- Malaria prophylaxis policy for travellers from Europe to the Indian SubcontinentR H Behrens
Hospital for Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK
Malar J 5:7. 2006..The group recommended non-selective prescribing of chemoprophylaxis for visitors to India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka should be dropped...
- Molecular surveillance of the antifolate-resistant mutation I164L in imported African isolates of Plasmodium falciparum in Europe: sentinel data from TropNetEuropOle Wichmann
Institute of Tropical Medicine, Charite, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Malar J 2:17. 2003..The objective of this study was to assess the prevalence of this mutation in African isolates of Plasmodium falciparum that have been imported into Europe through travellers...
- Epidemiology and clinical features of vivax malaria imported to Europe: sentinel surveillance data from TropNetEuropN Mühlberger
Institute of Tropical Medicine, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Malar J 3:5. 2004..vivax malaria are limited. The TropNetEurop surveillance network has monitored the importation of vivax malaria into Europe since 1999...
- Epidemiology and clinical features of imported dengue fever in Europe: sentinel surveillance data from TropNetEuropT Jelinek
Department of Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine, University of Munich, 80802 Munich, Germany
Clin Infect Dis 35:1047-52. 2002..Dengue hemorrhagic fever occurred in 7 patients (2.4%) all of whom recovered. Data reported by member sites of the TropNetEurop can contribute to understanding the epidemiology and clinical characteristics of imported DF...
- Age as a risk factor for severe manifestations and fatal outcome of falciparum malaria in European patients: observations from TropNetEurop and SIMPID Surveillance DataN Mühlberger
Department of Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Clin Infect Dis 36:990-5. 2003..Our study provides evidence that falciparum malaria is more serious in older patients and demonstrates that clinical surveillance networks are capable of providing quality data for investigation of rare events or diseases...
- Guidelines for the diagnosis of tick-borne bacterial diseases in EuropeP Brouqui
Unite des Rickettsies, CNRS UMR 6020, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de la Mediterranee, Marseille, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 10:1108-32. 2004..These guidelines aim to help clinicians and microbiologists in diagnosing infection transmitted by tick bites and to provide the scientific and medical community with a better understanding of these infectious diseases...
- Imported dengue fever in Austria 1990-2005H Laferl
4th Medical Department with Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine, Kaiser Franz Josef - Hospital, Kundratstrasse 3, A-1100, Vienna, Austria
Travel Med Infect Dis 4:319-23. 2006..Prompt diagnosis and symptomatic treatment is warranted and should prevent patients from unnecessary and potentially harmful diagnostic and therapeutic procedures...