Genomes and Genes
Mariusz Pawel Kowalewski
- Kowalewski M, Beceriklisoy H, Aslan S, Agaoglu A, Hoffmann B. Time related changes in luteal prostaglandin synthesis and steroidogenic capacity during pregnancy, normal and antiprogestin induced luteolysis in the bitch. Anim Reprod Sci. 2009;116:129-38 pubmed publisher..On the other hand induction of luteolysis by the PR blocker Aglepristone points to a role of luteal P4 as an autocrine factor in a positive loop feedback system controlling the availability of P4, StAR and 3betaHSD. ..
- Kowalewski M, Beceriklisoy H, Pfarrer C, Aslan S, Kindahl H, Kücükaslan I, et al. Canine placenta: a source of prepartal prostaglandins during normal and antiprogestin-induced parturition. Reproduction. 2010;139:655-64 pubmed publisher....
- Kowalewski M, Ihle S, Siemieniuch M, Gram A, Boos A, Zdunczyk S, et al. Formation of the early canine CL and the role of prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) in regulation of its function: an in vivo approach. Theriogenology. 2015;83:1038-47 pubmed publisher..Additionally, the possibility of an indirect effect on PRL function arises from the increased prolactin receptor expression in response to PGE2 treatment in canine lutein cells observed in vitro. ..
- Graubner F, Boos A, Aslan S, KÃ¼cÃ¼kaslan I, Kowalewski M. Uterine and placental distribution of selected extracellular matrix (ECM) components in the dog. Reproduction. 2018;: pubmed publisher..g., in humans in which Placenta accreta appears to share several similarities with canine subinvolution of placental sites (SIPS). ..
- Kowalewski M, Mutembei H, Hoffmann B. Canine prostaglandin E2 synthase (PGES) and its receptors (EP2 and EP4): expression in the corpus luteum during dioestrus. Anim Reprod Sci. 2008;109:319-29 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data suggest that in the dog PGE2 of luteal origin acts by autocrine mechanism as a luteotropic factor through its EP2 and EP4 receptors during the phase of CL-formation. ..
- Kowalewski M. Endocrine and molecular control of luteal and placental function in dogs: a review. Reprod Domest Anim. 2012;47 Suppl 6:19-24 pubmed publisher..This is in contrast to pregnant dogs in which prepartum luteolysis seems to be an active process of CL destruction by PGF2? of utero/placental origin targeting the luteal PGF2?-receptor. ..
- Zatta S, Rehrauer H, Gram A, Boos A, Kowalewski M. Transcriptome analysis reveals differences in mechanisms regulating cessation of luteal function in pregnant and non-pregnant dogs. BMC Genomics. 2017;18:757 pubmed publisher..This study establishes future research directions that may be helpful in understanding some of the clinical conditions, such as luteal insufficiency, associated with negative pregnancy outcome in dogs. ..
- Kowalewski M, Mutembei H, Hoffmann B. Canine prostaglandin F2alpha receptor (FP) and prostaglandin F2alpha synthase (PGFS): molecular cloning and expression in the corpus luteum. Anim Reprod Sci. 2008;107:161-75 pubmed..These data suggest that luteal regression in non-pregnant bitches is not modulated by PGF2alpha. However, the FP seems to be constitutionally expressed, explaining the receptivity of canine CL to exogenous PGF2alpha. ..
- Kowalewski M, Gram A, Boos A. The role of hypoxia and HIF1? in the regulation of STAR-mediated steroidogenesis in granulosa cells. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2015;401:35-44 pubmed publisher..HIF1? appears to be a positive regulator of basal and stimulated STAR-expression, which under partial hypoxia is capable of increasing the steroidogenic capacity of granulosa cells. ..
- von Hof J, Sprekeler N, Schuler G, Boos A, Kowalewski M. Uterine and placental expression of HPGD in cows during pregnancy and release of fetal membranes. Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat. 2017;128-129:17-26 pubmed publisher..Placentomes stained primarily in fetal compartments; interplacentomal signals were observed in endometrial glandular and luminal epithelium. Results indicate that HPGD may play a role during establishment and termination of gestation. ..
- Nowak M, Gram A, Boos A, Aslan S, Ay S, Önyay F, et al. Functional implications of the utero-placental relaxin (RLN) system in the dog throughout pregnancy and at term. Reproduction. 2017;154:415-431 pubmed publisher..New insights into feto-maternal communication was provided, in particular regarding the localization of RXFP2 in the maternal decidual cells, implying functional roles of RLN during the decidualization process. ..