- Relevance of brain natriuretic peptide in preload-dependent regulation of cardiac sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ ATPase expressionHarald Kogler
Abteilung fur Kardiologie, Georg August Universitat, Gottingen, Germany
Circulation 113:2724-32. 2006..However, there is evidence that BNP-mediated signaling may adversely influence cardiac remodeling, with further impairment of calcium homeostasis...
- Mechanical load-dependent regulation of gene expression in monocrotaline-induced right ventricular hypertrophy in the ratHarald Kogler
Georg August Universitat Gottingen, Abteilung Kardiologie und Pneumologie, Robert Koch Str 40, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Circ Res 93:230-7. 2003..Neuroendocrine factors, which equally affect both chambers, are not sufficient to alter the expression of Ca2+-cycling proteins...
- Disproportionate enhancement of myocardial contractility by the xanthine oxidase inhibitor oxypurinol in failing rat myocardiumHarald Kogler
Institute of Molecular Cardiobiology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Cardiovasc Res 59:582-92. 2003..We examined whether this inotropic action is preserved or magnified in failing rat myocardium and whether the magnitude of this effect correlates with tissue xanthine-oxidoreductase (XOR) activity...
- Elevated afterload, neuroendocrine stimulation, and human heart failure increase BNP levels and inhibit preload-dependent SERCA upregulationKarl Toischer
Abteilung Kardiologie und Pneumologie, Georg August Universitat, Robert Koch Strasse 40, Gottingen, Germany
Circ Heart Fail 1:265-71. 2008..In heart failure, brain-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) is elevated and the sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+)-ATPase (SERCA) downregulated. We previously showed that preload-induced SERCA-upregulation is suppressed by exogenous BNP...
- Local and systemic effects of angiotensin receptor blockade in an emphysema mouse modelTobias Raupach
Department of Cardiology and Pneumology, University Hospital Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 24:215-20. 2011..This study examined the effects of an angiotensin II receptor blocker (ARB) on pulmonary and systemic manifestations of emphysema in a mouse model...
- Hydroxyl radical-induced acute diastolic dysfunction is due to calcium overload via reverse-mode Na(+)-Ca(2+) exchangeOliver Zeitz
, Abteilung Kardiologie und Pneumologie, , Germany
Circ Res 90:988-95. 2002..Degradation of troponins appears to be species-dependent but does not contribute to the acute diastolic dysfunction...
- Insulin-like growth factor-1 exerts Ca2+-dependent positive inotropic effects in failing human myocardiumDirk von Lewinski
Abteilung Kardiologie und Pneumologie, , Germany
Circ Res 92:169-76. 2003..The increased [Ca2+]i with IGF-1 originates from both enhanced L-type Ca2+ currents and enhanced Na+-H+ exchange-dependent reverse-mode Na+-Ca2+ exchange. These nongenomic functional effects of IGF-1 may be of clinical relevance...
- Pressure overload and neurohumoral activation differentially affect the myocardial proteomePeter Schott
Department of Cardiology and Respiratory Care, Georg August University, Gottingen, Germany
Proteomics 5:1372-81. 2005..This study represents the first in-depth analysis of global proteome alterations in a controlled animal model of pressure overload-induced myocardial hypertrophy...
- BNP controls early load-dependent regulation of SERCA through calcineurinKarl Toischer
Abteilung Kardiologie und Pneumologie, Georg August Universitat, Robert Koch Str 40, 37075, Gottingen, Germany
Basic Res Cardiol 105:795-804. 2010..This is followed by upregulation of natriuretic peptides with subsequent suppression of SERCA upregulation. Elevated natriuretic peptides may suppress SERCA expression by inhibition of calcineurin activity via activation of GC-A...
- Celecoxib modulates hypertrophic signalling and prevents load-induced cardiac dysfunctionClaudius Jacobshagen
Department of Cardiology, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Eur J Heart Fail 10:334-42. 2008..It reduces load-induced LV dilation, contractile dysfunction and mortality in vivo. This may have clinical implications for the prevention and treatment of maladaptive hypertrophy and its progression to HF in humans...
- Myocardial adaptation of energy metabolism to elevated preload depends on calcineurin activity : a proteomic approachPeter Schott
Dept of Cardiology and Respiratory Care, Georg August University Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Basic Res Cardiol 103:232-43. 2008..This short-term adaptation to enhanced mechanical load appears to critically depend on calcineurin phosphatase activity...
- Insulin causes [Ca2+]i-dependent and [Ca2+]i-independent positive inotropic effects in failing human myocardiumDirk von Lewinski
Abteilung Kardiologie und Pneumologie, , , Germany
Circulation 111:2588-95. 2005..These nongenomic functional effects of insulin may be of clinical relevance, eg, during insulin-glucose-potassium infusions...
- Exercise intolerance and systemic manifestations of pulmonary emphysema in a mouse modelLars Lüthje
Kardiologie und Pneumologie, Georg August Universitat, Gottingen, Germany
Respir Res 10:7. 2009..Systemic effects of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) significantly contribute to severity and mortality of the disease. We aimed to develop a COPD/emphysema model exhibiting systemic manifestations of the disease...
- Negative inotropy of the gastric proton pump inhibitor pantoprazole in myocardium from humans and rabbits: evaluation of mechanismsWolfgang Schillinger
Herzzentrum, Kardiologie und Pneumologie, Georg August Universitaet Goettingen, Robert Koch Strasse 40, 37099 Goettingen, Germany
Circulation 116:57-66. 2007..Proton pump inhibitors are used extensively for acid-related gastrointestinal diseases. Their effect on cardiac contractility has not been assessed directly...
- Alpha1-adrenergic stress induces downregulation of Na+/Ca2+ exchanger in myocardial preparations from rabbits at physiological preloadWolfgang Schillinger
Universitaet Goettingen, Herzzentrum, Kardiologie und Pneumologie, Goettingen, Germany
Eur J Heart Fail 9:329-35. 2007..In hypertrophy and heart failure, distinct phenotypes with respect to NCX1 expression may result from the interaction between mechanical load and alpha1-adrenergic stimulation...
- Na(+)-Ca(2+) exchanger overexpression predisposes to reactive oxygen species-induced injuryStefan Wagner
Department of Cardiology and Pneumology, , Robert Koch Str 40, , Germany
Cardiovasc Res 60:404-12. 2003..It was shown that failing cardiac myocytes are more susceptible to ROS-induced damage, possibly due to increased expression of the sarcolemmal Na-Ca exchanger (NCX)...
- Improved systolic and diastolic myocardial function with intracoronary pyruvate in patients with congestive heart failureHans Peter Hermann
Abteilung Kardiologie und Pneumologie, Georg August Universitat Gottingen, Robert Koch Str 40, Göttingen D 37075, Germany
Eur J Heart Fail 6:213-8. 2004..Pyruvate increases myocardial performance in isolated myocardium and improves hemodynamics in patients with congestive heart failure...