- Brain activation in motor sequence learning is related to the level of native cortical excitabilitySilke Lissek
Department of Neurology, BG Kliniken Bergmannsheil, Ruhr University Bochum, Bochum, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e61863. 2013..The higher BOLD mean signal intensity during the motor task might reflect a compensatory mechanism in CElo participants...
- Sex differences in cortical and subcortical recruitment during simple and complex motor control: an fMRI studySilke Lissek
Department of Neurology, Ruhr University Bochum, BG Kliniken Bergmannsheil, D 44789 Bochum, Germany
Neuroimage 37:912-26. 2007....
- Cooperation and deception recruit different subsets of the theory-of-mind networkSilke Lissek
Department of Neurology, Ruhr University Bochum, BG Kliniken Bergmannsheil, Bochum, Germany
PLoS ONE 3:e2023. 2008..These results indicate an important role for prefrontal cortex in processing a mismatch between a character's intention and another's expectations as required in complex social interactions...
- An fMRI study of "theory of mind" in at-risk states of psychosis: comparison with manifest schizophrenia and healthy controlsMartin Brune
Research Department of Cognitive Neuropsychiatry and Psychiatric Preventive Medicine, Ruhr University Bochum, LWL University Hospital, Germany
Neuroimage 55:329-37. 2011..We therefore examined ToM in subjects at risk of developing psychosis using an fMRI paradigm and compared brain activations with those of patients with manifest schizophrenia and healthy controls...
- An fMRI study of theory of mind in schizophrenic patients with "passivity" symptomsMartin Brune
Department of Psychiatry, Ruhr University Bochum, LWL Hospital, Alexandrinenstr 1, 44791 Bochum, Germany
Neuropsychologia 46:1992-2001. 2008..These findings suggest abnormal activation of those brain areas involved in the evaluation of self-reference during mental state attribution...
- Mentalizing in preclinical Huntington's disease: an fMRI study using cartoon picture storiesCarsten Saft
Department of Neurology, Huntington Centre NRW, Ruhr University Bochum, St Josef Hospital, Gudrunstr 56, 44791, Bochum, Germany
Brain Imaging Behav 7:154-62. 2013..This suggests that impaired mentalizing emerges with the clinical manifestation of the disease, but is not necessarily part of the pre-manifest stage...
- Differential reward processing in subtypes of adult attention deficit hyperactivity disorderMarc Andreas Edel
Dept of Psychiatry, Ruhr University Bochum, LWL University Hospital, Bochum, Alexandrinenstr 1, 44791 Bochum, Germany
J Psychiatr Res 47:350-6. 2013..This study sought to compare neural activations in the ventral striatum (VS) and prefrontal regions during reward processing in homogenous ADHD subtype groups and healthy adults, using the MID task...
- Alterations of theory of mind network activation in chronic cannabis usersPatrik Roser
Department of Psychiatry, LWL University Hospital, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
Schizophr Res 139:19-26. 2012..These activation patterns resemble those found in at-risk populations, suggesting that cannabis use can affect the processing of social information similar to other risk factor constellations for psychosis...
- Altered ventral striatal activation during reward and punishment processing in premanifest Huntington's disease: a functional magnetic resonance studyBjörn Enzi
Department of Psychiatry, Psychotherapy and Preventive Medicine, LWL University Hospital Bochum, Ruhr University Bochum, Bochum, Germany
Exp Neurol 235:256-64. 2012..Altered reward and punishment processing could therefore reflect a motivational deficit that may contribute to the pathogenesis of Huntington's disease...
- Immobilization impairs tactile perception and shrinks somatosensory cortical mapsSilke Lissek
Department of Neurology, BG Kliniken Bergmannsheil, Ruhr University, D 44780 Bochum, Germany
Curr Biol 19:837-42. 2009..These findings suggest that brief periods of reduced use of a limb have overt consequences and thus constitute a significant driving force of brain organization equivalent to enhanced use...
- Sustained increase of somatosensory cortex excitability by tactile coactivation studied by paired median nerve stimulation in humans correlates with perceptual gainOliver Höffken
Department of Neurology, BG Kliniken Bergmannsheil, Buerkle de la Camp Platz 1, 44789 Bochum, Germany
J Physiol 584:463-71. 2007..Conceivably, changes of cortical excitability seem to constitute an additional important marker and mechanism underlying plastic reorganization...
- Out of context: NMDA receptor antagonism in the avian 'prefrontal cortex' impairs context processing in a conditional discrimination taskSilke Lissek
Institute for Cognitive Neuroscience, Faculty of Psychology, Department of Biopsychology, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Bochum, Germany
Behav Neurosci 119:797-805. 2005..Therefore, NMDA receptors in the avian PFC participate in response selection requiring context processing rather than in response selection per se...
- Hippocampal activation during extinction learning predicts occurrence of the renewal effect in extinction recallSilke Lissek
Department of Neurology, BG University Hospital Bergmannsheil, Ruhr Universitaet Bochum, Bochum, Germany Electronic address
Neuroimage 81:131-43. 2013....
- Maintenance in working memory or response selection? Functions of NMDA receptors in the pigeon "prefrontal cortex"Silke Lissek
Department of Biopsychology, Faculty of Psychology, Institute for Cognitive Neuroscience, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, 44780 Bochum, Germany
Behav Brain Res 153:497-506. 2004..We conclude that NMDA receptors in the pigeon NCL participate in response selection rather than stimulus maintenance in tasks requiring the processing of context information...