- Assessment of the DNA damaging potency and chemopreventive effects towards BaP-induced genotoxicity in human derived cells by Monimiastrum globosum, an endemic Mauritian plantVolker Mersch-Sundermann
Institute of Indoor and Environmental Toxicology, Faculty of Medicine, Justus Liebig University of Giessen, Giessen, Germany
Toxicol In Vitro 20:1427-34. 2006..2 microg/g FW) and myricetin (2.5 microg/g FW). The antioxidant activity of the extract of M. globosum, assessed by the FRAP and TEAC assays yielded values of 275+/-3.82 micromol/g FW and 346+/-4.2 micromol/g FW, respectively...
- Ethanol enhanced the genotoxicity of acrylamide in human, metabolically competent HepG2 cells by CYP2E1 induction and glutathione depletionEvelyn Lamy
Institute of Indoor and Environmental Toxicology, University of Giessen, Aulweg 123, 35385 Giessen, Germany
Int J Hyg Environ Health 211:74-81. 2008..Even though the concentrations used in this study were rather high, consequences for the dietary intake of AA-containing food and alcoholic beverages should be discussed...
- 3-Nitrobenzanthrone (3-NBA) induced micronucleus formation and DNA damage in human hepatoma (HepG2) cellsEvelyn Lamy
Department of Indoor and Environmental Toxicology, University of Giessen, University Hospital, Aulweg 123, 35385 Giessen, Germany
Toxicol Lett 146:103-9. 2004..7+/-0.45 and %DNA in the tail of 8.28+/-0.76; OTM and %DNA in the tail of cells treated with the negative control were 0.73+/-0.08 and 2.81+/-0.30, respectively. The results are discussed under consideration of former studies...
- Molecular effects of fermented papaya preparation on oxidative damage, MAP Kinase activation and modulation of the benzo[a]pyrene mediated genotoxicityOkezie I Aruoma
Faculty of Health and Social Care, London South Bank University, 103 Borough Road, London, UK
Biofactors 26:147-59. 2006..A significant reduction (P < or = 0.05) of DNA damage was observed at concentrations > or = 10 microg/ml FPP, with 50 microg/ml FPP reducing the genotoxic effect of H2O2 by about 1.5-fold compared to only H2O2 exposed cells...
- Antigenotoxic properties of Eruca sativa (rocket plant), erucin and erysolin in human hepatoma (HepG2) cells towards benzo(a)pyrene and their mode of actionEvelyn Lamy
University Medical Center Freiburg, Institute of Environmental Medicine and Hospital Hygiene, Breisacher Strasse 115B, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Food Chem Toxicol 46:2415-21. 2008..This could help to evaluate the balance between beneficial vs. possible adverse effects of rocket plant consumption...