R P Linke
- Selection of D-amino-acid peptides that bind to Alzheimer's disease amyloid peptide abeta1-42 by mirror image phage displayKatja Wiesehan
, IBI-2, , Germany
Chembiochem 4:748-53. 2003..Fibrillar deposits derived from other amyloidosis were not labeled by D-pep. Possible applications of this novel and highly specific Abeta ligand in diagnosis and therapy of Alzheimer's disease are discussed...
- Senile seminal vesicle amyloid is derived from semenogelin IReinhold P Linke
Department of Structural Research, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Martinsried, Germany
J Lab Clin Med 145:187-93. 2005..The results of our research provide unequivocal evidence that SSVA is derived from SgI, and we provisionally designate this form of amyloidosis as ASgI...
- Indications for high-dose chemotherapy with autologous stem cell support in patients with systemic amyloid light chain amyloidosisStefan O Schonland
Department of Internal Medicine V Hematology, Oncology and Rheumatology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Transplantation 80:S160-3. 2005..Here we review recent results of ASCT, eligibility criteria for HDM and report our own treatment results in 41 patients...
- Production of recombinant human beta2-microglobulin for scintigraphic diagnosis of amyloidosis in uremia and hemodialysisR P Linke
Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Martinsried, Germany
Eur J Biochem 267:627-33. 2000..Finally, the use of indium-111 instead of iodine-131 has reduced the radioactive load and resulted in higher resolution...
- Highly sensitive diagnosis of amyloid and various amyloid syndromes using Congo red fluorescenceR P Linke
Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Martinsried, Germany
Virchows Arch 436:439-48. 2000..This method can, therefore, allow the earliest diagnosis and classification of amyloid, which is a good basis for an amyloid class-specific therapy while organ damage is still minimal...
- Severe problems in diagnosing amyloid diseasesReinhold P Linke
, Martinsried, Germany
Acta Histochem 105:373-5. 2003
- Classification of amyloidosis: misdiagnosing by way of incomplete immunohistochemistry and how to prevent itReinhold P Linke
Department of Structural Studies, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Am Klopferspitz 18a, D 82152 Martinsried, Germany
Acta Histochem 108:197-208. 2006..It is the purpose of this report to analyze such cases and to document some of the typical mistakes. Here, we show how to avoid common pitfalls and how one can arrive at a correct diagnosis using immunohistochemistry appropriately...
- A new isoleucine substitution of Val-20 in transthyretin tetramers selectively impairs dimer-dimer contacts and causes systemic amyloidosisD E Jenne
Max Planck Institut fur Psychiatrie, Abteilung Neuroimmunologie, Martinsried, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:6302-7. 1996....
- [Interdisciplinary guidelines for the diagnosis and therapy of extracerebral amyloidosis]Reinhold P Linke
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 131:2795-6; author reply 2796. 2006
- Genetic microheterogeneity of human transthyretin detected by IEFKlaus Altland
Institut fur Humangenetik, Justus Liebig Universitat, Giessen, Germany
Electrophoresis 28:2053-64. 2007..All types of amyloidogenic mutations affected the stability of TTR tetramers...
- [Systemic ALlambda amyloidosis associated with vascular fragility]Martin Laimer
, , Osterreich
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 2:934-9. 2004..This approach led to a significant improvement in relevant parameters. Recent advances in diagnosis, monitoring and therapy have made it easier to manage patients with amyloidosis with their poor prognosis...
- Histochemical and topo-optical investigations on tissue-isolated and in vitro amyloid fibrilsThomas R Appel
Leibniz Institute of Molecular Biotechnology, Jena, Germany
Amyloid 12:174-83. 2005....
- Raft lipids as common components of human extracellular amyloid fibrilsGerald P Gellermann
, Beutenbergstrasse 11, 07745 Jena, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:6297-302. 2005..These data suggest the existence of common cellular mechanisms in the generation of different types of clinical amyloid deposits...
- High-dose melphalan with autologous stem cell transplantation after VAD induction chemotherapy for treatment of amyloid light chain amyloidosis: a single centre prospective phase II studyJolanta B Perz
Department of Haematology Oncology, Clinic of Internal Medicine, University of Heidelberg, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Br J Haematol 127:543-51. 2004..We could not show an additional benefit of VAD induction in terms of increasing haematological response rate; however the 13% mortality rate after HDM and ASCT in our series was lower than the previous report...
- Ptosis from localized A-lambda-amyloid deposits in the levator palpebrae muscleStefan Dithmar
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Ophthalmology 111:1043-7. 2004..To describe a patient with unilateral ptosis caused by localized amyloid deposits of immunoglobulin lambda-light chains (A-lambda-amyloid) in the levator palpebrae muscle...
- No regression of renal AL amyloid in monoclonal gammopathy after successful autologous blood stem cell transplantation and significant clinical improvementMartin Zeier
Department of Medicine Nephrology, University of Heidelberg, Bergheimerstrasse 56a, D 69115 Heidelberg, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 18:2644-7. 2003..High-dose chemotherapy followed by autologous blood stem cell transplantation induces remission of plasma cell dyscrasia in patients with AL amyloidosis. The impact of this treatment on the glomerular amyloid mass is still unknown...
- 99mTc-DPD scintigraphy in transthyretin-related familial amyloidotic polyneuropathyMax Puille
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 29:376-9. 2002..99mTc-DPD scintigraphy is proposed as a simple and valuable diagnostic aid to evaluate the severity of the disease and the risk of concomitant heart problems...
- Transthyretin valine-94-alanine, a novel variant associated with late-onset systemic amyloidosis with cardiac involvementArnt V Kristen
Department of Cardiology, Medical University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Amyloid 14:283-7. 2007..Final clinical assessment of severity of cardiac involvement in the present patient is rendered complex by possible concomitant or preceding idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy...