- Comparison of the over-the-head, lateral and alternating positions during cardiopulmonary resuscitation performed by a single rescuer with a bag--valve--mask deviceStefan Maisch
Department of Anaesthesiology, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Emerg Med J 28:974-8. 2011..The aim of this study was to compare CPR quality of these three positions...
- Determination of functional residual capacity by oxygen washin-washout: a validation studyStefan Maisch
Department of Anaesthesiology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, 20246, Hamburg, Germany
Intensive Care Med 33:912-6. 2007..The system (LUFU, Drägerwerk AG, Lübeck, Germany) consists of an unmodified EVITA 4 ventilator, a side-stream paramagnetic oxygen sensor and a dedicated software...
- Compliance and dead space fraction indicate an optimal level of positive end-expiratory pressure after recruitment in anesthetized patientsStefan Maisch
Department of Anesthesiology, Universitaetsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, Germany
Anesth Analg 106:175-81, table of contents. 2008....
- The effects of lung recruitment on the Phase III slope of volumetric capnography in morbidly obese patientsStephan H Bohm
Clinic of Anesthesiology, University Hospital, Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Anesth Analg 109:151-9. 2009..In this study, we analyzed the effect of the alveolar recruitment strategy (ARS) and positive end-expiratory pressure (PEEP) titration on Phase III slope (S(III)) of volumetric capnography (VC) in morbidly obese patients...
- A comparison between over-the-head and standard cardiopulmonary resuscitation performed by two rescuers: a simulation studyStefan Maisch
Department of Anaesthesiology, Universitaetsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, Germany
J Emerg Med 39:369-76. 2010..2) Over-the-head CPR, with one rescuer performing chest compressions and ventilations from over the head and the other rescuer performing additional tasks...
- Suctioning through a double-lumen endotracheal tube helps to prevent alveolar collapse and to preserve ventilationHajo Reissmann
Department of Anesthesiology, Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, Germany
Intensive Care Med 31:431-40. 2005..Separately extending the patient tubing limbs of a suitable ventilator into the trachea via a double-lumen ETT should maintain P(tr). Can this technique reduce the side effects?..
- Heart-lung interactions measured by electrical impedance tomographyStefan Maisch
Department of Anesthesiology, Center of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Hamburg Eppendorf, Germany
Crit Care Med 39:2173-6. 2011....
- Single-channel electroencephalography of epileptic seizures in the out-of-hospital setting: an observational studyRainer Nitzschke
Center of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Department of Anaesthesiology, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Emerg Med J 29:536-43. 2012..To evaluate whether single-channel electroencephalography (EEG) recording can be conducted in the out-of-hospital setting and whether it can be used to record electrographic signs of convulsive epileptic seizures...
- Monitoring of functional residual capacity by an oxygen washin/washout; technical description and evaluationDieter Weismann
Dragerwerk AG, Moislinger Allee 53 55, 23542 Lübeck, Germany
J Clin Monit Comput 20:251-60. 2006..Such a method is required to work with conventional ventilator breathing systems and to use only medical grade sensors...
- Lung recruitment improves the efficiency of ventilation and gas exchange during one-lung ventilation anesthesiaGerardo Tusman
Department of Anesthesiology, Hospital Privado de Comunidad, Mar del Plata, Argentina
Anesth Analg 98:1604-9, table of contents. 2004..In conclusion, ARS improves gas exchange and ventilation efficiency during OLV...