Affiliation: Klinikum rechts der Isar
- [Development of the German Scale for Assessing Quality of Life in Skin Diseases]T Schafer
MPH, Klinik und Poliklinik für Dermatologie und Allergologie der Technischen Universität München, Biedersteiner Strasse 29
Hautarzt 52:492-8. 2001..A German dermatological quality-of-life (QoL) instrument was developed on the basis of a representative and standardised patient population...
- Epidemiology of acne in the general population: the risk of smokingT Schafer
Department of Dermatology and Allergy, Technical University of Munich, Biedersteiner Strasse 29, 80802 Munich, Germany
Br J Dermatol 145:100-4. 2001..Clinical experience suggests an association between smoking and acne, although confirmatory evidence from appropriate studies is lacking...
- [German instrument for the assessment of quality of life in skin diseases (DIELH). Internal consistency, reliability, convergent and discriminant validity and responsiveness]T Schafer
Klinik und Poliklinik für Dermatologie und Allergologie am Biederstein der Technischen Universität München, Biedersteiner Strasse 29, 80802 Munchen
Hautarzt 52:624-8. 2001..Performance and psychometric testing of the German Instrument for the Assessment of Quality of Life in Skin Diseases (DIELH)...
- The excess of atopic eczema in East Germany is related to the intrinsic typeT Schafer
Division of Environmental Dermatology and Allergology GSF TUM, Department of Dermatology and Allergy, am Biederstein, Munich Technical University, Biedersteiner Str 29, 80802 Munich, Germany
Br J Dermatol 143:992-8. 2000..Possible differences in the proportions of extrinsic and intrinsic types of eczema, and how far these could explain differences in the prevalence of eczema, need to be clarified...
- The course of eczema in children aged 5-7 years and its relation to atopy: differences between boys and girlsM Mohrenschlager
Department of Dermatology and Allergy Biederstein, Technical University of Munich, Germany
Br J Dermatol 154:505-13. 2006..The concept and analyses of the nonatopic and atopic subtypes of eczema have gained increasing interest in recent studies. The course of these subtypes and differences between boys and girls have not been investigated so far...
- Why are allergies increasing?J Ring
Department of Dermatology and Allergy Biederstein, Technical University Munich, Biedersteiner Strasse 29, D 80802, Munich, Germany
Curr Opin Immunol 13:701-8. 2001....
- High prevalence of superantigens associated with the egc locus in Staphylococcus aureus isolates from patients with atopic eczemaM Mempel
Klinik und Poliklinik für Dermatologie und Allergologie am Biederstein der Technischen Universität München, Biedersteiner Strasse 29, 80802, Munich, Germany
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 22:306-9. 2003..However, patients colonized with Staphylococcus aureus had a significantly higher SCORAD score than those not colonized...
- Association of a STAT 6 haplotype with elevated serum IgE levels in a population based cohort of white adultsS Weidinger
Department of Dermatology and Allergy, Technical University Munich, Biedersteiner St 29, 80802 Munich, Germany
J Med Genet 41:658-63. 2004..Among candidate genes in this region is STAT6 (signal transducer and activator of transcription), which is essential for Th2 cell differentiation, recruitment, and effector function...