Genomes and Genes
- Multi-locus stepwise regression: a haplotype-based algorithm for finding genetic associations applied to atopic dermatitisSven Knüppel
Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine Berlin Buch, Berlin, Germany
BMC Med Genet 13:8. 2012....
- S100 proteins in mouse and man: from evolution to function and pathology (including an update of the nomenclature)Ingo Marenholz
Division of Clinical Chemistry and Biochemistry, Department of Pediatrics, University of Zürich Steinwiesstrasse 75, 8032 Zurich, Switzerland
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 322:1111-22. 2004..An update of the S100 nomenclature is included, because some of the recently identified S100 genes and pseudogenes had to be renamed...
- S100A16, a ubiquitously expressed EF-hand protein which is up-regulated in tumorsIngo Marenholz
Division of Clinical Chemistry and Biochemistry, Department of Pediatrics, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 313:237-44. 2004..S100A16 was mapped within the S100 gene cluster on human chromosome 1q21, a region that is frequently rearranged in tumors...
- S100A1-deficient male mice exhibit increased exploratory activity and reduced anxiety-related responsesGabriele E Ackermann
Division of Clinical Chemistry and Biochemistry, Department of Pediatrics, University of Zurich, Steinwiesstrasse 75, 8032 Zurich, Switzerland
Biochim Biophys Acta 1763:1307-19. 2006..In avoidance-approach tests, predominantly male S100A1KO mice showed reduced anxiety-like responses and enhanced explorative activities. We conclude that S100A1 plays a role in modulating innate fear and exploration of novel stimuli...
- An update of the S100 nomenclatureIngo Marenholz
Pediatric Pneumology and Immunology, Charité Medical Faculty, Berlin, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1763:1282-3. 2006..Here we present the official and updated nomenclature of this protein family, approved by the HGNC (HUGO gene nomenclature committee) and ECS (European Calcium Society)...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of the human S100A14 gene encoding a novel member of the S100 familyAgnieszka Pietas
Institute of Pathology, University Hospital Charite, Berlin, Germany
Genomics 79:513-22. 2002....
- Isolation and characterization of human repetin, a member of the fused gene family of the epidermal differentiation complexMarcel Huber
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Invest Dermatol 124:998-1007. 2005..Finally, we show that EF hands are functional and reversibly bind Ca(2+). Our results indicate that repetin is indeed a member of the fused gene family similar to the prototypical members profilaggrin and trichohyalin...