- [Tibial tunnel enlargement after arthroscopic anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction]M Majewski
Orthopadische Universitatsklinik, Basel, Schweiz, Germany
Sportverletz Sportschaden 16:22-5. 2002
- Accelerated healing of the rat Achilles tendon in response to autologous conditioned serumMartin Majewski
Orthopädische Universitätsklinik Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Am J Sports Med 37:2117-25. 2009..Local administration of autologous conditioned serum (ACS) in patients with inflammatory, degenerative conditions has shown beneficial effects...
- Improvement of tendon repair using muscle grafts transduced with TGF-β1 cDNAMartin Majewski
Orthopadische Klinik, Universitat Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Eur Cell Mater 23:94-101; discussion 101-2. 2012..Thus localised TGF-β1 delivery via adenovirus-modified muscle grafts improved tendon healing in this rat model and holds promise for clinical application...
- Arthroscopic mobilization of the hip joint in children with aseptic necrosis of the femur headMartin Majewski
Clinic of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology, University Hospital Basel, Switzerland
J Pediatr Orthop B 19:135-9. 2010..Whether the arthroscopic findings will alter the treatment and prognosis of future patients has to be established with further studies...
- Rotatory stability of the knee after arthroscopic meniscus suture repair: a 5-to-17-year follow-up study of isolated medial and lateral meniscus tearsMartin Majewski
Kantonsspital Bruderholz, Bruderholz, Switzerland
Acta Orthop Belg 75:354-9. 2009..However, whether rotational stability will only be preserved due to meniscus repair and how much of the meniscus needs to be preserved in order to maintain the biomechanical stability of the knee remains unclear...
- Postoperative rehabilitation after percutaneous Achilles tendon repair: early functional therapy versus cast immobilizationM Majewski
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology, University Hospital, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Disabil Rehabil 30:1726-32. 2008..To report a comparative study on postoperative management following percutaneous repair of acute Achilles tendon ruptures...
- Ex vivo adenoviral transfer of bone morphogenetic protein 12 (BMP-12) cDNA improves Achilles tendon healing in a rat modelM Majewski
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology, Universitätsklinik Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Gene Ther 15:1139-46. 2008..Further development of this approach could have clinical applications...
- Avoiding sural nerve injuries during percutaneous Achilles tendon repairMartin Majewski
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kantonsspital Liestal, Rheinstrasse 26, CH 4410 Liestal, Switzerland
Am J Sports Med 34:793-8. 2006..Sural nerve injury is a reported risk during percutaneous repair of the Achilles tendon...
- Epidemiology of athletic knee injuries: A 10-year studyM Majewski
Clinic for Orthopaedic Surgery, Kantonsspital Liestal, Rheinstrasse 26, CH 4410 Liestal, Switzerland
Knee 13:184-8. 2006..LCL injury was associated with tennis and gymnastics, MCL with judo and skiing, ACL with handball and volleyball, PCL with handball, lateral meniscus with gymnastics and dancing, and medial meniscus with tennis and jogging...
- Midterm and long-term results after arthroscopic suture repair of isolated, longitudinal, vertical meniscal tears in stable kneesMartin Majewski
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology, Kantonsspital Bruderholz, Switzerland
Am J Sports Med 34:1072-6. 2006..The long-term outcome of meniscal suture repair has not been firmly established...
- Posterior femoral impingement causing polyethylene failure in total knee arthroplastyMartin Majewski
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
J Arthroplasty 17:524-6. 2002..The possible range of motion of an artificial joint, owing to its design, is less than the range of flexion sometimes reached clinically by the patient. This is a problem that should be solved by the industry in the near future...
- A new technique for arthroscopic management of painful stiff knee after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction due to femoral malpositionM Majewski
Orthopadische Universitatsklinik, Burgfelderstrasse 101, 4012 Basel, Switzerland
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 10:335-9. 2002..The radiological Lachman test and the KT-1000 test had a side-to-side difference of 2 mm. Based on these results, the proximal transplant shift seems to be a good alternative treatment for us at the present time...
- [Achilles tendon ruptures: 25 year's experience in sport-orthopedic treatment]M Majewski
Sportverletz Sportschaden 16:167-73. 2002..Minimal invasive percutaneous Achilles tendon repair is considerably better than conservative therapy with a high rate of re-rupture (9.8%) and better than the open surgical repair, which carries a higher risk of infection (2.2%)..
- [Value of sonography to monitor the course of Achilles tendon rupture after treatment--comparison of conservative therapy, percutaneous tendon adaptation, and open suture]M Majewski
Orthopädische Universitätsklinik Basel, Switzerland
Unfallchirurg 106:556-60. 2003..The quality of the healing and healed Achilles tendon and the relationship to their function cannot be studied with ultrasound, and this is not influenced by the choice of therapy...
- [Preliminary results after multiple knee injuries with operative reconstruction of chronic posterior-lateral instabilities]M Majewski
Orthopädische Universitätsklinik Basel, Switzerland
Z Orthop Ihre Grenzgeb 142:66-72. 2004..The operative treatment of posterior knee instability is a difficult problem and the literature does not offer methods as good as ACL reconstruction...
- Measurement of knee joint gaps without bone resection: "physiologic" extension and flexion gaps in total knee arthroplasty are asymmetric and unequal and anterior and posterior cruciate ligament resections produce different gap changesAndrej Maria Nowakowski
Orthopaedic Department, University of Basel, Spitalstrasse 21, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
J Orthop Res 30:522-7. 2012..ACL resection predominantly increased extension gaps, while PCL resection increased flexion gaps. Distraction force of 100 N per compartment appeared adequate; increasing to 200 N did not improve the results...
- Effect of BMP-12, TGF-β1 and autologous conditioned serum on growth factor expression in Achilles tendon healingPatricia E Heisterbach
Orthopadische Klinik, Behandlungszentrum Bewegungsapparat, Universitat Basel, Spitalstrasse 21, 4031, Basel, Switzerland
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 20:1907-14. 2012..Here, the role of growth factors during tendon healing in a rat model and their reaction to single and multiple growth factor treatment are explored...
- Structural and biomechanical characteristics after early mobilization in an Achilles tendon rupture model: operative versus nonoperative treatmentDaniel Krapf
Orthopaedic Department, Kantonsspital Aarau AG, Orthopadische Klinik, Aarau, Switzerland
Orthopedics 35:e1383-8. 2012..Conservative treatment resulted in superior histological findings but significant lengthening of the tendon in the early healing phase (weeks 1-8)...
- Development of a force-determining tensor to measure "physiologic knee ligament gaps" without bone resection using a total knee arthroplasty approachAndrej Maria Nowakowski
Orthopaedic Department, University of Basel, Spitalstrasse 21, 4031, Basel, Switzerland
J Orthop Sci 16:56-63. 2011..There are also no standards specifying which instruments (e.g., spacers, distractors, trial components, navigation systems) and particularly what degree of force should be used for gap distraction...
- Widening of the greater trochanteric physis in the immature skeleton: a radiographic sign of femoral osteomyelitis (2003:6b)Ueli Studler
Department of Radiology, University Hospital Basel, Switzerland
Eur Radiol 13:2238-40. 2003