- Enumeration of Campylobacter spp. on the surface and within chicken breast filletsP Luber
Federal Institute for Risk Assessment BfR, Division of Biological Safety, Berlin, Germany
J Appl Microbiol 102:313-8. 2007..To investigate how many Campylobacter bacteria are present on the surface and inside chicken breast fillets, with a focus on generating data distributions which can be used in risk assessments for this pathogen-commodity combination...
- Cross-contamination versus undercooking of poultry meat or eggs - which risks need to be managed first?Petra Luber
Federal Office of Consumer Protection and Food Safety, Mauerstrasse 39 42, D 10117 Berlin, Germany
Int J Food Microbiol 134:21-8. 2009..Risk management options are discussed against the background of risk communication strategies used in different countries...
- Quantification of campylobacter species cross-contamination during handling of contaminated fresh chicken parts in kitchensPetra Luber
Federal Institute for Risk Assessment, Berlin, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 72:66-70. 2006..3%) was significantly smaller (P < 0.01) than the percentage transferred from filets to the cutting board and knife (1.1%). Average transfer rates from hands or kitchen utensils to ready-to-eat foods ranged from 2.9 to 27.5%...
- Antimicrobial resistance in Campylobacter jejuni and Campylobacter coli strains isolated in 1991 and 2001-2002 from poultry and humans in Berlin, GermanyPetra Luber
Division of Food Hygiene, Federal Institute for Risk Assessment BfR, D 12277 Berlin, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:3825-30. 2003....
- Comparison of broth microdilution, E Test, and agar dilution methods for antibiotic susceptibility testing of Campylobacter jejuni and Campylobacter coliPetra Luber
Division of Food Hygiene, Federal Institute for Risk Assessment, D 12277 Berlin, Germany
J Clin Microbiol 41:1062-8. 2003..jejuni and C. coli, and it may offer an interesting alternative to MIC determination by the agar dilution technique or the E test...
- Analysis of gyrA mutations in quinolone-resistant and -susceptible Campylobacter jejuni isolates from retail poultry and human clinical isolates by non-radioactive single-strand conformation polymorphism analysis and DNA sequencingL Beckmann
Bundesinstitut für Risikobewertung BfR, Diedersdorfer Weg 1, Berlin, Germany
J Appl Microbiol 96:1040-7. 2004....