B W Kramer
- BAG-1 haplo-insufficiency impairs lung tumorigenesisRudolf Götz
Institut fur Medizinische Strahlenkunde und Zellforschung, Universitat Wurzburg, Germany
BMC Cancer 4:85. 2004....
- Endotoxin-induced chorioamnionitis modulates innate immunity of monocytes in preterm sheepBoris W Kramer
University Children s Hospital, Josef Schneider Str 2, 97080 Wuerzburg, Germany
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 171:73-7. 2005..Modulation of fetal innate immune responses by exposure to inflammation may alter subsequent immune adaptation after birth...
- [Congress report: "Recent Advances in Neonatal Medicine" from October 6 to October 9, 2005 in Würzburg]B W Kramer
Universitäts Kinderklinik, Wurzburg
Z Geburtshilfe Neonatol 210:25-30. 2006
- Decreased expression of angiogenic factors in placentas with chorioamnionitis after preterm birthBoris W Kramer
University Children s Hospital, Wuerzburg, Germany
Pediatr Res 58:607-12. 2005..We speculate that cellular stress and changes in angiogenic homeostasis induced by proinflammatory activation of fetal endothelium in chorioamnionitis may not be limited to the placenta but may also involve other fetal organs...
- Use of mitogenic cascade blockers for treatment of C-Raf induced lung adenoma in vivo: CI-1040 strongly reduces growth and improves lung structureBoris W Kramer
Universitäts Kinderklinik Würzburg, D 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
BMC Cancer 4:24. 2004..In this study the effect of the Raf kinase inhibitor BAY 43-9006 and of the MEK inhibitor CI-1040 (PD184352) on a Raf dependent lung tumor mouse model was analyzed in detail...
- Connective tissue growth factor does not affect transforming growth factor-beta 1-induced Smad3 phosphorylation and T lymphocyte proliferation inhibitionS Kunzmann
University Children s Hospital, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 147:152-60. 2008..Overall, these data support the hypothesis that CTGF does not act on CD4+ T lymphocytes...
- Cytokeratin antibodies as differential markers of trophoblast and fetomaternal syncytial plaques in the sheep placentomeM Kadyrov
Department of Anatomy II, University Hospital, RWTH Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Placenta 28:1107-9. 2007..This antibody proved to be a useful tool for easy histological orientation in the sheep placenta. In combination with other antibodies in double immunohistochemistry it facilitates exact localization of antigens...
- All-trans retinoic acid and intra-amniotic endotoxin-mediated effects on fetal sheep lungB W Kramer
Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital Maastricht, The Netherlands
Anat Rec (Hoboken) 291:1271-7. 2008..6 +/- 0.3 in endotoxin-induced chorioamnionitis, 2.1 +/- 0.3 in controls and 4.1 +/- 0.5 after RA and endotoxin. We conclude that fetal treatment with RA did not prevent inflammation-induced alveolar simplification...
- Dose and time response after intraamniotic endotoxin in preterm lambsB W Kramer
Division of Pulmonary Biology, Children's Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229-3039, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 164:982-8. 2001..The cells in the amniotic fluid may be a source of prolonged fetal exposure to proinflammatory cytokines...
- ["Recent advances in neonatal medicine", 18-20 October 2002, Würzburg, Germany]B W Kramer
Universitäts Kinderklinik Würzburg
Z Geburtshilfe Neonatol 207:74-6. 2003
- [Surfactant proteins A and D: major factors of the immune response of the lung]B W Kramer
Universitäts Kinderklinik Würzburg, Wurzburg
Z Geburtshilfe Neonatol 207:41-7. 2003..In addition, SP-A and SP-D interact with the adaptive immune system by reducing interleukin-2 production and T lymphocyte proliferation...
- Effects of ventilation with different positive end-expiratory pressures on cytokine expression in the preterm lamb lungA S Naik
Children's Hospital Medical Center, Division of Pulmonary Biology, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 164:494-8. 2001..Mechanical ventilation increased the expression of proinflammatory mediators in surfactant-treated preterm lungs and the use of 4 PEEP minimized this response...
- Antenatal inflammation and lung injury: prenatal origin of neonatal diseaseB W Kramer
Department of Pediatrics, Academisch Ziekenhuis Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Perinatol 28:S21-7. 2008..Antenatal inflammation in utero may be associated with lung injury and subsequent aberrant lung development resulting in bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD). BPD has become a developmental disease with a uniform arrest in lung development...
- Exogenous surfactant changes the phenotype of alveolar macrophages in miceB W Kramer
Division of Pulmonary Biology, Children's Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45229-3039, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 280:L689-94. 2001..Surfactant treatment in healthy mice transiently changed the phenotype of alveolar macrophages to large and foamy without indications of changes in the surface markers characteristic of activation...
- Surfactant protein A recruits neutrophils into the lungs of ventilated preterm lambsB W Kramer
Department of Pulmonary Biology, Children's Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229-3039, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 163:158-65. 2001..The present study identifies an unanticipated role of SP-A in neutrophil recruitment in the lungs of preterm lambs...