germany
J Allergy Clin Immunol 121:1442-7. 2008..The long-term effect of nutritional intervention with hydrolyzed infant formulas on allergy development has not been sufficiently evaluated...
- Long-term effects of hydrolyzed protein infant formulas on growth--extended follow-up to 10 y of age: results from the German Infant Nutritional Intervention (GINI) studyPeter Rzehak
From Helmholtz Zentrum München, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Institute of Epidemiology, Neuherberg, Germany, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Am J Clin Nutr 94:1803S-1807S. 2011..No studies have been conducted in children up to the age of 10 y...
- The effect of hydrolyzed cow's milk formula for allergy prevention in the first year of life: the German Infant Nutritional Intervention Study, a randomized double-blind trialAndrea von Berg
Research Institute for Prevention of Allergies and Airway Diseases, Department of Paediatrics, Marien-Hospital Wesel, Wesel, Germany
J Allergy Clin Immunol 111:533-40. 2003..The preventive effect of each hydrolyzed formula needs to be clinically evaluated...
- Predictive value of food sensitization and filaggrin mutations in children with eczemaBirgit Filipiak-Pittroff
Institute of Epidemiology, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Neuherberg, Germany
J Allergy Clin Immunol 128:1235-1241.e5. 2011..It was reported that in infants with eczema and food sensitization, the presence of a filaggrin (FLG) null mutation predicts future asthma with a specificity and positive predictive value of 100%...
- Introduction of solid foodsAndrea von Berg
Research Institute for the Prevention of Allergies and Respiratory Diseases, Marien-Hospital-Wesel, Wesel, Germany
Nestle Nutr Workshop Ser Pediatr Program 57:125-31; discussion 132-4. 2006
- Add-on salmeterol compared to double dose fluticasone in pediatric asthma: a double-blind, randomized trial (VIAPAED)Monika Gappa
Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Pediatr Pulmonol 44:1132-42. 2009....
- Comparison of the efficacy and safety of ciclesonide 160 microg once daily vs. budesonide 400 microg once daily in children with asthmaAndrea von Berg
Marienhospital Wesel, Wesel, Germany
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 18:391-400. 2007..In addition, in children treated with ciclesonide there was significantly less reduction in body height and suppression of 24-h urinary cortisol excretion compared with children treated with budesonide after 12 wk...