- Clinical and genetic analysis of Staphylococcus aureus nasal colonisation and exit-site infection in patients undergoing peritoneal dialysisB Kreft
Medizinische Klinik I, Medizinische Universitat zu Lubeck, Germany
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 20:734-7. 2001..In 50% of the SA carriers, nasal isolates were genetically constant over time; in the other 50% a change of colonising SA strains was observed. The risk of exit-site infection was identical in both groups...
- 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 differentially regulates IL-1alpha-stimulated IL-8 and MCP-1 mRNA expression and chemokine secretion by human primary proximal tubular epithelial cellsS Kruger
Department of Medicine I, Medical University of Lubeck, Germany
Exp Nephrol 9:223-8. 2001..The differential effects of 1,25-D3 on renal tubular cytokine secretion have to be considered in therapeutic dials on this hormone, e.g. in renal transplant rejection...
- Absence of cytokine response to bacterial challenge in human tubuloepithelial cellsA Leeker
Medizinische Klinik I, , Deutschland
Kidney Blood Press Res 24:105-10. 2001..In conclusion, tubuloepithelial cells may play an active role in the local defense against bacteria, e.g. by expressing MHC class II molecules. However, in vitro inflammatory cytokines are not induced by E. coli in this cell population...
- Polarized expression of Tamm-Horsfall protein by renal tubular epithelial cells activates human granulocytesB Kreft
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Medical University of Lubeck, Lubeck, Germany
Infect Immun 70:2650-6. 2002..The regulation of apical versus basal THP expression and release in vivo may be crucial in the induction of the inflammatory response, e.g., in bacterial renal diseases...
- Vasculitic purpura with antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-positive acute renal failure in a patient with Streptococcus bovis case and Neisseria subflava bacteremia and subacute endocarditisA Bauer
Department of Medicine I, University of Lübeck School of Medicine, Lubeck, Germany
Clin Nephrol 62:144-8. 2004..Neisseria subflava, an upper respiratory tract commensal, may cause subacute bacterial endocarditis without typical symptoms...
- Liver-intestine cadherin: molecular cloning and characterization of a novel Ca(2+)-dependent cell adhesion molecule expressed in liver and intestineD Berndorff
Institut fur Klinische Chemie und Biochemie, Universitatsklinikum Rudolf Virchow, Freie Universitat Berlin, Federal Republic of Germany
J Cell Biol 125:1353-69. 1994..These results suggest that LI-cadherin represents a new cadherin subtype and may have a role in the morphological organization of liver and intestine...
- Skin-coloured facial oedema as an initial manifestation of acrodermatitis chronica atrophicansB Danz
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 22:751-3. 2008