A J Kroesen
- [Pelvic floor and anal incontinence. Conservative therapy]A J Kroesen
Abteilung für Allgemein, Viszeral und Unfallchirurgie, Krankenhaus Porz am Rhein, Koln
Chirurg 84:15-20. 2013..For minor disorders of anorectal function these conservative methods can lead to an improvement of anorectal function and should be individually adapted...
- [Therapy of refractory proctocolitis and Crohn's disease. Incisionless laparoscopic proctocolectomy with a Brooke ileostomy]A J Kroesen
Chirurgische Klinik I Allgemein, Gefäss und Thoraxchirurgie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Chirurg 80:730-3. 2009..Proctocolectomy with a Brooke ileostomy represents a very effective option for these patients. The laparoscopic technique can at least spare the patients a salvage laparotomy incision. We report about our preliminary experiences..
- Predictors of permanent ileostomy after restorative proctocolectomyA G Wibmer
Department of General, Visceral, Vascular and Thoracic Surgery, Charite, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Br J Surg 97:1561-6. 2010..This study evaluated predictors of the need for a permanent ileostomy to identify patients at high risk of IPAA failure...
- Abdominal resection rectopexy with an absorbable polyglactin mesh: prospective evaluation of morphological and functional changes with consecutive improvement of patient's symptomsS D Otto
Department of Surgery, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12203, Berlin, Germany
World J Surg 34:2710-6. 2010..This is reflected in the multiplicity of surgical procedures. The aim of this prospective study was to measure morphological and functional changes of the pelvic floor and the rectum before and after resection rectopexy...
- [Acute sigmoid diverticulitis. Are operations more frequent since the introduction of laparoscopy and CT scanning?]J P Ritz
Chirurgische Klinik I, Klinik fUr Allgemein, Gefäss und Thoraxchirurgie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm 30, Berlin, Germany
Chirurg 82:701-6. 2011..The aim of this study was to examine whether this has led to changes in the indications for surgical therapy...
- Does glutamine reduce bacterial translocation? A study in two animal models with impaired gut barrierT Foitzik
Chirurgische Klinik I Allgemein, Gefäss und Thoraxchirurgie, Universitatsklinikum Benjamin Franklin, Freie Universitat Berlin, Hindenburgdamm 30, D 12200 Berlin, Germany
Int J Colorectal Dis 14:143-9. 1999....
- [Short bowel syndrome: which remedy, which nutrition and which surgical options?]M Amasheh
Medizinische Klinik I für Gastroenterologie, Infektiologie und Rheumatologie, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Charite, Berlin, Germany
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 132:1763-7. 2007
- Staging anal cancer: prospective comparison of transanal endoscopic ultrasound and magnetic resonance imagingS D Otto
Campus Benjamin Franklin, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200, Berlin, Germany
J Gastrointest Surg 13:1292-8. 2009..Transanal endoscopic ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging are routinely applied. The aim of this prospective comparative study is to evaluate whether tumor staging is concordant between these techniques...
- [Results of multivisceral resection of primary colorectal cancer]M Kruschewski
Chirurgische Klinik und Hochschulambulanz I, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin
Zentralbl Chir 131:217-22. 2006..The aim of this study is characterization of the patient population as well as evaluation of the morbidity and mortality associated with this type of extensive intervention...
- Occurrence of adenomas in the pouch and small intestine of FAP patients after proctocolectomy with ileoanal pouch constructionA C Schulz
Department of General, Vascular and Thoracic Surgery, Charite, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200 Berlin, Germany
Int J Colorectal Dis 23:437-41. 2008..The exact incidence of these ileal polyps is still unknown, since the diagnostic possibilities of examining the small intestine are limited...
- New aspects of surgical therapy of recurrent Crohn's diseaseA J Kroesen
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Benjamin Franklin, Freie Universitat, Berlin, Germany
Yonsei Med J 41:1-7. 2000..If necessary, proctectomy remains the last option. Also, emergency surgery in recurrent Crohn's disease follows the same rules as in elective surgery...
- [Continent ileoanal reservoir--a surgical challenge]U Zurbuchen
Abteilung für Viszeral und Thoraxchirurgie, Chirurgischen Klinik I, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Deutschland
Urologe A 47:18-24. 2008..In addition, explanations of the surgical techniques for both procedures are presented. The functional results are compared with those of other reconstruction options and discussed, taking our own results into consideration...
- Changes in expression and distribution of claudin 2, 5 and 8 lead to discontinuous tight junctions and barrier dysfunction in active Crohn's diseaseS Zeissig
Department of Gastroenterology, Charite, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200 Berlin, Germany
Gut 56:61-72. 2007..Epithelial barrier function is impaired in Crohn's disease...