- Anxiety- and novelty seeking-related personality traits and serotonin transporter gene polymorphismsStefan Viktor Vormfelde
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Georg August University, University Medical Centre, Robert Koch Str 40, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
J Psychiatr Res 40:568-76. 2006....
- Acupuncture treatment of chronic low-back pain -- a randomized, blinded, placebo-controlled trial with 9-month follow-upEric Leibing
Department of Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, Georg August University Goettingen, Goettingen, Germany
Pain 96:189-96. 2002..The trial demonstrated a placebo effect of traditional acupuncture in chronic LBP...
- Reliability, validity and responsiveness of the EQ-5D in assessing and valuing health status in patients with social phobiaMichael Sonntag
Department of Health Economics and Health Services Research, Hamburg Center for Health Economics, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistr, 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Health Qual Life Outcomes 11:215. 2013..The aim of the study was to analyse the psychometric properties of the EQ-5D in patients with social phobia...
- Transfer of manualized CBT for social phobia into clinical practice (SOPHO-PRAX): a study protocol for a cluster-randomized controlled trialStephen Crawcour
Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Technische Universität University of Technology Dresden, Institutsambulanz und Tagesklinik IAP TUD GmbH, Hohe Strasse 53, 01187, Dresden, Germany
Trials 13:70. 2012..The present study (SOPHO-PRAX) is a continuation of a large multicenter randomized clinical trial (SOPHO-NET) and analyzes the extent to which additional training practitioners in manualized procedures enhances treatment effect...
- Cognitive-behavioral treatment in unselected rheumatoid arthritis outpatientsE Leibing
Department of Psychosomatics, Psychotherapy, Georg August University, Goettingen, Germany
Clin J Pain 15:58-66. 1999..This trial was performed to evaluate the efficacy of an adjunctive cognitive-behavioral treatment compared with rheumatological treatment alone in unselected rheumatoid arthritis outpatients...
- [Coping and appraisal in rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia patients]Eric Leibing
Abteilung fur Psychosomatik und Psychotherapie, Georg August Universitat, 37075 Gottingen, von Siebold Str 4, Germany
Z Psychosom Med Psychother 49:20-35. 2003..This study evaluates the differences between rheumatoid arthritis (N = 70) and fibromyalgia (N = 74) outpatients in regard to coping and appraisal, and the relationship between appraisal, coping and adaptation in general...
- Dimensions of personality--relationship between DSM-IV personality disorder symptoms, the five-factor model, and the biosocial model of personalityEric Leibing
Department of Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, Georg August University, Goettingen, Germany
J Pers Disord 22:101-8. 2008..Asocial, Antisocial, and Disorderly vs. Anankastic. The results of this study support the presence of four factors in the description of adaptive as well as maladaptive personality traits...
- Short-term psychodynamic psychotherapy and cognitive-behavioral therapy in generalized anxiety disorder: a randomized, controlled trialFalk Leichsenring
Department of Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Giessen, Germany
Am J Psychiatry 166:875-81. 2009..The aim of this study was to compare short-term psychodynamic psychotherapy and CBT with regard to treatment outcome in generalized anxiety disorder...
- Interpersonal subtypes within generalized anxiety disorderSimone Salzer
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, Georg August University Goettingen, Germany
J Pers Assess 90:292-9. 2008..Thus, the assessment of interpersonal problems provides additional diagnostic information covering the heterogeneity of GAD patients. This information could be used for differential indication and individual case formulation in GAD...
- Diagnostic groups and depressed mood as predictors of 22-month mortality in medical inpatientsC Herrmann
Department of Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, University of Gottingen, Germany
Psychosom Med 60:570-7. 1998....
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy and psychodynamic psychotherapy: techniques, efficacy, and indicationsFalk Leichsenring
Clinic of Tiefenbrunn, University of Goettingen, Germany
Am J Psychother 60:233-59. 2006..Psychotherapeutic techniques, major indications, and empirical evidence will be presented. The focus will be on empirically supported models of treatment...
- [The generalized anxiety disorder--disease pattern, diagnostics and therapy]Falk Leichsenring
Klinik für Psychosomatik und Psychotherapie, Von Siebold Str 5, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Z Psychosom Med Psychother 48:235-55. 2002..This may be linked to the less dramatic symptomatology and the diagnostic criteria which were first clearly defined by DSM-IIIR and ICD-10. This article reviews diagnostics, epidemiology and current research on psychotherapy in GAD...
- Patterns of interpersonal problems and their improvement in depressive and anxious patients treated with psychoanalytic therapySimone Salzer
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, Georg August University Goettingen
Bull Menninger Clin 74:283-300. 2010..Psychoanalytic therapy was highly effective for all identified interpersonal subtypes and seems to help patients achieve more satisfactory relationships...
- [The relationship between interpersonal subtypes and the modification of interpersonal problems in psychotherapy inpatients]Simone Salzer
Abteilung Psychosomatische Medizin und Psychotherapie, Universitatsmedizin Gottingen, Von Siebold Str 5, 37075 Gottingen
Z Psychosom Med Psychother 56:191-206. 2010..We examined whether interpersonal subtypes can be found in inpatients, and whether they differ in the modification of interpersonal problems. Furthermore, we examined the impact of subtypes regarding overall outcome...
- Reduced amygdalar and hippocampal size in adults with generalized social phobiaEva Irle
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
J Psychiatry Neurosci 35:126-31. 2010..Structural and functional brain imaging studies suggest abnormalities of the amygdala and hippocampus in posttraumatic stress disorder and major depressive disorder. However, structural brain imaging studies in social phobia are lacking...
- The effectiveness of psychodynamic therapy and cognitive behavior therapy in the treatment of personality disorders: a meta-analysisFalk Leichsenring
Department of Psychosomatics, University of Gottingen, Germany
Am J Psychiatry 160:1223-32. 2003..The authors conducted a meta-analysis to address the effectiveness of psychodynamic therapy and cognitive behavior therapy in the treatment of personality disorders...
- The efficacy of short-term psychodynamic psychotherapy in specific psychiatric disorders: a meta-analysisFalk Leichsenring
Clinic of Tiefenbrunn, University of Goettingen, Goettingen, Germany
Arch Gen Psychiatry 61:1208-16. 2004..The efficacy of psychodynamic therapy is controversial. Previous meta-analyses have reported discrepant results...
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy for social phobia: a treatment manual based on supportive-expressive therapyFalk Leichsenring
Clinic of Tiefenbrunn, Goettingen, Germany
Bull Menninger Clin 71:56-83. 2007..The treatment manual is presently being used in a large-scale randomized controlled multicenter study comparing short-term psychodynamic psychotherapy and cognitive-behavioral therapy in the treatment of social phobia...
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy: a systematic review of techniques, indications and empirical evidenceFalk Leichsenring
Clinic of Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, University of Goettingen, Goettingen, Germany
Psychol Psychother 80:217-28. 2007..Evidence is reviewed for both efficacy and mechanisms of change of short- and moderate-term psychodynamic psychotherapy. Furthermore, results of effectiveness studies of long-term psychoanalytic therapy are reviewed...
- Comment on: Molsberger AF, Mau J, Pawelec DB, Winkler J. Does acupuncture improve the orthopedic management of chronic low back pain? Pain 2002; 99:579-87Eric Leibing
Pain 104:425-6; author reply 426-7. 2003
- [What follows the diagnosis of a somatoform disorder?--An empirical study on health condition and health care utilisation two to four years after psychosomatic consultation in a university hospital]Isa Sammet
Abteilung Psychosomatische Medizin und Psychotherapie, Innere Medizin VI, Universitat Tubingen, Tubingen
Psychother Psychosom Med Psychol 57:462-8. 2007..New concepts of psychosomatic consultation services have to be realized in cooperation with general practitioners. They should focus on motivating patients for psychotherapy...