- [Docetaxel (taxotere): current status of clinical development in non-small-cell bronchial carcinoma (NSCLC)]C Manegold
Thoraxklinik der LVA, Heidelberg
Med Klin (Munich) 93:16-21. 1998..Up until now it has primarily been used in clinical studies for both single agent- and combination chemotherapy being tested in a variety of different treatment regimens not only for advanced disease but also for early stage NSCLC...
- The causes and prognostic significance of low hemoglobin levels in tumor patientsC Manegold
Sektion Onkologie, Thoraxklinik Heidelberg Rohrbach, Germany
Strahlenther Onkol 174:17-9. 1998..Given the risks associated with transfusions, especially for tumor patients, recombinant erythropoietin holds promise for raising hemoglobin levels and thereby improving therapeutic efficacy and survival...
- Gemcitabine in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)C Manegold
Thoraxklinik der LVA, University Teaching Hospital, Heidelberg, Germany
Invest New Drugs 18:29-42. 2000..Investigations combining gemcitabine with radiation therapy are on-going. The following review will summarize results from representative Phase I/II and III studies using gemcitabine for NSCLC patients...
- Front-line treatment of advanced non-small-cell lung cancer with MTA (LY231514, pemetrexed disodium, ALIMTA) and cisplatin: a multicenter phase II trialC Manegold
Thoraxklinik Heidelberg GmBH, Germany
Ann Oncol 11:435-40. 2000..To evaluate the activity of MTA plus cisplatin in chemotherapy-naive patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Chemotherapy for advanced non-small cell lung cancer: standardsC Manegold
Department of Internal Medicine Medical Oncology, Thoraxklinik Heidelberg, Amalienstr 5, D 69126, Heidelberg, Germany
Lung Cancer 34:S165-70. 2001..Both studies demonstrated that Docetaxel 75 mg/m2 given every 3 weeks significantly prolongs survival, and offers clinically meaningful benefits to patients who have an acceptable performance status...
- Chemotherapy for advanced non-small cell lung cancerC Manegold
Department of Internal Medicine/Medical Oncology, Thoraxklinik, Heidelberg, Germany
Semin Oncol 28:1-6. 2001..This report, however, focuses on the use of chemotherapy in advanced disease. Semin Oncol 28 (suppl 7):1-6...
- Treatment of elderly patients with non-small-cell lung cancerC Manegold
Thorax Klinik-Heidelberg GmbH, Heidelberg, Germany
Oncology (Williston Park) 15:46-51. 2001..Clinical research with the new cytotoxic agents should be intensified to further define the most appropriate use for these drugs as single agents or in combination for the treatment of elderly patients...