A K Ludwig
- Antenatal care in singleton pregnancies after ICSI as compared to spontaneous conception: data from a prospective controlled cohort study in GermanyA K Ludwig
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Institute of Cancer Epidemiology, University of Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck, Germany
Hum Reprod 21:713-20. 2006..The aim was to compare the antenatal care and the intake of vitamins and medications of infertility patients with singleton pregnancies after ICSI to women with a spontaneously conceived singleton pregnancy...
- Impact of glycemic variations on the regulation of androgen metabolism in obese women with polycystic ovary syndromeAnnika K Ludwig
Center for Hormonal and Metabolic Disease, Reproductive Medicine, Gynecologic Endocrinology, and Prenatal Medicine, Endokrinologikum Hamburg, Lornsenstrasse 4 6, Hamburg, Germany
Fertil Steril 92:271-6. 2009..To assess the influence of alterations in glucose concentrations on androgen levels in patients with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and in healthy controls...
- Neuromotor development and mental health at 5.5 years of age of singletons born at term after intracytoplasmatic sperm injection ICSI: results of a prospective controlled single-blinded study in GermanyAnnika Ludwig
Zentrum für Hormon und Stoffwechselerkrankungen, Reproduktionsmedizin und Gynäkologische Endokrinologie, Endokrinologikum Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
Fertil Steril 91:125-32. 2009..To assess the neurodevelopmental health of children born after intracytoplasmatic sperm injection (ICSI)...
- Physical health at 5.5 years of age of term-born singletons after intracytoplasmic sperm injection: results of a prospective, controlled, single-blinded studyAnnika K Ludwig
Department of Prenatal Medicine, Endokrinologikum Hamburg, Lornsenstr 4 6, 22767 Hamburg, Germany
Fertil Steril 91:115-24. 2009..To study the health of children born after ICSI and of spontaneously conceived control children at the age of 4-6 years...
- Influence of hypo- and hyperglycaemia on plasma leptin concentrations in healthy women and in women with polycystic ovary syndromeA K Ludwig
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, University of Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, 23538 Lubeck, Germany
Hum Reprod 22:1555-61. 2007..It is not yet known whether the long-term insulin resistance as found in PCOS patients alters the leptin response to hypo- and hyperglycaemia...
- Perioperative and post-operative complications of transvaginal ultrasound-guided oocyte retrieval: prospective study of >1000 oocyte retrievalsA K Ludwig
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, University of Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, Lubeck 23538, Germany
Hum Reprod 21:3235-40. 2006..Although transvaginal ultrasound-guided oocyte retrievals (OR) are performed routinely worldwide, there is very little systematic data about its complications...
- Post-neonatal health and development of children born after assisted reproduction: a systematic review of controlled studiesA K Ludwig
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, University of Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck, Germany
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 127:3-25. 2006..However, low birth weight and prematurity contributes to health care problems. An increase of neurological problems by IVF cannot be excluded. Further prospective studies on the neurological outcome are needed...
- The value of pronuclear scoring for the success of IVF and ICSI-cyclesA K Ludwig
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University Clinic Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, 23538 Lubeck, Germany
Arch Gynecol Obstet 273:346-54. 2006..Pronuclear scoring helps to identify good quality embryos already at the pronuclear stage. There are no data available, however, to demonstrate whether patients benefit from a higher pregnancy rate after pronuclear scoring...
- The process of decision making in reproductive medicineAnnika K Ludwig
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University Clinic Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck, Lubeck, Germany
Semin Reprod Med 23:348-53. 2005..Couples who have undergone at least six IVF cycles should be counseled to discontinue therapy. The treatment program should be as individualized as possible, with individual counseling that is adapted after each single treatment cycle...
- Assessment of vision and hearing in children conceived spontaneously and by ICSI: a prospective controlled, single-blinded follow-up studyA K Ludwig
Zentrum für Hormon und Stoffwechselerkrankungen, Reproduktionsmedizin und Pränatale Medizin, Endokrinologikum Hamburg, Lornsenstr 4 6, 22767 Hamburg, Germany
Reprod Biomed Online 20:391-7. 2010..But only few parents knew about hearing problems of their child after undergoing routine screening examinations. Parental interviews would therefore not be sufficient in order to assess vision and hearing in follow-up studies...
- Spontaneous pregnancy after successful ICSI treatment: evaluation of risk factors in 899 families in GermanyA K Ludwig
Zentrum für Hormon und Stoffwechselerkrankungen, Reproduktionsmedizin und Pränatale Medizin, Endokrinologikum Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
Reprod Biomed Online 17:403-9. 2008..Therefore, it is important to counsel patients about the possibility of natural conception and necessity to use contraception despite their history of subfertility...
- [Follow-up of children with prenatal diagnosis of supraventricular extrasystole]A K Ludwig
Endokrinologikum Hamburg, Zentrum für Hormon und Stoffwechselerkrankungen, Reproduktionsmedizin und Pränatale Medizin, Hamburg
Ultraschall Med 30:564-70. 2009....
- Elective cryopreservation of all pronuclear oocytes after GnRH agonist triggering of final oocyte maturation in patients at risk of developing OHSS: a prospective, observational proof-of-concept studyG Griesinger
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Clinic of Schleswig Holstein, Campus Luebeck, Luebeck, Germany
Hum Reprod 22:1348-52. 2007..As the efficacy of this measure in fresh embryo transfer (ET) cycles is unclear, we evaluated a new clinical concept of GnRH-agonist triggering...