Affiliation: Klinikum rechts der Isar
- YB-1 dependent oncolytic adenovirus efficiently inhibits tumor growth of glioma cancer stem like cellsKlaus Mantwill
Institut für Experimentelle Onkologie and Therapieforschung, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Ismaninger Str, 22, 81675 Munchen, Germany
J Transl Med 11:216. 2013..In addition, the capacity of Ad-Delo3-RGD, an YB-1 dependent oncolytic adenovirus, to eradicate CSC was evaluated both in vitro and in vivo...
- Aldehyde dehydrogenase 1A1--a new mediator of resistance to temozolomide in glioblastomaAndrea Schäfer
Division of Neuropathology, Institute of Pathology, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munchen, Germany
Neuro Oncol 14:1452-64. 2012..0001). ALDH1A1 is a new mediator for resistance of GBM to temozolomide and a reliable predictor of clinical outcome and may serve as a potential target to improve treatment of human GBM...
- Inhibition of radiation induced migration of human head and neck squamous cell carcinoma cells by blocking of EGF receptor pathwaysAnja C Pickhard
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Technical University of Munich, Ismaninger Straße 22, 81675 Munich, Germany
BMC Cancer 11:388. 2011..A further aim was to investigate the effects of blocking the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) and its downstream pathways (Raf/MEK/ERK, PI3K/Akt) on tumor cell migration in vitro...
- Expression of the genes of methyl-binding domain proteins in human gliomasJurgen Schlegel
Division of Neuro pathology, Institute of Pathology, Munich Technical University, D 81675 Munich, Germany
Oncol Rep 9:393-5. 2002..MBD3 and MBD4/MED1, however, showed a correlation of expression with the grade of malignancy. Astrocytomas and anaplastic astrocytomas showed a weak expression compared with a high expression in glioblastoma multiforme...
- The Akt/protein kinase B-dependent anti-apoptotic pathway and the mitogen-activated protein kinase cascade are alternatively activated in human glioblastoma multiformeJ Schlegel
Institut für Pathologie der Technischen, Universitat Munchen, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Ismaninger Strasse 22, 81675, Munich, Germany
Cancer Lett 158:103-8. 2000..Our data might indicate the presence of two functional subtypes of glioblastoma multiforme, since Akt and MAPK are involved in cellular survival and proliferation signalling, respectively...
- The p16/Cdkn2a/Ink4a gene is frequently deleted in nitrosourea-induced rat glial tumorsJ Schlegel
Molecular Neuropathology Laboratory, Department of Neuropathology, University Medical Center, Marburg, Germany
Pathobiology 67:202-6. 1999..Since this genetic alteration is also commonly observed in human malignant glial tumors, our results validate the use of chemically induced rat glioma cell lines as an experimental model in the development of gene therapy strategies...
- Expression of alternatively spliced mdm2 transcripts correlates with stabilized wild-type p53 protein in human glioblastoma cellsA Kraus
Department of Neuropathology, University of Marburg, Germany
Int J Cancer 80:930-4. 1999..Such a mechanism might account for wt p53 protein accumulation in GBM cells, even in the presence of MDM2 gene amplification...
- Activation of the phosphatidylinositol-3'-kinase/protein kinase B-dependent antiapoptotic pathway plays an important role in the development of radioresistance of human glioma cellsJ Schlegel
Division of Neuropathology, Munich Technical University D 81675 Munich, Germany
Ann N Y Acad Sci 973:224-7. 2002
- Growth inhibition by dominant-negative mutations of the neu-encoded oncoproteinJ Schlegel
Department of Neuropathology, University of Marburg, Germany
Int J Cancer 70:78-83. 1997..Thus, kinase-deficient mutants exert a dominant-negative effect on phosphorylation of receptor complexes, resulting in a reversion of the transformed phenotype...
- Epidermal growth factor receptor, c-erbB2 and c-erbB3 receptor interaction, and related cell cycle kinetics of SK-BR-3 and BT474 breast carcinoma cellsG Brockhoff
Institute of Pathology, University Regensburg, Regensberg, Germany
Cytometry 44:338-48. 2001..We investigated the recruitment of receptor complexes in two c-erbB2-overexpressing breast carcinoma cell lines, SK-BR-3 and BT474, after ligand binding and its effects on intracellular signal transduction and cell cycle regulation...
- Signaling pathways mediate the neuroprotective effects of GDNFF Neff
Division of Neuropathology, Institute of Pathology, Munich Technical University, Munich, Germany
Ann N Y Acad Sci 973:70-4. 2002..Using differential display techniques we detected several cDNA clones differentially expressed after treatment with GDNF or 6-OHDA...
- Inhibition of NGF-induced neurite outgrowth of rat pheochromocytoma cells (PC12) following administration of dioxyamphetamineS Zoubaa
Institute of Pathology, Division of Neuropathology, Technical University, Ismaninger Strasse 22, D 81675 Munich, Germany
Neurosci Lett 476:113-8. 2010..Our results indicate that NGF-mediated neurite outgrowth was inhibited by pretreatment with DA, and this blockage of NGF-induced neuritogenesis was not due to an inhibition of ERK phosphorylation...
- Extensive cerebral invasion of a basal cell carcinoma of the scalpM Schroeder
Department of Neurosurgery of the Technical University of Munich, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Ismaningerstr 22, 81675 Munich, Germany
Eur J Surg Oncol 27:510-1. 2001..Brain invasion along Virchow-Robin's spaces is demonstrated histopathologically. A review of literature failed to disclose a previous report of similar extensive and fatal cerebral invasion from a basal cell carcinoma of the scalp...
- Amphetamines induce apoptosis and regulation of bcl-x splice variants in neocortical neuronsG Stumm
Department of Neuropathology, Institute of Forensic Medicine and Department of Psychiatry, Philipps University, Marburg, Germany
FASEB J 13:1065-72. 1999..These data support that the neurotoxic effects of different amphetamines are extended to rat neocortical neurons and that apoptotic pathways are involved in amphetamine-induced neurotoxicity...
- Multiple progressive intracerebral hemorrhages due to an angiosarcoma: a case reportM Mühlau
Department of Neurology, Technical University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Eur J Neurol 10:741-2. 2003..In the presence of normal coagulation tests, further progression of ICH should raise questions about common causes of ICH such as oral anticoagulation in our case...
- Endothelial proliferation, neoangiogenesis, and potential de novo generation of cerebrovascular malformationsU Sure
Department of Neurosurgery, Philipps University, Marburg, Germany
J Neurosurg 94:972-7. 2001..A recent survey of the literature has shown the potential for de novo generation of both familial and sporadic cavernomas as well as AVMs. Therefore, it was of interest to determine the biological behavior of these lesions in detail...
- Brain metastases in renal cell cancer: diagnostic and therapeutic aspectsCarsten Nieder
Department of Radiation Oncology, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technical University Munich, Ismaninger Str 22, 81675 Munich, Germany
Am J Clin Oncol 27:632-4. 2004..However, further work-up revealed abscesses from bronchopneumonia. Diagnostic and therapeutic aspects as well as potential pitfalls in the management of patients with brain metastases are discussed...