- Autoinhibition of neuronal nitric oxide synthase: distinct effects of reactive nitrogen and oxygen species on enzyme activityP Kotsonis
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Julius Maximilians University, Versbacher Strasse 9, D 97078 Wurzburg, Germany
Biochem J 340:745-52. 1999..Consistent with this, exogenous H2O2 also inhibited NOS activity during phase I. Thus during catalysis NOS is subject to complex autoinhibition by both enzyme-derived RNS and H2O2, differentially affecting enzyme activity...
- Tetrahydrobiopterin inhibits monomerization and is consumed during catalysis in neuronal NO synthaseA Reif
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Julius Maximilians University, Wurzburg, 97078 Germany
J Biol Chem 274:24921-9. 1999..In conclusion, we propose a role for H(4)Bip as a dimer-stabilizing factor of neuronal NOS during catalysis, possibly by interfering with enzyme destabilizing products...
- Allosteric regulation of neuronal nitric oxide synthase by tetrahydrobiopterin and suppression of auto-damaging superoxideP Kotsonis
Department of Pharmacology, Julius Maximilians University, Versbacher Strasse 9, D 97078 Wurzburg, Germany
Biochem J 346:767-76. 2000..generating conditions in the absence of substrate. These results suggest that H(4)Bip allosterically activates NOS-I and stabilizes quaternary structure by a novel mechanism involving the direct interception of auto-damaging O(2)(-.)...
- Structural basis for pterin antagonism in nitric-oxide synthase. Development of novel 4-oxo-pteridine antagonists of (6R)-5,6,7,8-tetrahydrobiopterinP Kotsonis
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Julius Maximilians University, Versbacher Strasse 9, Würzburg 97078, Germany
J Biol Chem 276:49133-41. 2001....
- Endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (type III) is activated and becomes calcium independent upon phosphorylation by cyclic nucleotide-dependent protein kinasesE Butt
Medical University Clinic, Institute of Clinical Biochemistry and Pathobiochemistry, Josef Schneider Strasse 2, D 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
J Biol Chem 275:5179-87. 2000....