- The multi-KH protein vigilin associates with free and membrane-bound ribosomesC Kruse
Department of Medical Molecular Biology of the Medical University of Lübeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, 23535 Lübeck, Germany
Cell Mol Life Sci 60:2219-27. 2003..Therefore, we suggest that vigilin does not distinguish between free or membrane-bound ribosomes but is generally necessary for the localization of mRNAs to actively translating ribosomes...
- Export and transport of tRNA are coupled to a multi-protein complexC Kruse
Department of Medical Molecular Biology, Medical University of Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, D 23538 Lubeck, Germany
Biochem J 346:107-15. 2000....
- Estradiol has a direct impact on the exocrine pancreas as demonstrated by enzyme and vigilin expressionI Hilgendorf
Department of Medical Molecular Biology, , Ratzeburger Allee 160, , Germany
Pancreatology 1:24-9. 2001....
- Evidence for posttranscriptional regulation of the multi K homology domain protein vigilin by a small peptide encoded in the 5' leader sequenceJ Rohwedel
Department of Medical Molecular Biology, Medical University of Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, 23538, Lubeck, Germany
Cell Mol Life Sci 60:1705-15. 2003..We propose that the two structurally different 5' leader sequences of the human vigilin mRNA are involved in the regulation of vigilin biosynthesis...
- Vigilin contains a functional nuclear localisation sequence and is present in both the cytoplasm and the nucleusS Kugler
Institut fur Medizinische Molekularbiologie, Medizinische Universitat zu Lubeck, Lubeck, Germany
FEBS Lett 382:330-4. 1996..These observations support the notion that Vigilin may shuttle between nucleus and cytoplasm presumably in contact with RNA molecules...
- She2p, a novel RNA-binding protein tethers ASH1 mRNA to the Myo4p myosin motor via She3pF Bohl
ZMBH, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 282, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
EMBO J 19:5514-24. 2000..She2p and She3p are the first examples of adapters for tethering a localized mRNA to the motor protein and might serve as prototypes for RNA-motor protein adapters...